• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN being Accused of Tampering With GOTY Vote

nani17

are in a big trouble

GYPvZtcakAAJ0jo

It's now
  1. Elden Ring
  2. FF VII
  3. Black Myth: Wukong
Check the poll

Last edited:

cireza

The number of votes can rise while the percentage falls. Because other games are getting more votes bellow the first 3 places, so it is diluting the total number of votes for Wu Kong as a whole.

Unless we have the total votes figure, all games included, we can't say that data is being manipulated. And I don't see this number in the screens.

Last edited:

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
The number of votes can rise while the percentage falls. Because other games are getting more votes bellow the first 3 places, so it is diluting the total number of votes for Wu Kong as a whole.

Unless we have the total votes figure, all games included, we can't say that data is being manipulated. And I don't see this number in the screens.
The suspicious part is that the # of duels for Wukong increased by ~44,000 in that time period, while the # of duels for FF7 only increased by ~1,200

I don’t really know how their system works but that seems fishy.

Cyberpunkd

Within 1 hour a game drops from 90% to 75%? With second place almost flat? 80/20 principle applies all the time.

Doggyred

Neo Member
Even if the vote count wasn’t being manipulated, winning wouldn’t mean much since voters aren’t considering the game’s quality and are likely voting just to spite IGN. While BMW is a good game, it doesn’t deserve to win over Rebirth or Erdtree

Wait until you guys realize all GOTY awards from publications are manipulated, including Geoff's show lmao, but please do keep reading and promoting reviews from these sites, they'll def change for better. Keep buying based on their scores guys.

Top Bottom