• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Inazuma Eleven |OT| Thread of Blitzball 2.0

GhaleonQ

The game's objectively great, but I really hope some U.K. people fall in love with it as some of the Oceania/European posters did. The series deserves an active fanbase outside of Japan.

jesusraz said:
Huh? I'm thinking he's a bit confused there...

He got corrected in the comments, BUT HA HA ISN'T IT CRAZY THAT IT HASN'T BEEN RELEASED HERE HA HA I AM MIRTHFUL ABOUT THIS DEVELOPMENT.

Reknoc

JustAnotherOtaku said:
Was pleasantly surprised to see an ad for this on UK TV last night! (ITV4 during the halftime Supercup final) I imported the Euro version at the start of the year but am really tempted to jump back into it now.
Heard they're also advertising it on Sky Sports. So definitely the right time and place. From what I hear though they're making it sound like it's based off the anime which could put people off.

Conan-san

Ok, what the hell am I doing wrong?

I'm in the second match game (Vs Occult Academy) and I know of that blasted scripted first goal but I'm taking too long to get the Dragon Tornado Scripted event to happen (when I'm not being called offside. So, what, my opponents can effing well use voodoo mind powers which may or may not be satanic in nature and Karate the ball in half but the moment I have a clear shot in goal, that's when you're going to protest?) and I keep drawing (which is not good enough? Seriously?!)

My team is about lv 9 average and I'm going mostly on an offensive possition because of that scripted goal.

Conan-san said:
Ok, what the hell am I doing wrong?

I'm in the second match game (Vs Occult Academy) and I know of that blasted scripted first goal but I'm taking too long to get the Dragon Tornado Scripted event to happen (when I'm not being called offside. So, what, my opponents can effing well use voodoo mind powers which may or may not be satanic in nature and Karate the ball in half but the moment I have a clear shot in goal, that's when you're going to protest?) and I keep drawing (which is not good enough? Seriously?!)

My team is about lv 9 average and I'm going mostly on an offensive possition because of that scripted goal.
since it's scripted just shoot the earliest you can and choose the aforementioned attack.

And then don't suffer goals? :p keep passing it around, if you can keep possession of the ball throughout most game you'll be safe I think.

But I played that in february, I might be missing some info, I don't recall having problems with them.

Conan-san

lostinblue said:
since it's scripted just shoot the earliest you can and choose the aforementioned attack.

And then don't suffer goals? :p keep passing it around.
That's the thing, I'm not suffering any goal except for the Ghost Lock one which is unavoidable. Ok, Here's a better question, can I get the Dragon Tornado event to lock before half time? That would make this a hell of a lot easier.

Reknoc

Conan-san said:
That's the thing, I'm not suffering any goal except for the Ghost Lock one which is unavoidable. Ok, Here's a better question, can I get the Dragon Tornado event to lock before half time? That would make this a hell of a lot easier.

You don't need to, you should easily be able to score with Kevin or Axel before they do the ghost lock.

Here's the post that helped me when Occult were ruining my day by being stupid cheating goth pricks:

SpacePirate Ridley said:
Seems you are playing it wrong, like me at first.
No, it doesnt seem that the levels of the enemies try to level with yours in this game, the thing is, you are trying to move to much your camera, and possibly are also using too much the drawing lines to move your characters.
The level you have is so great you can beat the next team after the occult easily.
I beated the occult with a much lower level than you and in my first try.

Some tips:
-Look how your team is placed (the strategy they use before the match) which one are you using? If I remember correctly I beated them with the diamond formation, though im using others right now that work better.

-Use Kevin a lot, and I mean a lot. Is the best player with Axel in your team. So have both passing the ball to each other while advancing destroying their defenses. If you need someone for help in the middle use the orange hair guy with red nose.

