• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Inazuma Eleven |OT| Thread of Blitzball 2.0

Shiggy

Takao said:
It's that god awful English dub I'm telling you! I don't even mean that in a weaboo way, it's just a legit bad dub.

For some reasons only the internet folks always think that the anime dubs are awful. The usual audience, i.e. kids, just doesn't notice.

Remy

This seems entirely up my alley. So looking forward to this.

From my quick scan of the sites in the OP, HMV seems to be the closest to in-stock (5-8 days) at the current time.

Takao

Banned
Shiggy said:
For some reasons only the internet folks always think that the anime dubs are awful. The usual audience, i.e. kids, just doesn't notice.

I'm a member of a forum where the userbase is mostly kids, and I haven't heard good things about the English dub. It's a dub that wasn't acted out by native English speakers.

Conan-san said:
Speaking of official things, The anime has vanished from Disney XD UK's schedules completely.

This is worrying because these are the same clowns that put Naruto up against the soaps.
Wait, so Fox Kids became Jetix and now they're Disney XD.

Also you forget the worst part. They only bought Naruto only so Cartoon Network couldn't have it. Being a kids channel they had to censor the violence out of it. They did this by cutting the parts completely. People get cut off mid-sentance (though sometimes they just freeze frame it before the violence), music jumps all over the palce. A total mess. When people complained about the treatment their response was simple: "If you don't want it censored, buy the DVDs".

But yeah it makes the whole Nintendo UK:"Lets wait for teh advertisinme to comes outr befores wes releases it" look even more daft if the one broadcaster has stopped airing it after what, two weeks?

Remy said:
This seems entirely up my alley. So looking forward to this.

From my quick scan of the sites in the OP, HMV seems to be the closest to in-stock (5-8 days) at the current time.
Read post #672 Remy. Apparently you can't trust their in-stock information.

Conan-san

Takao said:
It's that god awful English dub I'm telling you! I don't even mean that in a weaboo way, it's just a legit bad dub.
Given the choice between it and shit like Bakugan, give me bad dub all day.

Starwolf_UK said:
Wait, so Fox Kids became Jetix and now they're Disney XD.

Also you forget the worst part. They only bought Naruto only so Cartoon Network couldn't have it. Being a kids channel they had to censor the violence out of it. They did this by cutting the parts completely. People get cut off mid-sentance (though sometimes they just freeze frame it before the violence), music jumps all over the palce. A total mess. When people complained about the treatment their response was simple: "If you don't want it censored, buy the DVDs".

But yeah it makes the whole Nintendo UK:"Lets wait for teh advertisinme to comes outr befores wes releases it" look even more daft if the one broadcaster has stopped airing it after what, two weeks?
[Long rant about how Jetix were staffed by fuckers if above is anywhere close to the truth]

And, to give Disney XD part way credit, it was a month (More or less) but it was a poorly advertised, aired out of the way, month.

ShadowNinja64

Neo Member
Remy said:
Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit. Thanks for the heads up.

Just to illustrate the point, I preordered from HMV and as of today still had not heard anything about my copy being potentially even close to shipping. I ordered from that ASDA Entertainment site a couple days after the game's release, and just received an email that my game has been dispatched.

Meier

Woohoo, just got my copy in the mail!

Does anyone need a registration code for this? I was hoping it'd work with the US version of CN since it has the same name but no such luck obviously.

olimpia84

Finally got this on the mail, not that I was in a rush or anything because I have a huge backlog but still it was nice to get it (free shipping from ASDA too ftw). Anyways, I couldn't resist the temptation and started playing...damn this game is fun (at least so far). I was able to defeat that Occult team on my second try and will begin with scouting now.

Meier

I have not gone up against Occult yet.. right before there. I am not really feeling the controls in match though.. so hit or miss. :( Fun game though, definitely can see myself putting in a lot of time with it!

Dandruff5

Neo Member
Just got mine in the mail today from ASDA. Really bittersweet because I thought it was Xenoblade Chronicles. Guess I have something to tide me over until it gets here. :)

My ASDA order was dispatched 9/6 and got here in 7 days. My Zavvi order is still going strong at over 21 days and counting. Selected free shipping in both cases. I know who I'll be using in the future...

Kusagari

Alright, I ordered this from hmv back in August and I'm still waiting for them to ship it because of 'stock allocation'. So, I'm thinking of just canceling it.

Anywhere else that Americans would recommend importing it from?

Meier

Played a bit at lunch today and wooped up on Occult 3-1! I went up 1-0 in the first half then they used ghost lock and tied it at 1-1 before halftime. Scored a second goal with the Dragon Tornado and then had a gorgeous pass to just wide of the left post Axel then crossed to Kevin on the opposite post and I was able to tap it in to go up 3-1. Axel somehow missed an open shot at goal with his special move that would have made it 4-1!

