• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"I need a New PC!" 2012 Thread. 22nm+28nm, Tri-Gate, and reading the OP. [Part 1]

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkenyon

Banned
I don't exactly remember why, built it 2 years ago, probably because of the fan beside it or something I read.
Yeah, you have your rear fan set up for intake too. If I were you, I'd consider unplugging your rear fan to see if that helps temps. The Noctua fans are designed for high pressure as well as a specific airflow pattern to move over the fins in a way that provides optimal cooling as well as low noise. Having a third fan blow right at the side of it might be screwing up that engineering.

I posted this on the Steam thread, but with the Steam sale around the corner I am sure it will be blind sighted.

I am having a problem playing Source based games. When I load up Team Fortress 2 or DOTA 2 it never loads. I bring up my Task Manager and noticed that the games say 'Not responding' and have to force close it. This is only for source based games.

I have Uninstalled Steam, driver update on my gpu, latest windows updates but nothing works.

Any help?

Thank you.

mkenyon

Banned
I posted this on the Steam thread, but with the Steam sale around the corner I am sure it will be blind sighted.

I am having a problem playing Source based games. When I load up Team Fortress 2 or DOTA 2 it never loads. I bring up my Task Manager and noticed that the games say 'Not responding' and have to force close it. This is only for source based games.

I have Uninstalled Steam, driver update on my gpu, latest windows updates but nothing works.

Any help?

Thank you.
Run CCleaner/DriverSweeper and clean up your system.

After that, uninstall video card drivers, restart, run ccleaner/driver sweeper again to remove excess video card stuff, restart, install latest.

Alternatively you could reformat. Nuke it from space. It's the only way to be sure.

Run CCleaner/DriverSweeper and clean up your system.

After that, uninstall video card drivers, restart, run ccleaner/driver sweeper again to remove excess video card stuff, restart, install latest.

Alternatively you could reformat. Nuke it from space. It's the only way to be sure.

I appreciate your input mkenyon. I will try your first option when I get home. If I have to reformat then that is what I will have to do.

Thanks again.

WX3

Thanks for that link Haz, going to go through it all again! I actually hope its our error I'd hope we have good parts.

Jomjom

Banned
Been looking at parts for a new desktop and I need help deciding on AMD or Nvidia.

I know AMD's software has the capability to lock in custom monitor calibration profiles, while Nvidia doesn't. I know there are programs like Color Clutch that can inject .dlls into various games to keep it from resetting the profile, but I don't want to do that, especially for online games.

I've noticed that most people here go with Nvidia. How do you guys deal with that problem? Do you just use default calibrations? I hate it when I boot out of a game and my screen has a nasty blue tint to it, instead of the perfectly calibrated screen I'm used to.

MrBig

Been looking at parts for a new desktop and I need help deciding on AMD or Nvidia.

I know AMD's software has the capability to lock in custom monitor calibration profiles, while Nvidia doesn't. I know there are programs like Color Clutch that can inject .dlls into various games to keep it from resetting the profile, but I don't want to do that, especially for online games.

I've noticed that most people here go with Nvidia. How do you guys deal with that problem? Do you just use default calibrations? I hate it when I boot out of a game and my screen has a nasty blue tint to it, instead of the perfectly calibrated screen I'm used to.

Handle profiles through Windows. I've had no problems.

Jomjom

Banned
Handle profiles through Windows. I've had no problems.

How do you do it?

I've made custom ICC profiles and set them as default in Windows 7 already. But when I play a game, say Witcher 1, in full screen, when I quit out of the game, it will reset my profile back to the windows default which makes my screen look blue. I then have to go into Color Management again and set it back to the custom ICC I made. This gets annoying when it happens to about half of my games. Even worse, most games still do not support borderless full screen.

MrBig

How do you do it?

I've made custom ICC profiles and set them as default in Windows 7 already. But when I play a game, say Witcher 1, in full screen, when I quit out of the game, it will reset my profile back to the windows default which makes my screen look blue. I then have to go into Color Management again and set it back to the custom ICC I made. This gets annoying when it happens to about half of my games. Even worse, most games still do not support borderless full screen.

I've had some issues with it not being applied when I start a game, but I just alt-tab and go back to it and it's fixed. Always does what it should on exit. All I did was set it as default in color management. Only done this with W8, though.

Jomjom

Banned
Oooh maybe W8 finally fixed this problem. I'm still on W7 64bit. This problem is driving me crazy. Some games look horrible because it will reset my calibration to the crappy, inaccurate windows default. Setting the color in Nvidia's software doesn't do a thing either.

cametall

What's the consensus on the better SSD brands?

