• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Illiterate PR] Infamous Video Game Hacker Mortland Calls It Quits

Flynn

2 years ago an unidentified hacker (now known as Mortland) caused over $16,000 thousand dollars in damage and financle loss to Sonic Team, developers to the hit video game Phantasy Star Online. The attack was web based and downed the developer’s server for 3 days. It was later discovered that it was in retaliation to a disagreement between the company and Mortland pertaining to the recognition of September 11th victims. “It was when the company said, “Were not in the business of grieving and making holidays” that I decided to down there servers” said 17 year old Mortland in a statement to a local newspaper on September 11th 2002.

Now at 19 and finishing up his schooling in Boise Idaho from studying Nursing, he has decided to enjoy the finer things in life. “I was always hating everyone, I was sick of everyone. But now I have simply decided to ignore them all and divorce my self from the human race. It worked out really well.”

From PR Web

Mortland should fire his publicist.

Teddman

Now at 19 and finishing up his schooling in Boise Idaho from studying Nursing, he has decided to enjoy the finer things in life.
So this Morland hacker is a male nurse, of all things?

Shenanigans.

Sho Nuff

Banned
2 years ago an unidentified hacker (now known as Mortland) caused over $16,000
//Change 2 to "two"

thousand dollars in damage and financle loss to Sonic Team, developers to the hit video
// "dollars" is not needed. Delete. Spellfix "financial". Change to --> of.

game Phantasy Star Online. The attack was web based and downed the developer’s
//hyphenate web-based.

server for 3 days. It was later discovered that it was in retaliation to a disagreement
between the company and Mortland pertaining to the recognition of September 11th victims. “It was when the company said, “Were not in the business of grieving and making
//change to
//"It was when the company said 'We're not in the business of grieving and making holidays' that I decided to down their servers,"
//note spellfix "their" and punctuation.

holidays” that I decided to down there servers” said 17 year old Mortland in a statement
//hyphenate 17-year-old.

to a local newspaper on September 11th 2002.
//see me after class.

It was later discovered that it was in retaliation to a disagreement between the company and Mortland pertaining to the recognition of September 11th victims. “It was when the company said, “Were not in the business of grieving and making holidays” that I decided to down there servers” said 17 year old Mortland in a statement to a local newspaper on September 11th 2002.
So they refused to acknowledge the anniversary of September 11 on their company sites or game servers, and so he decided to take them down himself?

Flynn

JoshuaJSlone said:
So they refused to acknowledge the anniversary of September 11 on their company sites or game servers, and so he decided to take them down himself?

Yes, he's a true patriot.

tenchir

Flynn said:
"So they refused to acknowledge the anniversary of September 11 on their company sites or game servers, and so he decided to take them down himself?"

Yes, he's a true patriot.

Ironically, isn't he commiting something similar to terrorism?

EmSeta

20020722l.gif

I feel aqward.. very almost liberated in a small abcense of authority. I Do feel like im 15 again. i just dont give a shit about what people think anymore.
Mortland should fire his publicist.

Random quote from his blog. Apparently was listening to Korn has he wrote those words btw.

belgurdo

Banned
"THEY WOULDNT PUT 2MB .GIFS OF FLYING AMERICAN FLAGS (911 NEVAR FORGET) ON DER WEBPAGE SO I SHUTS DEM DOWN R U PROUD UV ME????"

Too bad he didn't divorce himself from living too

Top Bottom