Wish I could play some more..

p.s. I ordered from The Hut personally.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
So I have this game on loan from a friend who didn't care for it much. And I must say that this game is fun as hell, and I don't even like soccer. The capture aspect is fun,(although I use my default team for the most part) and the random battles are fun as well. I really wish level 5 would bring this stateside. Mainly because I won't have to hear this unbelievably bad dub. But since the VA is rare, its not much of an issue so far.

Oxx

The game is still sitting in my Amazon shopping basket. £24.99 is a fair price, but with Layton imminent and Xenoblade continuing to absorb most of my free time, I'm in no rush.

Maybe it will be cheaper if/when IE2 comes out next year...

Huff

Banned
Just got my copy from game.co.uk yesterday. It took about a month for me to get it (Florida). Not sure if I have the time to start it this weekend, but I look forward to finally playing

Just got a copy used off eBay but it's in great condition. Look forward to playing it since I'm tired of seeing the hype for the series and not trying it out.

Any tips for starting out?

It's pretty easy and straightforward. Try experimenting a bit during the random battles. You can do plenty of goals without having to rely on super-powerful skills.

Rumor:
Moreover, one of the many DS sleeper hits will see the arrival of a (already available in Japan) sequel: Inazuma Eleven 2 will be released at the end of January, but there are no information about how it will appear in European stores, since the original game was split into two versions: Fire and Blizzard.

http://www.wiitalia.it/2011/11/07/r...rrivera-a-febbraio-con-un-nome-nuovo/lang/en/

I guess we'll get a very late announcement again. Possibly after christmas even?

What's different in the sequel? I heard they already added a few of the improvements to the European version of the first game.

Zornica

Banned
archnemesis said:
What's different in the sequel? I heard they already added a few of the improvements to the European version of the first game.

if it is anything like the anime, you will be driving around in a big ugly bus fighting
aliens

crispyben

So, I've tried getting into this for 9 months now, but it's not happening. I cannot get past any of that training lab challenges in Chapter 4, so I'm selling my like-new French copy if anyone wants it: 20 euros, shipped anywhere. PM me!

depward

Looking for import options for an NA gamer - can't seem to find any? This ASDA recommendation I think I know what you guys are talking about but don't see it on there anymore. Ebay copies are fairly spendy and I really don't like going through Ebay anyway. None on Amazon and can't find on Play-Asia.

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
I started playing this game 2 days ago, and it's very good.

One thing that annoyed me was that before playing against occult, I had unlocked all of the possible characters, then I lost against Occult (didn't have time to do the Dragon Tornado, I thought the Dragon shot would do it...) and I hadn't saved the game... (FUCK YOU GAME FOR NOT HAVING A CONTINUE OPTION AND FUCK ME FOR BEING SUCH AN IDIOT)... I started at the beginning of chapter 2. Almost raged-quit the game...

Now I'm at chapter 4 and I'm worried that I'm going to run out of character space, I guess I'll end up kicking most goal keepers out of the team, but it's kind of disappointing that there is limited space, the completionist inside of me is not happy about this =P.

Good game overall, but definitely needed more polish, it's beautiful, but the collision detection while running on the map is horrible, invisible walls everywhere.

While playing matches, the referees suck a lot, having only 5 replacements is fucking ridiculous (should have been 12 or 17, like real football), the matches are too short IMO, the tactics are too limited, etc.

I would rather have less characters, but put a lot more focus on them. I guess I'll begin putting only characters with a key on them, overpowering them and forget that the others exist =P.

Well, that's very nice of you. :p

I wonder if Inazuma Eleven 2 really comes out at the end of January. That's only two months away and there's still no announcement.

GhaleonQ

Do you guys know if you're getting a remixed single-version edition of 2 (like the remixed 1) or if they're rolling out the Pokemon strategy worldwide?

Have you played IE2 GhaleonQ? I know that the Fire and Ice editions are supposed to have different stories, so it might be difficult to merge them together.

Shiggy

Do you guys know if you're getting a remixed single-version edition of 2 (like the remixed 1) or if they're rolling out the Pokemon strategy worldwide?

I doubt retailers are willing to stock to editions of a DS title these days (it's a question whether they'd even stock IE2 at all in Germany).

They only recently stocked Dragon Quest Monster 2 and Kirby Mass Attack like its the greatest thing. I'm sure as long as Nintendo publishes it they are willing to order some copies.

GhaleonQ

Have you played IE2 GhaleonQ? I know that the Fire and Ice editions are supposed to have different stories, so it might be difficult to merge them together.

Uh-huh. And 4 actually has totally different characters as the 1 lead's wife, so they only get more different from 3 on.

This is distressing. The Pokemon thing is a good hook, I think, and it's 1 of the best additions the sequels did.

So, the Last Story release date announcement made me realize that we're mere weeks away from the rumored IE2 release, but there's still nothing remotely official.

squall23

Wasn't there another article somewhere that denied IE2's translation. Not saying it's true, but the original release date was just a rumour anyway.

Shiggy

That repor was right about the releasedates of The Last Story and Boom Street. So there's no reason to think that IE2 is not coming in January ;)

Top Bottom