• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN - In Defence of Alien: Isolation

Astray

I miss this series so much, understand they just didn't have the heart for it anymore, but was always fun to see their takes.
Jack still does things for Second Wind, but it's the chemistry with Rich that made it special.

(I also think the RLM formula doesn't entirely work on gaming, it needed more tinkering tbh).

XXL

I will never forgive the person at IGN who gave Alien Isolation a 5.9
Mark Cuban No GIF

Especially when taking into account the IGN scale of reviewing things.

You think you want that but you don’t. If IGN goes under so would most other sites like it. And while ign reviews suck, they do get good early footage and interviews with devs.

Because the alternative to ign is then shill YouTubers and twitch streamers being your only means to learn about games you may or may not like… and that’s a whole lot fucking worse.

You think the journalist mode meme is bad? Imagine every game needing an asmongold mode because the guy is a full blown retard playing games.
Yeah i do want that. They have no integrity. I also think you watch the wrong YouTube channels. Also the ones without integrity. Plenty of shit on YouTube and the Internet as a whole, but some good channels too, and not always the most watched ones.

They problem is that people keep clicking on bad channels and sites and thus keep them growing and in business.

Last edited:
Top Bottom