Also, how the heck are people able to monitor the prices of SSDs on multiple websites daily? OCD checking or Slickdeals (which I can't navigate for the life of me...)?

RS4-

What's the consensus on the better SSD brands?

Also, how the heck are people able to monitor the prices of SSDs on multiple websites daily? OCD checking or Slickdeals (which I can't navigate for the life of me...)?

Intel, Crucial, Corsair. I'm not too sure about Kingston ones.

Avoid: OCZ, even if free.

Kabuto

Before I pull the trigger, can someone check my rig? I still need a case because the one I was going to get sold out.
Processor: i5 2500K 4C/4T @3.3
Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V LK Intel Z77 DDR3 LGA 1155 Motherboards
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Blue 8 GB (2X4 GB) PC3-12800 1600mHz DDR3 240-Pin SDRAM Dual Channel Memory Kit
Graphics: GIGABYTE GV-N670OC-2GD GeForce GTX 670
Storage: SAMSUNG EcoGreen F4
Power Supply: Antec BP550 Plus 550W
Case:
Optical Drive: Samsung DVD-Writer Optical Drives 14700365 SHB123L/RSBP
Heatsink: CoolerMaster 212+ EVO
Sound Card: ASUS XONAR_DG
SSD: Crucial 64 GB m4

K' Dash

Guys I need to force Vsync with my 7850, doing it in the CCC does not work, can I use the D3D overrider just to force Vsync and have it coexist with the CCC without conflict?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Before I pull the trigger, can someone check my rig? I still need a case because the one I was going to get sold out.
Processor: i5 2500K 4C/4T @3.3
Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V LK Intel Z77 DDR3 LGA 1155 Motherboards
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Blue 8 GB (2X4 GB) PC3-12800 1600mHz DDR3 240-Pin SDRAM Dual Channel Memory Kit
Graphics: GIGABYTE GV-N670OC-2GD GeForce GTX 670
Storage: SAMSUNG EcoGreen F4
Power Supply: Antec BP550 Plus 550W
Case:
Optical Drive: Samsung DVD-Writer Optical Drives 14700365 SHB123L/RSBP
Heatsink: CoolerMaster 212+ EVO
Sound Card: ASUS XONAR_DG
SSD: Crucial 64 GB m4
3570K is cheaper after coupon now.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116504

Any case in the OP is good.

Ty4on

Intel, Crucial, Corsair. I'm not too sure about Kingston ones.

Avoid: OCZ, even if free.

Know many are negative to OCZ SSDs and have read about some issues with BSoD, but what is/are really the problem(s) many have with them? It's not the only one with sandforce.

I'm building a new (non-gaming) machine for my brother, and I'm having an issue that I'm looking for some direction with.

I have everything assembled, but when I power the machine on, I don't get any video out from the onbaord (there is no discrete GPU) VGA or HDMI outputs. I've confirmed that the monitors are good, as well as the cables I'm using. I've tried moving the RAM i have in all possible combinations, as well as RAM from another machine that I know is good.

I don't have a POST speaker yet to test if it's trying to post at all, but the CPU fan spins up (and stays on) and I an hear the HDD start up as well. It doesn't power cycle or reboot, and will stay on as long as I let it.

At this point I'm thinking it has to be a bad MOBO, but I wanted to check to see if anyone else has any ideas before I return it.

Here are the parts:

MOBO: AsRock H61M-HVS
CPU: i5 3450
RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3-1333 (PC3-10600)
Case: Cooler Master TC101B with 500W PSU (I know, case PSU, but he was trying to save money)

Flunkie

Banned
Alright, I tried to follow the Enthusiast build but may have got a little carried away on some things. First time builder here (I decided to just nut up and do it), so I'd appreciate it if you guys gave it a quick look-over. Ideally, I'd like to be around the $1400 range, but I just don't know what to cut. Still have yet to add a case as well. Thank you so much.

Edit: Using for heavy gaming, USA, want at least 1080p & stable fps, blah blah. I want to be futureproof for as long as possible. As I go on, instead of upgrading a card, I might just SLI it, so that's why the huge PSU. Better safe than sorry?

Split between Newegg/NCIX as I'm trying to find the best prices.

http://i.imgur.com/T6T02.png

http://i.imgur.com/vCsF3.png

T6T02.png

vCsF3.png

MrBig

Alright, I tried to follow the Enthusiast build but may have got a little carried away on some things. First time builder here (I decided to just nut up and do it), so I'd appreciate it if you guys gave it a quick look-over. Ideally, I'd like to be around the $1400 range, but I just don't know what to cut. Still have yet to add a case as well. Thank you so much.

