• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I want to make videogame papercraft!!

After four years without a printer, I finally picked one up this weekend. Yay! I want to print out extraordinarily complex papercraft of my favorite videogame characters and assemble them over the course of several grueling hours! Any suggestions or links would be appreciated.

I already found some ICO papercraft and Shin Megami Tensei's Jack Frost. I know there's an MGS3 Metal Gear papercraft that's complex beyond all imagination, too. Anything else out there for a printer-equipped fanboy?

Dujour

Banned
I never got that Ico one to work, weird sizes and stuff. There was this site that bjork put me onto that had these awesome Transformers ones, but I losted the link :mad:

BuddyC

Serafitia said:
I never got that Ico one to work, weird sizes and stuff. There was this site that bjork put me onto that had these awesome Transformers ones, but I losted the link :mad:
Sorry to derail, but Sera's actually posting. Any plans to return to #ga?

aerofx

penikas-op1.JPG

oh my. :D

KonVex

I hadn't seen most of these. Jack Frost looks really good, but the other models seem pretty simplistic to me.
You should definitly try both MGS papercrafts, they look much harder than they really are. :)
For the complex models you should try using 100g/qm paper (copy paper is ~72g/qm), a cutter, tweezers (to press the flaps together while the glue is hardening) and paper glue.

Here are my papercrafts:
Blue Falcon
Arwing

I will probably finish my Gundam Freedom model in the next week.

If you have questions, feel free to ask! :)

Dujour

Banned
hah, nice avatar, Buds. Yeah, I've been there for a while, but I don't see you. Chatting it up with the late, late night crew. It's been too long. :,)

hell yes, that's it bjork. Printing them at the school library > things.

aku:jiki

This just won't help at all, but Sony has Saru buses somewhere in the "PS Land" part of the site. Since they rearranged their whole site recently I don't still have the URL, though. :(

And Namco has a Klonoa model somewhere too. No idea on URL there either.

But at least now you know that they exist!

AniHawk

I made a paper Gamecube back in 2000 or 2001 when PGC posted a litte guide on how to do it. Became a place for the cash I was saving to buy it in November.

hirokazu

i attempted to make the Metal Gear Rex one, didn't get very far though, i'll try again sometime but print it on bigger paper, A4 was too small to mess with the tiny tabs.

BuddyC

Serafitia said:
hah, nice avatar, Buds. Yeah, I've been there for a while, but I don't see you. Chatting it up with the late, late night crew. It's been too long. :,)
:O

I don't know how I've missed you then. Guess I'll start crashing #ga more often.

JackFrost2012 said:
I already found some ICO papercraft and Shin Megami Tensei's Jack Frost. I know there's an MGS3 Metal Gear papercraft that's complex beyond all imagination, too. Anything else out there for a printer-equipped fanboy?

I can't remember if I posted about those SMT papercrafts here or not. They're pretty cool, although the Jack Frost is far better than the others they have on the site lol.

KonVex

JackFrost2012 said:
can anyone recommend a good thickness of cardstock?

Try 100g/qm - 120g/qm. Copy/Printer paper is usually ~72g/qm and should only be used for small models. If you take more than 120g/qm, the glue will dampen the paper and seperate it into several layers (like a tissue).

AfroLuffy

Here's a cool site for some simple papercrafts; seriously, if i can successfully make them, anyone can. Featured within: Luffy, Usopp, Sanji, Domokun, Catbus, etc :D

Oohhh! I have to buy some cardstock those arcade ones look just too cool!! heavy, your dollhouse arcade kicks ass! Not video game related really, but does any one know of a Tare Panda papercraft? Ive found an orgami Tare, but thats not quite what Im after. He's probably too soft and round to be a papercraft. But if anyone knows of one Id be eternally grateful!

I made two of the Yamaha motorcycle models. They look great when it's done. The wheels are a bit hard to do though. And make sure you use heavy stock paper when making some of these papercrafts; it seems much easier to fold and it holds itself pretty nicely.

Top Bottom