• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iDOLM@STER ONE FOR ALL | OT | It's a M@STERPIECE

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Doesn't AmiAmi have trouble sending controllers due to the battery? I wanted the Chihaya one, but didn't get it because of that.

They're wired so I don't think there's a battery in them. The one I have is anyway but the OP ones look the same.

CrovaxPSO

Doesn't AmiAmi have trouble sending controllers due to the battery? I wanted the Chihaya one, but didn't get it because of that.

Yeah, I see it happening too. The the full version seemed like an eternity.

The laws regarding lithium batteries changed early last year. I have heard that Amiami can still be troublesome about it, so emailing them to ask about the new laws could help.

Josephl64

depends on the country, for most it's fine now which is why I got my 3ds then since I didn't want to bother with the hassle of getting a replacement

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
They're wired so I don't think there's a battery in them. The one I have is anyway but the OP ones look the same.

The laws regarding lithium batteries changed early last year. I have heard that Amiami can still be troublesome about it, so emailing them to ask about the new laws could help.

depends on the country, for most it's fine now which is why I got my 3ds then since I didn't want to bother with the hassle of getting a replacement

Damn, I didn't know that.....

I really regret not ordering it now
and Love Plus Manaka 3DS LL

CrovaxPSO

Damn, I didn't know that.....

I really regret not ordering it now
and Love Plus Manaka 3DS LL

The Love Plus 3DS sets are pretty heavily discounted on Amazon.co.jp right now, $100 or more depending on which set. You could use Tenso or a similar service to get it, but EMS shipping will be a bit expensive.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu

Damn, consider me jealous.

The Love Plus 3DS sets are pretty heavily discounted on Amazon.co.jp right now, $100 or more depending on which set. You could use Tenso or a similar service to get it, but EMS shipping will be a bit expensive.

Ooooh, nice. Manaka seems to be the most expensive though. I know what I am buying in the near future. Thanks for telling me!

Rhapsody

Banned
What's wrong with the controls in gravure for you?

In g4u, the O and X buttons stacked. In games like imas2, O and X swapped depending on your PS3's region.
In g4u, it seemed like the programming didn't completely swap it, so it'd try to confirm and cancel in a button press on some menus.

This is for the g4u on the imas channel though, so I don't know if the standalone games were like this. g4u wouldn't let me exit out back to the imas channel because of this while the Shiny TV part was normal for me.

Edit: Oops, on my old post, I meant the error was just for the G4U part of the imas channel. Don't know why I put shiny tv.

Cess007

I'm only familiar with Yukiho, Hibiki and Haruka due accidentally read one of the (many) Idolmaster manga. But i've been curious about this games for a while; any of these games has ever made it to the west?

I'm only familiar with Yukiho, Hibiki and Haruka due accidentally read one of the (many) Idolmaster manga. But i've been curious about this games for a while; any of these games has ever made it to the west?

no, but some PSP games were fan-translated. There's also the anime which is surprisingly good.

Rhapsody

Banned

Just the Shiny Festa rhythm games for iOS I think. But none of the real ones made it.

Josephl64

Damn, consider me jealous.

Ooooh, nice. Manaka seems to be the most expensive though. I know what I am buying in the near future. Thanks for telling me!

I also find it helpful that Rinko is usually the cheapest/least popular whenever I look around for stuff. Might by a figurine of her or 2~

No videos of DREAM yet? That's my FAVORITE im@s song ever.

I want to see it too, also I find it kind of sad that if "Go My Way" was $5 DLC...I would buy it

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Just for shits and giggles, the really should have a DLC pack where they just replace all the idols with Puchis.

wzDs15T.gif

StayDead

Made myself a new temp avatar until I can make a better one tomorrow. I'm happy people are getting caught up in the hype <3

EDIT: It's 2:20AM but I made a better one anyway.

DiGiKerot

Guess I'll be the Ritsuko fan of the thread.

I had taken this next couple of days off work, fully intent to grab the PSN download version of the game to play non-stop whilst I waited for my hard copy to make it's way through UK customs about a month later.

But apparently I'm now going to a US anime convention to see WUG. Whoops, guess I'll check back in on Tuesday!

(It's nice to see that this thread is already more active than the iM@S2 one was at launch, but I guess that's what a TV anime will do for your popularity!)

Josephl64

I had taken this next couple of days off work, fully intent to grab the PSN download version of the game to play non-stop whilst I waited for my hard copy to make it's way through UK customs about a month later.

But apparently I'm now going to a US anime convention to see WUG. Whoops, guess I'll check back in on Tuesday!

(It's nice to see that this thread is already more active than the iM@S2 one was at launch, but I guess that's what a TV anime will do for your popularity!)

wake up, girls! is at a con?

DiGiKerot

wake up, girls! is at a con?

Yup - they're at ACEN in Chicago this weekend, with Yamakan in two and everything.

(To add even more nerd value, I'm presently posting from the cafe of the hotel the girls stayed at in the K-On movie. I'm such an irredeemable nerd...)

