• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I'm an idiot. Computers. UT2K4 - Minimum Requirements?

Blinky

I realise this relatively easy information to find. But I really have no clue about video cards and graphics cards and all that neat stuff. All I know is my computer has a Pentium 4 and a GeForce2...can that run UT2K4, if not, what would I need to buy to be able to run it?

Thankies.

Windows 98 or higher (Linux not supported by Atari)
Processor: Pentium III 1 Ghz or AMD Athalon 1 GHz or higher (1.2 recommended)
Memory: 128 MB (256 MB recommended)
Hard Disk Space: 5.5 GB
CD-Rom: 8x Speed
Video: 32 MB Windows compatable video card (64 MB GeForce 2 or Radeon Hardware T&L card recommended)
Sound: Windows compatable sound card
Direct X: 9.0b or higher
Mulit: 33.6 kbps or higher

Just typed this up off my box. The game scales down very well. You should be fine according to this.

from the box

CPU: pentium or AMD 1ghz
Memory: 128mb ram on win98 & 256mb ram on xp
HDD space: 5.5gb
DVD-Rom: 8x (dvd version obviously)
Audio System: windows directx9.0 compatible sound card
Video System: Radeon 8000 or Superior or Geforce 2 or superior, 64mb of video ram or superior

Blinky

Sorry about the double post. But I got the demo and it runs great. So I went into a game, and it gave me all this schtuff about destroying nodes. So I searched around and NO ONE was doing a plain old Deathmatch.

So my question is, are there a lot of Deathmatch matches online or have they all converted to capture the flag and kill the node? o_O;

Shoryuken

Blinky said:
Sorry about the double post. But I got the demo and it runs great. So I went into a game, and it gave me all this schtuff about destroying nodes. So I searched around and NO ONE was doing a plain old Deathmatch.

So my question is, are there a lot of Deathmatch matches online or have they all converted to capture the flag and kill the node? o_O;

Where did you find the demo?

mattx5

There's plenty of Deathmatch servers in the full game, so don't worry about that, though the most popular gameplay mode would have to be Onslaught, which is probably what you played. It involves protecting your power core and capturing bases (nodes). It's a shitload of fun.

Yea I just picked this game up after downloading the demo. It is hands-down the most fun I've had playing a PC shooter since I stopped playing DoD. Onslaught is such a cool mode, and the vehicles add so much to the game. At the same time, everything is well balanced, a guy on foot with some skill can take out most of the vehicles pretty easily.

Dilbert

Yes, there are some good Deathmatch servers for the full game. Competition is frantic as always. ;)

I haven't played much Onslaught or Assault...when I start playing those modes, it will feel like a new game all over again!

Blinky

Shoryuken said:
Where did you find the demo?

It's a bitch. Because whenever for click anywhere in the official site it just sends you to atari.com. I just looked at what url it was supposed to send me to and typed it in.

gohepcat

Banned
Blinky said:
It's a bitch. Because whenever for click anywhere in the official site it just sends you to atari.com. I just looked at what url it was supposed to send me to and typed it in.
Yea Something is wrong with Unreal.com today

Top Bottom