Split between Newegg/NCIX as I'm trying to find the best prices.

http://i.imgur.com/T6T02.png

http://i.imgur.com/vCsF3.png

680 to a 670. You lose no performance with an OC. 500-600w PSU if you don't plan to SLI, 700-800w if you do; try to stick with modular ones. Don't need the soundcard unless you have anything above the average headphones; you won't know the difference unless you need to power higher ohm headphones. 3570k and 8gb ram if you're just gaming, keep it as is if you have some actual use for it.

Pretty sure you'll be under $1400 with just the 670 and a Season 620w M12II.

Flunkie

Banned
680 to a 670. You lose no performance with an OC. 500-600w PSU if you don't plan to SLI, 700-800w if you do; try to stick with modular ones. Don't need the soundcard unless you have anything above the average headphones; you won't know the difference unless you need to power higher ohm headphones. 3570k and 8gb ram if you're just gaming, keep it as is if you have some actual use for it.

Pretty sure you'll be under $1400 with just the 670 and a Season 620w M12II.

Alright, I edited my post a little for clarity, but that's more than enough information to chew on. Thanks.

The reason source games didn't start was because of MSI Afterburner. I noticed when I exit out of afterburner DOTA 2 magically started to work with no problem.

This is my configuration:

CPU: Athlon II X3 445 3.10 GHz
Memory: 4,00 GB
Video card: Radeon 4770

I was wondering if upgrading just my video card to a GTX 670 would be enough to secure stable framerate at 60fps using a resolution of only 1360x768.

keiichi

So, my PC started making a crackling sound on boot up, I suspect its the PSU (Corsair 550W?) so I might order a replacement but then I stumbled across this thread and thought it might be fun to put together a price list.

It turned out someone like the OP (great job with that btw)

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/bhgc
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/bhgc/by_merchant/
Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/bhgc/benchmarks/

CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor ($169.99 @ Microcenter)
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($137.86 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($53.99 @ Newegg)
Hard Drive: Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($94.99 @ Newegg)
Hard Drive: Crucial M4 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($129.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 2GB Video Card ($249.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair 650W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($116.99 @ Amazon)
Optical Drive: LG GH24NS90 DVD/CD Writer ($22.98 @ Newegg)
Total: $976.78
(Prices include shipping and discounts when available.)

Might drop the SSD to get it close to the 700ish range would swapping out the graphics card for something else be the way to go?

Oh, didn't include a case yet, but will definitely get one from the OP.

xuchu

Hi there, first time builder. Here is my mid-range build, any help would be appreciated. Have I missed something that I should have or are any of the parts incompatible with each other? Also, are there any cheaper alternatives? I am mainly buying from amazon.co.uk and overclockers.co.uk

Budget: £700 + UK
Main Use: Gaming - 4/5
Emulation (PS2/Wii) - 2/3
HD Streaming - 5
General Usage (Word, Web, 1080p playback) 5
Games: BF3, Skyrim w/mods, Gtaiv w/mods, maybe diablo 3
When will you build?: Looking to build next week, however if any of the parts above are set to go down in price, I will be willing to wait.
Will you be overclocking?: No

CPU: Intel Core i5-3450 3.10GHz (Ivybridge) Socket LGA1155 Processor - Retail : £146.93
GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 560 1024MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card : £112.97
PSU: Powercool Modular 550W ATX PSU 80+ Dual 12V V2.2 : £34.95
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Blue 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit : £44.99
Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-M Intel Z77 (Socket 1155) DDR3 Motherboard : £88.99
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 1TB SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache - OEM : £69.98
SSD: Crucial RealSSD M4 64GB 2.5 SATA 6Gb/s Solid State Hard Drive : £62.99
Optical Drive: LG GH24NS90 24x DVD±RW SATA ReWriter (Black) - OEM : £16.99
Case: Zalman Z9 Plus Mid-Tower Case with Fan Controller - Black : £44.99
Total price: £623.79

Thank you for any help in advance.

Just ordered the Audioengine A2 with stands using 10% off coupon code. Hopefully the wife doesn't kick me out for this final impulse purchase.

What kind of sound can I expect from the asus p8z77 v pro?

Ceebs

So I just built a new PC and I've decided to go with a monitor over my aging 40" LCD. I found this article:

http://compreviews.about.com/od/monitors/tp/Best-27-inch-LCD-Monitors.htm

Which seems good but I wanted gaf's thoughts as well.

Thanks for any input.

Build
i7 3930K
Radeon 7970
ASUS rampage IV
32g Corsair Vengance
other stuff

If you are looking at 27" monitors, take a look at the Crossover 27Q's. They are Korean 2560X1440 IPS monitors that you can get for under 400 bucks. I absolutely love mine.