Josephl64

Yup - they're at ACEN in Chicago this weekend, with Yamakan in two and everything.

so jealous, I even have the blu-ray movie...oh well, hopefully when they make a 2nd season and if they come over to the US again, I can see them

(guessing that chance is almost 0 of them coming over again)

I'm in...but probably after Watch Dogs and Mario Kart. Hard to believe it's been over 7 years since the first 360 release. Still have that LE lying about!

Anyway, I'll be reunited with Makoto soon enough :3

Remind me never to use FedEx again, they didn't bother to pick the parcel up from CDJapan all of yesterday so now the delivery estimate is Monday, well past the "1-3 day delivery". Well, I bought a bunch of the DLC already and will just have to watch a bunch of OFA streams over the weekend instead.

Too late, already parked that position :p
Also Ritsuko is the best waifu, anyone who says otherwise is wrong.

StayDead

Was there any official reason why these games are not localized?

I don't think there was ever really an official reason, but I'd imagine it's down to two things. A seeming lack of interest for a game like this outside of Japan and two the fact it'd cost quite a lot of money to localise. If you kept Japanese audio for the songs they'd have to pay out to use them again and also there's a hell of a lot of text.

qVBGCSU.gif

I would import one of these if they made a straight up rhythm game.

Chihaya is the bestest, but only because Asami Imai's voice is incredible.

Peace out.

StayDead

I couldn't think of a better place to post this but the iDOLM@STER Movie Bluray/DVD regular and special editions are now up for preorder on amiami and other places. Threw down a preorder for the limited pressing without the amiami bonus myself.

m0t0k1

I couldn't think of a better place to post this but the iDOLM@STER Movie Bluray/DVD regular and special editions are now up for preorder on amiami and other places. Threw down a preorder for the limited pressing without the amiami bonus myself.

Why do we have to wait till october ;_; was expecting an summer release because by the look of the trailer the movie looked pretty summer oriented.

Varion

Remind me never to use FedEx again, they didn't bother to pick the parcel up from CDJapan all of yesterday so now the delivery estimate is Monday, well past the "1-3 day delivery". Well, I bought a bunch of the DLC already and will just have to watch a bunch of OFA streams over the weekend instead.
I've used them loads for games and stuff (through Play-Asia though) and they've always delivered the friday after release...except this time. Estimated delivery monday here too.

The temptation to buy it off PSN is there, but considering I paid out for FedEx on my retail copy and the fact I've just thrown down 13940 yen inc. shipping preordering the movie, that would be a pretty terrible idea for my wallet.

m0t0k1

I found the stats of all idols:

Dance visual vocal total

Haruka: 16 18 22 56
Miki: 17 26 20 63
Hibiki: 24 18 20 62
Azusa: 16 22 19 57
Ami: 20 16 14 50
Mami: 20 16 14 50
Takane: 17 21 22 60
Ritsuko: 23 19 26 68
Chihaya: 21 20 30 71
Makoto: 23 20 19 62
Yukiho: 14 21 17 52
Iori: 23 25 19 67
Yayoi: 19 14 16 49

I am sorry Astarte you did not have much luck with the stats of your idol :(
Also Chihaya and Ritsuko confirmed top tier. But Miki Miki is still my favorite and the visual queen also here dance is to low :D

m0t0k1

I've never played the series before, do you guys think this would be a good point to jump in?

If you understand japanese i think this promises to be the best one yet. Finally you can produce all the idols and dont need to buy 3 versions for it. We don't know if this is the best for sure because this game released today. Beware if you want everything this game is going to be expansive dlc costs a ton.

it's out ? i still have stuff to do in idolmaster 2.

Guess it's time to buy another JPN PSN card ...

My shiny festa game updated with OFA so i guess you can buy it now. I believe it was 7600 yen in the psn store but i am not sure.

Also when you get the movie you can get a life size cutboard of your favorite idol with it. hopefully you got 15.000 yen to spare
imas_POP_top2.png

https://www.aniplexplus.com/VUAVAVsU

Gbraga

Do I lose some story progression depending on who I make the leader of my group? I feel like Miki at the center with Makoto and Hibiki supporting her would be the best looking formation for this trio, but judging from first impressions, Makoto is my favorite. If I lose story bits with her, then I don't care, she'll be the leader.

I don't think there was ever really an official reason, but I'd imagine it's down to two things. A seeming lack of interest for a game like this outside of Japan and two the fact it'd cost quite a lot of money to localise. If you kept Japanese audio for the songs they'd have to pay out to use them again and also there's a hell of a lot of text.

qVBGCSU.gif

Namco pls :/

Apparently the aniplex site has a a special edition of the movie. One for each idol where you can get a lifesized cardboard cut out of them like at the theaters lol

Edit: My friend got his game and controller https://twitter.com/Reyes_Mahou/status/466885796356558848

The controller looks different than I thought it would.

This looks a lot better than I expected.

kirby2096

There's 2 versions up, one for (all) the standalone digital download, and one that seems to connect to the imas channel.

Both are the same price, so what are the perks of getting the imas channel version?

Varion

There's 2 versions up, one for (all) the standalone digital download, and one that seems to connect to the imas channel.

Both are the same price, so what are the perks of getting the imas channel version?
Only difference is you start one up from the Imas channel and one up from the XMB. If you get one you can get the other for free though.

Top Bottom