• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Inazuma Eleven |OT| Thread of Blitzball 2.0

Oxx

The real question is whether or not the UK version will get delayed again...

And whether or not I should grab the first one, or wait for number 2.

That repor was right about the releasedates of The Last Story and Boom Street. So there's no reason to think that IE2 is not coming in January ;)

I'm still concerned. :( I can only assume they want to give IE 1 a little more breathing time in the UK before announcing the second game.

Oxx

The game has dropped in price a little bit recently on Amazon UK. A good time to buy, or a hint that they're preparing to clear out the stock?

£23.22 at the moment.

Oxx

IE now at £22.20! At this rate it will be free by Christmas!

But seriously, is it worth getting IE1 with IE2 imminent?

Ronian

Neo Member
Anyone of german GAF has played both versions (german and UK PAL?) of the first game? Which voice acting is less worse? Does the UK PAL have german text?

dallow_bg

nods at old men
So do I have to import both titles, or can I do fine with one version?
Hate the split game crap though I guess I ate it up as a child with Pokemon.

Neither version of Inazuma is multilingual and I don't remember there being a lot of voice acting that could bother you. I think only the occasional animated cutscene and the (hoooorrific) intro were actually voiced.

squall23

But seriously, is it worth getting IE1 with IE2 imminent?
It is if you care about the crazy story that involves hotblooded soccer where players summon monsters. Of course, the alternative to that would be to watch the first season of the anime.
So do I have to import both titles, or can I do fine with one version?
Hate the split game crap though I guess I ate it up as a child with Pokemon.
You'll basically do fine with 1 version but they do have some big differences:

Firestorm has more story elements on Gouenji while Blizzard has more story elements on Fubuki.
On Firestorm, the main bad guy team is Prominence while on Blizzard it's Diamond Dust.

creid

Finally started it, this Occult match really is godawful. Following all the tips in this thread, no help. The game seems to want me to have Kevin and Axel pass to each other right by the goal so that the goalie is far away from the net, but they are both rarely in the right place at the right time. I did get them in the correct position once but naturally the ball went over the goal, which is the only time that's ever happened.

Edit: Got 'em. My first few tries I could reliably score in the first half only, and in my last few I could only tie it up in the second half. In one or two of my attempts I did "follow the script" and see the debut of
the co-op special move
, but it seems like I could've won without it. Wonder if they would've played the post-game cutscene even if this was the case? Ended up winning by scoring two goals in the second half. I think this match taught me that when using a volley shot very close, do not pick max power.

Wizpig

I know we should think about the present (er, the near future actually) but i will start moaning about Inazuma 3: at this point i really hope we'll get the whole series. (they can keep the Wii game though :p)
Isn't the third one the first one with online battles?

So, speaking of 2, which one will you get?

aCkGa.jpg

I'm thinking Blue version, just like Pokémon.

There's a still unknown twist to the European release where one version is Inazuma Eleven 2 and the other version is Inazuma Eleven 3. So naturally I'll get both.

creid

I know we should think about the present (er, the near future actually) but i will start moaning about Inazuma 3: at this point i really hope we'll get the whole series. (they can keep the Wii game though :p)
Isn't the third one the first one with online battles?

So, speaking of 2, which one will you get?

aCkGa.jpg

I'm thinking Blue version, just like Pokémon.
I like Axel so maybe Fire, but I'm curious about this other cover guy so maybe Blizzard.

Wizpig

There's a still unknown twist to the European release where one version is Inazuma Eleven 2 and the other version is Inazuma Eleven 3. So naturally I'll get both.
Wtf.

As for Inazuma 3 i hope we get the "complete" version. (the third one of the third game)

Ronian

Neo Member
I like Axel so maybe Fire, but I'm curious about this other cover guy so maybe Blizzard.

The other guy is Fubuki. Dont know how they will name him in the west and make it suck :D

Hard decision to pick between Fubuki and Gouenji :/

Wizpig

any big changes in 2?
The only big change i know is in 3 with online gameplay, and i'm still not sure of that aswell.

Surely 2 will have new crazy moves and new gameplay techniques or something, but i'm thinking Inazuma is a cut/paste series much like MegaMan Battle network etc.

Not exactly a bad thing until you get tired of it... after finishing 1 i wanted more, so i can't wait for this.

Inazuma GO is not doing great on the 3DS though, and i hardly think it's the hardware's fault since it's actually selling now.

GhaleonQ

The only big change i know is in 3 with online gameplay, and i'm still not sure of that aswell.

Surely 2 will have new crazy moves and new gameplay techniques or something, but i'm thinking Inazuma is a cut/paste series much like MegaMan Battle network etc.

Not exactly a bad thing until you get tired of it... after finishing 1 i wanted more, so i can't wait for this.

Inazuma GO is not doing great on the 3DS though, and i hardly think it's the hardware's fault since it's actually selling now.

I think that more applies to 4. 2 is like Silver/Gold to 1's Red/Green/Blue, if you will, with all of the ideas getting fleshed out and trading getting proper attention. 3 expands the scope and does online. 4 does...very little and has to be 1 factor in current sales. Even the marketing said, basically, "It's more of the same, but with new people!" Hopefully, it's because they had to create a new cast and furter installments will be properly expansive.

Shiggy

The March date for both versions was already confirmed. Just the exact date wasn't.