Flunkie

Banned
Sweet, so I whittled it down to this for a new gaming rig with a budget of $1400 give or take:

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K Processor 3.4 4 BX80637I53570K ($214.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V ATX LGA1155 Z77 DDR3 SLI 3PCI-E16 2PCI-E1 2PCI SATA3 DisplayPort USB3.0 Motherboard (195.99 @ NCIX)
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Blue 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM Dual Channel Memory Kit ($89.99 @ Amazon)
Graphics: EVGA GeForce GTX670 FTW 2048MB GDDR5 256bit, Dual Dual-Link DVI, HDMI, DisplayPort, 4-Way SLI Ready Graphics Card ($419.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: SAMSUNG EcoGreen F4 HD204UI 2TB 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive ($119.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold (SPG) 1000 Watts Modular Power Supply (I want this for the future) ($174.99 @ Amazon)
Optical Drive: ASUS DRW-24B1ST 24X SATA DVD Writer OEM Black ($16.99 @ NCIX)
SSD: Crucial 128 GB m4 2.5-Inch Solid State Drive SATA 6Gb/s ($119.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Antec Eleven Hundred Black Super Mid Tower Computer Case ($92.99 @ Amazon)

Total: ~$1534

I feel pretty good about this. Anything I'm forgetting?

mkenyon

Banned
Sweet, so I whittled it down to this for a new gaming rig with a budget of $1400 give or take:

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K Processor 3.4 4 BX80637I53570K
Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V ATX LGA1155 Z77 DDR3 SLI 3PCI-E16 2PCI-E1 2PCI SATA3 DisplayPort USB3.0 Motherboard
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Blue 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM Dual Channel Memory Kit
Graphics: EVGA GeForce GTX670 FTW 2048MB GDDR5 256bit, Dual Dual-Link DVI, HDMI, DisplayPort, 4-Way SLI Ready Graphics Card
Storage: SAMSUNG EcoGreen F4 HD204UI 2TB 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
Power Supply: Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold (SPG) 1000 Watts Modular Power Supply (I want this for the future)
Optical Drive: ASUS DRW-24B1ST 24X SATA DVD Writer OEM Black
SSD: Crucial 128 GB m4 2.5-Inch Solid State Drive SATA 6Gb/s
Case: Antec Eleven Hundred Black Super Mid Tower Computer Case

I feel pretty good about this. Anything I'm forgetting?
PSU is kind of silly. What's the price on it? If it's in the same range as the Seasonic X/Corsair AX750, go for that instead. 16GB of RAM is too much. 8 is already too much, but totally worth it at $50 instead of $35. When you're talking $100 vs. $50 for literally no reason, hard to justify it. Also, are you *sure* you need a DVD drive?

Hi there, first time builder. Here is my mid-range build, any help would be appreciated. Have I missed something that I should have or are any of the parts incompatible with each other? Also, are there any cheaper alternatives? I am mainly buying from amazon.co.uk and overclockers.co.uk

Budget: £700 + UK
Main Use: Gaming - 4/5
Emulation (PS2/Wii) - 2/3
HD Streaming - 5
General Usage (Word, Web, 1080p playback) 5
Games: BF3, Skyrim w/mods, Gtaiv w/mods, maybe diablo 3
When will you build?: Looking to build next week, however if any of the parts above are set to go down in price, I will be willing to wait.
Will you be overclocking?: No

CPU: Intel Core i5-3450 3.10GHz (Ivybridge) Socket LGA1155 Processor - Retail : £146.93
GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 560 1024MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card : £112.97
PSU: Powercool Modular 550W ATX PSU 80+ Dual 12V V2.2 : £34.95
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Blue 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit : £44.99
Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-M Intel Z77 (Socket 1155) DDR3 Motherboard : £88.99
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 1TB SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache - OEM : £69.98
SSD: Crucial RealSSD M4 64GB 2.5 SATA 6Gb/s Solid State Hard Drive : £62.99
Optical Drive: LG GH24NS90 24x DVD±RW SATA ReWriter (Black) - OEM : £16.99
Case: Zalman Z9 Plus Mid-Tower Case with Fan Controller - Black : £44.99
Total price: £623.79

Thank you for any help in advance.
I'd do some research on that Powercool PSU before buying. I have no idea on the reliability of it.

You want the 2500K or 3750K over a non K version. It's giving up on a ~30% linear performance increase.

560 is kind of a bad graphics card. If you need to be at that price, go for the 6870. If you can afford a bit more, go up to the 560Ti or 560Ti 448 core.

