• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN posted some of the results of G-Phoria

Odysseus

Banned
The show is going to air on August 6 on G4.

I don't know how many awards there were, but these are at least some of them..

Best Racing Game: Need For Speed Underground
Hottest Character: Rikku (FFX-2)
Favorite Character: Ryu Hyabusa (Ninja Gaiden)
Alt Sports Award: Tony Hawk Underground
Best Innovation: Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow
Best New Franchise: Viewtiful Joe
Game of the Year: Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic

http://cube.ign.com/articles/534/534943p1.html

Old?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Rikku is ugly. NO ASS

Who really cares anyway, the whole thing is just a fanboy contest

AniHawk

While I don't agree with their GotY, it was the best from what they had of the nominees (to my knowledge), and my GotY for Xbox.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Wow, apparantly Tommy Tallarico is performing the final music act in the show...haha.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I guess that's one good thing to come out of this show. Hopefully PS2 sales will pick up!

Browsing their forum on g4techtv, I find it funny that the people on the forum hate the show too. You'd think G4 would get it right the 2nd time

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
what kind of award show gives out awards based solely on the opinions of retard forum posters?

oh yeah, video game award shows.

Senretsu

They were showing last years G-Phoria today, I didn't have G4 back then so I was trying to watch it for the cosplay part I heard so much about. It was kind of embarrasing to watch, though some parts were done ok.

Anyway it seemed like a whole 2 hour commercial to get you into EBgames. "Dont forget, you can get the winners at EB!" Game award shows shouldn't exist, or the format should be changed, or the format should be changed.....or....the format should be changed. I'll might be tuning in next week to see if they've improved, but its sounding really stupid ATM.

sp0rsk said:
what kind of award show gives out awards based solely on the opinions of retard forum posters?

oh yeah, video game award shows.
no kidding.

if the academy did their awards show the same way, lord of the rings would've won in every category it was nominated.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/08/02/news_6103870.html

Throw in playable versions of Half-Life 2, Counter-Strike: Source, and Halo 2--plus other titles from Nintendo, Konami, and Sony--and pretty soon the show Electra dubbed the "Video Game Oscars," ended up feeling a lot like a latter-day (and slightly more intimate) E3 for a thousand industry insiders.

While the overall production was a marked improvement over last year's inaugural awards, the show still suffered from numerous technical delays--with some obvious fallout. After it was announced that rapper Jadakiss would have to re-perform his entire song due to a technical glitch, a noticeable portion of the audience quickly exited the auditorium--and most didn't come back.

lol

The audience was filled with game developers from all corners of the world--but few got screen time, with the notable exception of Epic's Cliff Bleszinki and Metal Gear Solid visionary Hideo Kojima, who was presented with a special achievement award by Spider-Man creator Stan Lee.

What is Kojima doing at an awards show like this?! At least he got an award

ManaByte

Gold Member
sp0rsk said:
yeah spy vs spy in 3d is teh innovation.

Was there another console game where the online multiplayer had one side playing a FPS game and the other side in third person stealth?

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
ManaByte said:
Was there another console game where the online multiplayer had one side playing a FPS game and the other side in third person stealth?

im sorry, i fail to see the innovation here.

Top Bottom