So here's the Wiitalia article that was taken down:
[rumor] Inazuma Eleven 2: Firestorm / Blizzard il 16 marzo in Italia

di deveroos | 9 gennaio 2012 - 18:01 | Nessun commento

La fonte che svelò tempo addietro la data di uscità europea di The Last Story ha comunicato un’altra succosa notizia riguardante gli arrivi dei giochi Nintendo nel Vecchio Continente; pare infatti che il secondo capitolo della serie di gioco di ruolo calcisticio made in Level-5, Inazuma Eleven 2, arriverà sugli scaffali dei negozi italiani il 16 marzo. Le avventure di Mark Evans & co. saranno disponibili in esclusiva per DS in due versioni, denominate Firestorm e Blizzard, che differiscono principalmente per quanto riguarda il team rivale. Inoltre, trapela anche la data d’uscita di PokéPark 2: 30 marzo per il seguito delle vicende di Pikachu e compagni; Wonders Beyond, questo il sottotitolo inglese del gioco in questione, introduce molte delle creature viste in Bianco e Nero, a partire dagli starter Snivy, Tepig e Oshawott.

The source revealed that some time before the European release date of The Last Story announced another juicy news about the arrival of Nintendo games in the Old Continent, it seems that the second installment of the series of role-playing calcisticio made ​​in Level-5 , Inazuma Eleven 2, Italians will arrive on store shelves March 16. The Adventures of Mark Evans & co. will be available exclusively for the DS in two versions, known as Firestorm and Blizzard, which differ mainly on the opposing team. In addition, also leaked the release date of PokéPark 2: March 30 to read the story of Pikachu and friends; Wonders Beyond the English subtitle of the game in question, introduces many of the creatures seen in Black & White, starting from Snivy starter, and Tepig Oshawott.

creid

I'm not too surprised. There are around eleventy million more DSs out there than there are 3DSs.

Wizpig

I just realized we still have to get those awesome DLCs for Inazuma 1 with characters from 2.

(And those hacked Layton characters... :()

Ronian

Neo Member
I think that more applies to 4. 2 is like Silver/Gold to 1's Red/Green/Blue, if you will, with all of the ideas getting fleshed out and trading getting proper attention. 3 expands the scope and does online. 4 does...very little and has to be 1 factor in current sales. Even the marketing said, basically, "It's more of the same, but with new people!" Hopefully, it's because they had to create a new cast and furter installments will be properly expansive.

Hm, no? The 4th game introduced the avatars... And the story gets progressively better! I like the story in Go so much :) (I watch the anime...)

Shiggy

The March date for both versions was already confirmed. Just the exact date wasn't.

So here's the Wiitalia article that was taken down:

PokePark is launching on March 23rd, so Inazuma Eleven 2 could also see a small releasedate adjustment by a week or two.

So IE2 comes out in one month and we still haven't even seen a formal announcement let alone a trailer. Can't pre-order it anywhere either.

Oh, and this thread is in the Community ghetto now. :I

It's up for pre-order on a few sites in Sweden, but they all list incomplete information about it. I really don't know if I'm going to do order it or not.

Murkas

Anyone recomend some good midfielders/defenders for the final match?

Most of my defenders/midfielders have low level blocking/dribbling moves and quick draw isn't cutting it against these guys. Would check Gamefaqs but that it's dead over there.

Edit: Never mind, I beat them!

So... it seems I was right :)
IE2 Blizzard/Firestorm is coming in Europa March 16!

Tweet from NoE:

Inazuma Eleven 2 Firestorm & Inazuma Eleven 2 Blizzard launching on #NintendoDS in Europe 16th March 2012

How are you coming up with this conclusion?

IE2 introduces hissatsu upgrades like V#, G#, and Shin. No way it would be fair to play with someone using IE1.
Yes I'm bringing up a point from 6 months ago. Given the engine was updated to IE2 and the players were left in I thought it would be daft not to include the option...even if it will be a "man those guys in IE1 sure did suck":
If you want even more challenges, Inazuma Eleven 2 features a local wireless multiplayer mode where up to four users can challenge each other with their hand-picked teams, including those who own the first Inazuma Eleven game.

I wonder if you can trade players between IE1 and 2...now that would be odd.

Ronian

Neo Member
Anyone played the 3 japanese ds installments? So 3 has the best gameplay? I am looking forward to 4... I already know the story and the gameplay/graphics looks best with IE GO.

^ I think GhaleonQ has...

Just popped in to say GAME decided to pull the bomba trigger in their self-destruct sequence. They were selling it for £9.99 (out of stock online now will try to confirm instore price...) but Play.com have called their bluff (plus good time to get rid of it, being a week before the sequel)

Edit: New copies are still £14.99 instore but used copies are £9.99. Since I won't use play.com (my experience was more orders lost than arrived) went for the used copy.

alright guys so i started up the first IE today and i just got to chapter 2...

my question is this, is the whole game actually STAT based meaning it does not matter at ALL where say your striker is standing before he's trying to score a goal? meaning when one whole corner is totally free and i shoot there, will it still MISS because the goalie's stats are better?

kinda feeling like it's all a little luck based or random at the moment not sure yet :(

Fox1304

Just started the game last night. ... it's already awesome :D

Quick question though ... is there a way to have the japanese voices ? The english dub feels ... overplayed.

Top Bottom