• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

In-N-Out Burgers not coming east. Steak N Shake still secretly the best.

Aurongel

The article says their expansion to Houston is new for Texas yet there are a few In-N-Outs near me in Austin.

It's amazing that this town has Whataburger, Fuddruckers, Five Guys, Shake Shack and INO. It feels like I entered the cheat code to unlock all burger restaurants.

molnizzle

Anyone shitting on In-N-Out has never ordered a cheeseburger animal style.

Shit is a game-changer. A truly transcendent burger experience.

SpecX

I guess I'm never moving from a nearby In-N-Out then. They are a great drunk stop for my buddy and I before we get home. 4x4 with whole grilled onions and regular onions. Best damn burger when I get that combination.

JLG-

And Fatburger, Elevation Burger, Smashburger, Steak and Shake, Habit, Umami, BGR, Bobby's Place, Cheeburger Cheeburger, BurgerFI, etc etc etc. I think we'll be just fine. In N Out knows they missed their opportunity. They wouldnt be able to live up to the hype with all of the options here.

You do realize we have almost all of those places you listed on the west coast as well...and a shit load of other burger spots.

I don't get the bible verse complaints. They literally couldn't be any less intrusive. I always forget they're there till someone brings it up. Pretty harmless stuff, especially when compared to the gross crap places like Chic Fil a pull with their politics and cash.

The article says their expansion to Houston is new for Texas yet there are a few In-N-Outs near me in Austin.

It's amazing that this town has Whataburger, Fuddruckers, Five Guys, Shake Shack and INO. It feels like I entered the cheat code to unlock all burger restaurants.

This article is about how far EAST In-N-Out will go. Houston is further east than Austin, San Antonio, and Dallas. The Houston locations will be the most eastern restaurants in the franchise

I mean it seems pretty good for what you pay for. Don't see the appeal that much to expand to the east coast, though. We have plenty of good shit.

I would like to try them but it's not like I'm starved for burger options. Five Guys, Burger Fi, and in a pinch Wendy's. There's a Smashburger near where I am now, so I have to go try that sometime.

Now that looks good. Too bad it seems there are none in OH or GA. :(

TL21xx

Banned

Texan here, can confirm. I didn't care much for In-N-Out the first time I had it, and it's primarily because it wasn't Animal Style. (It was also late at night in Dallas back when the chain had just opened up here, before they got the quality more consistent out here. FYI, they still aren't as good as the ones in Cali, but are a whole lot closer than back in the day)

I may bleed Orange and White when it comes to my fast food chains, but In-N-Out has quickly become my number 2 to-go burger joint.

I was so hyped during my trip to California to finally taste this supposedly delicious burger...

That was the worst burger I've ever had in my life and I was under the influence. If food doesn't taste good then it's actually disgusting.

I was disappointed, after all the hype, when I finally went to California on business and got to order a cheeseburger animal style.

I'll never understand the Five Guys comparison. Their price points are completely different. If I wanted to pay that much money for a burger, I'd just go to a mom and pop joint or a restaurant.

SpecX

I have like 4 In-n-outs within a 10 minute drive of me right now. I'll take a Jack-in-the-box burger over In-n-out every time. Sue me.

Ew, no fucking way. I'll give Jack the upper hand with their fries and larger variety, but that's about it. Their premium burgers don't even touch In-N-Out's.

Are the people calling Five guys bland doing it wrong? I guess you dont pick toppings on them or maybe too little of em?

You havent had a bland burger if you think Five guys are bland...

Ronabo

Texas wins at food again and always. Especially fast food. It's amazing that we get In-N-Out, Shake Shack, Five Guys, Chick-Fil-A, Cane's, Chicken Express, Popeye's, KFC, AND Whataburger.

Yea I noticed that when I visited Austin a couple years ago. I thought I could live in this place.

norm9

I'll never understand the Five Guys comparison. Their price points are completely different. If I wanted to pay that much money for a burger, I'd just go to a mom and pop joint or a restaurant.

They'll keep changing the parameters. Soon someone will mention a truffle burger with foie gras is better than In n Out.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
oh long term In-N-Out will definitely hit the East Coast, but probably in Florida.

they have plenty of new ground to saturate for their newest distribution centers before moving further east tho

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Triggered.

If you can't tell the difference between a reheated frozen burger that's been sitting around for 10 min before you even order it, and a fresh in n out burger that's made to order, there is no hope for you.

Even ignoring quality and taste, the Double Double is noticeably bigger and has 50% more calories.

Hazmat

In-N-Out is a totally solid burger at a great price. It demolishes most of the big national chains, but pretty much everywhere has a local chain that does too so it's not really special. It's not bad, but it's not really noteworthy. If everyone only had McDonald's then In-N-Out would be the savior, but that's not the case.

And their fries are bad.

?

The Habit is not just better, it's in a different league entirely imo.

Way more expensive though (same for 5 guys or Fudruckers, but overall I'd give The Habit the edge maybe).

It's purely subjective but having had all of the ones listed in my post, I still prefer In N Out.

One of many things I miss most about living in Cali full time.

Rocketz

That's fine. I still have plenty of options here in and around Detroit which is cool. I'll hit it up next time I'm on the West Coast.

SmashBurger
BurgerFi
5 Guys
Culvers
Shake Shack
Wahlburgers
Plus local Hunter House

Mahonay

Banned
Whataburger poops all over them
Whataburger is the best trash burger I've ever had. Been there the couple times I've gone to Fort Worth.

Like, it's as fastfood as it gets, you know you're fucking yourself up real good while eating it, but god damn is it ever good.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I tried it a few months ago when I was in California and it sucked ass. So, good?

Whataburger is the best trash burger I've ever had. Been there the couple times I've gone to Fort Worth.

Like, it's as fastfood as it gets, you know you're fucking yourself up real good while eating it, but god damn is it ever good.

This is truth, even though I haven't eaten at Whataburger in a while, but that's because I stay away from fast food most of the time in general.

Cookout is terrible.

It's cheap and they have wonderful milkshakes and great chicken nuggets. The burgers have way too much of that propane flavor for my liking. I guess if you were Hank Hill they would be perfect. I still eat them though, cookout style no onions.

My favorite burger is from a local hole in the wall near me, but for fast food type places I like Checkers, Burger King, Five Guys, Burger Fi, Wendy's... And I'd probably like In-n-out too. I'm just not sad we aren't getting one, although I'd trade Jack in the box for anything. Jack in the box have the worst burgers period.

Carlisle

Yeah. That's the only way to have it that's worthwhile though. Which is kind of a cheat since it has nothing to do with the burger itself, and is only about a topping. INO standard double double is a pretty blah meal.

Five Guys though.

Tagyhag

You'll never hear anyone rave about In-N-Out's fries as they are plain because they fucking suck. You guys have to make it "animal style" to make it tolerable. That's ass.

Nah I like them plain, they taste healthier and more homemade than any other fries from fast food joint.

Top Bottom