Are you *sure* you need a DVD drive?
So, my PC started making a crackling sound on boot up, I suspect its the PSU (Corsair 550W?) so I might order a replacement but then I stumbled across this thread and thought it might be fun to put together a price list.

It turned out someone like the OP (great job with that btw)

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/bhgc
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/bhgc/by_merchant/
Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/bhgc/benchmarks/

CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor ($169.99 @ Microcenter)
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($137.86 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($53.99 @ Newegg)
Hard Drive: Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($94.99 @ Newegg)
Hard Drive: Crucial M4 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($129.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 2GB Video Card ($249.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair 650W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($116.99 @ Amazon)
Optical Drive: LG GH24NS90 DVD/CD Writer ($22.98 @ Newegg)
Total: $976.78
(Prices include shipping and discounts when available.)

Might drop the SSD to get it close to the 700ish range would swapping out the graphics card for something else be the way to go?

Oh, didn't include a case yet, but will definitely get one from the OP.
7850 is a damn good deal. 560Ti would be the step down from that. Also, hold out for an SSD sale. The Samsung, Corsair Force GT, or M4 is bound to go on sale for less than $100. It happens at least once a week. Watch NCIX US, Amazon, Newegg, and this thread.

Are you *SURE* you need a DVD drive?
This is my configuration:

CPU: Athlon II X3 445 3.10 GHz
Memory: 4,00 GB
Video card: Radeon 4770

I was wondering if upgrading just my video card to a GTX 670 would be enough to secure stable framerate at 60fps using a resolution of only 1360x768.
What games at what settings? Sometimes yes, sometimes no. It depends on how much the game relies on a speedy CPU to maintain a good framerate. Unreal Engine, Civ V, SC2, and a host of other games are all very dependent on the CPU.
So I just built a new PC and I've decided to go with a monitor over my aging 40" LCD. I found this article:

http://compreviews.about.com/od/monitors/tp/Best-27-inch-LCD-Monitors.htm

Which seems good but I wanted gaf's thoughts as well.

Thanks for any input.

Build
i7 3930K
Radeon 7970
ASUS rampage IV
32g Corsair Vengance
other stuff
120hz or GTFO. Unless, is your machine aimed at multimedia? I am guessing so based on the amount of RAM and processor. If so, checkout the Crossover panel.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

The Bitfenix Shinobi XL White came in on Friday. Started a build log for those interested as well.

IirLbh.jpg

zJrahh.jpg

P5Lgzh.jpg

koiV9h.jpg

Out of curiosity, is anyone interested in a step-by-step guide on how to setup a custom water loop? Thought about doing one alongside the build log. Kind of over the top, but this is GAF. Home of dueling 4-GPU crazies like Arken and Sk3tch.

Flunkie

Banned
PSU is kind of silly. What's the price on it? If it's in the same range as the Seasonic X/Corsair AX750, go for that instead. 16GB of RAM is too much. 8 is already too much, but totally worth it at $50 instead of $35. When you're talking $100 vs. $50 for literally no reason, hard to justify it. Also, are you *sure* you need a DVD drive?

Updated with prices. $175. If I want to go SLI in the future, I want to make sure I'm not undercovered. Even with dual 680s, would what you suggested still hold up? I'll go down to 8, forgot about that. I don't really need a DVD drive, no, but it's often handy to have for older games. Also probably gonna downgrade the case as well. That Zalman Z9 looks nice.

Thank you for your help.

Whooter

Out of curiosity, is anyone interested in a step-by-step guide on how to setup a custom water loop? Thought about doing one alongside the build log. Kind of over the top, but this is GAF. Home of dueling 4-GPU crazies like Arken and Sk3tch.

I would be. I don't know a damned thing about water-cooling, but it's always fascinated me.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
That's a gorgeous case! Speaking of which, mine shipped today!
Goddam. You're really gonna get a 690? :eek:
End up going with the FT03 Mini?
I did! It's gonna be interesting trying to fit all this shit into it, lol.

n0n44m

The Bitfenix Shinobi XL White came in on Friday. Started a build log for those interested as well.

P5Lgzh.jpg

damn that is a nice looking case ... I like how the window sits flush with the side panel

my Fractal Define XL project (Build Log) is also coming along nicely, finished in a day or two I hope !

2012-07-0310.07.0915an8.jpg

really happy with how it is turning out, but I did have some quality issues with the Define XL ... quite a lot of plastic and quite wobbly without the side panels attached ... not to mention the missing or loose rivets. Nice case but for 130 euros I shouldn´t have to replace their rivets with my own right ;)

gragy10

Has anyone tried ordering one of the Crossover 27Q's from the UK?
Seriously in need of a new monitor but concerned about any problems..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom