• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Im officially old... 50 years old today!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Happy birthday DeafTourette DeafTourette

Happy Cat GIF by Salih Kizilkaya

I had no idea you were already part of middle-aged gaf, I thought you were younger. Which begs the question: is it better to have a young mind in an old body or vice versa?
I often feel like both are connected to be honest. Unless you have health issues of course.
If you have a young mind it will reflect on your body.

Last edited:

Trogdor1123

Enjoy your day Duder! You only turn 50 once… thankfully!

A great way to look at being 50 is that the candles now cost more than your cake.

Are you going to try and get a seniors discount somewhere? My Dad was so excited he got his first one.

Mobilemofo

Reading this as a 36 year old is refreshing since most people around me is younger lmao.
Yeah. I get that. I noticed in my late 30s that every fucker around me was younger and found it quite annoying 😅, but then I adopted the "Yoda" approach. I have alot of life experience, it turns out I know alot of stuff, so can help people with stuff they don't know and actually helps. I am enjoying my elder(ISH) role. Turns out I quite like myself. 😅 Good for the soul I'd imagine.

Yeah. I get that. I noticed in my late 30s that every fucker around me was younger and found it quite annoying 😅, but then I adopted the "Yoda" approach. I have alot of life experience, it turns out I know alot of stuff, so can help people with stuff they don't know and actually helps. I am enjoying my elder(ISH) role. Turns out I quite like myself. 😅 Good for the soul I'd imagine.
I'm still 36 so i'm still in my mid 30's...let's start there
0a97f681-afb1-4463-a61c-a35ec6ca8537_text.gif

That said, a lot of younger people do run to me for advices that turn out to be helpful so i'm doing something right, lmao.

Pagusas

Elden Member
When you hit 65 you get shadowbanned. You can see your own posts but nobody else does, so you get the sensation of being a part of the community without actually bothering anyone with your senile takes.
...that's the most sensible idea I've heard in a long time. Could you please run for politics?

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Happy birthday ya old fart!

Old Man Smile GIF by F*CK, THAT'S DELICIOUS

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Happy 50th! You've now crossed the event horizon, locked inexorably to spiral into the ever-widening gyre of encroaching desiccation!

(I turn 50 on November 11th, I'm right here with ya)

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
I've been trying to upload my selfies but they just won't. No matter how small I make the file. *pulls out hair*

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I've been trying to upload my selfies but they just won't. No matter how small I make the file. *pulls out hair*
Didn't anyone tell you? Once you hit 50, technology no longer works for you. You have to find a young person who can do what you want them to and it will take them 5 seconds or less, and you're obligated to be sad about it.

Mobilemofo

I can't pass through 2 a.m. that I'm fucked next day, and I'm also too young to laugh at dad jokes

Fun-limbo
Sad Am Fine GIF by MOODMAN
Proper purgatory. Although I'm 48, I'm very much with the program. Decades gamer, mobile, photography enthusiast since 2001, was there all through the W.A.P. / XHTML internet phase, smartphones becoming popular blah blah. I am a modern guy. 😅

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Piece of shit Earthday recipient. I also share an august birthday. Son of a bitches are born everyday and son of bitch

I have spoken and son of a bitch to you!

If you're looking for a gaming pal, I'm on PC and chat.

Last edited:
Top Bottom