• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN being Accused of Tampering With GOTY Vote

FunkMiller

Unimpressed Spongebob Squarepants GIF

Isn't it like this every year? Their polls just doesn't have any vote cheating protection.
I assume every site can do it and it's why I'd never care about the results. And do people really want a Top-Ten list voted by the people? I feel we'll be missing a lot of great games if you let that go on.

Heck, Rotten Tomatoes manipulates their scores all the time and everyone trust them for some reason. It's just par for the course.

MarkMe2525

Gold Member
He says 5am but doesn't tell us what time zone, which kind of matters a lot. If it's western time zone, the majority of Americans are going to be up and Adam. This also assums that this number is calculated and updated in real time. Looking at the number of votes, it seems in line with what would happen if a bunch of users consistently voted for the other game in a head to head match up. I'm going to need more evidence beyond "I don't agree with how this vote is turning out" or "this vote is shifting more than I expected". In America, we heard these same excuses when.... well, you can use inference to figure out what I was going to say.

In saying that, do I put it past a media outlet to do something like what was asserted, absolutely not. But these claims are not supported by anything close to convincing.

Top Bottom