• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN's website. Sooo ugly.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Guys...why does IGN's website look so crappy on Firefox? Text is just unreadable, very clustery and overlapping each other. Even the "insider" section looks screwed up now. Does it look this way for IE users? Is there anything I can do in my Firefox settings to make the text legible? Or will I be forced to use IE for that site?

Arcticfox

When they first changed format it looked horrible in Firefox, but they fixed all the problems as far as I can tell since the site looks the same in both Firefox and IE for me now.

Warrior

Banned
I don't know what happened to IGN or GS, but both those sites are just over-bloated. I wish they would offer a “plain” version of their sites. :)

shpankey

not an idiot
drop Firefox and go get the greatest browser ever from www.maxthon.com

i am not kidding, i use to love firefox until i found maxthon, it kicks the shit out of everything, fastest most compatible and feature rich browser ever (it uses IE 6 as it's core but has better security). it's got tabbed browsing, popup blocking and the works yet it's streamlined and easy to use and configure. just amazing browser, amazing.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Scrow said:
that does help to some extent, but it doesn't fix already cluttered design.

Exactly.

For those of you using IE, is the text all fucked up on your screen?

MarkRyan

Sam Houser fucked my wife
I use Mozilla and Firefox and view the site fine, from multiple computers. What problems exactly are you having? Can you take a screenshot?

The sites work fine for me (other than the intrusive ads, annoying flash problem with the main story, and clunky download system).

Kon Tiki

Banned
MarkRyan-IGN said:
I use Mozilla and Firefox and view the site fine, from multiple computers. What problems exactly are you having? Can you take a screenshot?
Big empty pages are annoying.

ign.jpg

MarkRyan

Society said:

ign.jpg
Never seen that ever, even when IGN first switched designs and actually did have some issues with Mozilla/Firefox/Safari/anything not MSIE. As far as I know, there are no longer any Mozilla/Firefox issues.

If things look totally off, it's possible that your browser isn't reading the CSS correctly or is completely blocking content from one of the servers that images/content/ads comes from.

Desperado

Society said:

ign.jpg

That's one of their obligatory full-page ads that show up every few pages. apparently since you have the ads blocked it just shows up as a blank page.

isamu

MarkRyan-IGN said:

is it supposed to look like this?

EyeGeeN.jpg

Arcticfox

Crazymoogle said:
Hold down CTRL and scroll with the mouse wheel - that will adjust the browser font size dynamically.
You can also hold down CTRL and hit + or - to change the font size if you happen to have an old mouse without a wheel, and CTRL-0 changes it back to your default setting.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
ign.jpg

I should probably just block the stupid Flash on the front page, but then I might miss news. Why they used Flash is beyond me. Flash should never be used for standard navigation on a website. I can't even create new tabs in Firefox when I click on the main story.

Jonnyram

Scrow said:
I should probably just block the stupid Flash on the front page, but then I might miss news. Why they used Flash is beyond me. Flash should never be used for standard navigation on a website. I can't even create new tabs in Firefox when I click on the main story.
Don't go to 1up or you'll have a seizure :)

Meier

Even though I have an Insider subscription, the only time I actively go to IGN is if I'm linked to a video on here... and I cant play their videos in Firefox so I have to use the Open Link in IE extension as a workaround.

MarkRyan

Meier said:
Even though I have an Insider subscription, the only time I actively go to IGN is if I'm linked to a video on here... and I cant play their videos in Firefox so I have to use the Open Link in IE extension as a workaround.
Even the QuickTimes? Media Player's plugin causes problems for me in Mozilla, but Quicktime works perfectly fine (and is always better quality anyway).

Meier

MarkRyan-IGN said:
Even the QuickTimes? Media Player's plugin causes problems for me in Mozilla, but Quicktime works perfectly fine (and is always better quality anyway).

Yeah the QuickTimes never work for me.

MarkRyan

Meier said:
Yeah the QuickTimes never work for me.
Might try updating your QuickTime browser plugins (there are separate ones for Mozilla/Firefox). I've never had problems running IGN's QuickTimes in Moz.

Top Bottom