-You are possibly doing, like I did, passing the ball to the players feet. That, I have experience, is the worst possible way to play this game, as there will be always one enemy behind you that will let you not advance. ALWAYS, while trying to go for a goal, pass the ball infront of them (2 or 3 meters max), they will unexpectedly turn like flash, leave the enemy behind, and go for the ball. DO NOT DRAW A LINE FOR THEM, they do it automatically, if you draw it, it will not work.

-Do direct fast passes, lots of them. Its easier using at least 3 team mates. Shoot the ball to a teamate, then, BEFORE this teamate hits the ball, pass it to another one, or to the one he just passed. You will see letters above the player that say "direct". This will turn stupid the defenses of the enemy. ITS ALSO VERY USEFULL TO SCORE A DIRECT GOAL WITH IT. They are very easy to score them this way, even without using any power. For example, near the area pass from axel to kevin, repeat if necessary, so that the goalkepper doesnt no what to do, and before the player that is going to shoot to goal has the ball, hit the goal. This will make a direct goal, changing you commands, instead of shooting, it will say in one of them soemthing like "head hit". Max power to it and easy goal. I probably mark them like this 75 percent of the time. Theres only a draw about fast passes, they will not give you additional experience as they dont count as "good" passes.

-For taking the ball use the majority of the time (the same for stopping an attack with the ball) the right command, the kick one. At the start of the match the stupid, and random, referee, will shout usually fault. When he does like 3 or 4 of those (to either side) he usually doesnt appear again, even if you are commiting faults all the time. At first I thought faults were only if you tried to kick someone from behind, but nope, I later discovered you can also get them from the front, sides, and even using things like tackle or power moves, or not even get them doing a lot of this things. Yep, the referee in this game is stupid, and its random.

-If they have to throw a fault from their part, or the goalkeeper needs to kick becuase it went out or it has been a bad pass the game stops. Use this at you advantge and place your team in between the one that is going to shot the fault and the one that can receive that ball. You will, the majority of the time, get an easy ball and even be alone with the goalkeeper to score and easy goal. I have never used the stopping the match command.

-In this match, YOU NEED to score a goal before they use their special move and score a free goal. In the second part of the match try scoring easy goals with kevin with the tips I gave above.

Conan-san

So basically, power through with Axel, Keven and Nose guy (pray they don't use that hold move) and get a goal before HT and then ride on the Dragon Tornado goal?

Also, what's the difference between the basic options as far as command input is concerned? I'm not getting why chipping the ball in is working in battles so easily.

Oxx

Reknoc said:
I did! £20 at morrisons. Loving the game so far, it's a bit crazy and the dub is kinda bad. Can't beat these occult nob heads though :(

£20? Tempting.

As interesting as Xenoblade has been, I'm always receptive to RPGs that I can play on the toilet.

Oxx

They played an ad at the end of the X Factor as well. That has to be pretty expensive as far as UK TV ad slots go.

Not that it was a particularly good ad. And it highlights what a weird decision it has been not to rename the game in the west. The voiceover guy sounded embarrassed pronouncing 'Inazuma'.

Oxx said:
They played an ad at the end of the X Factor as well. That has to be pretty expensive as far as UK TV ad slots go.

Not that it was a particularly good ad. And it highlights what a weird decision it has been not to rename the game in the west. The voiceover guy sounded embarrassed pronouncing 'Inazuma'.
For latin europe it's pretty straightforward to say Inazuma, but I can picture that "weirdness" happening in UK.

xSL4INx

Well I ordered a copy from ASDA Entertainment yesterday and today it is saying that my expected ship date is October 5th. Is that pretty accurate and will I be waiting until October to get my game or should I go ahead and try to purchase from another retailer?

Conan-san

How in HELL did the Occult Match make it through play testing (at least twice counting the localisation play-test)?

It's gotten to the point where I score a goal before HT once and then bugger me if I ever even see the occult side of the pitch (or remove the ball from their grasps without getting the ref calling me out, or calling me offside or something equally bullshit) ever again (even on repeated play troughs, as if the game's caught on to my little plan to never have to play this match again and has conspired to punch me in the face for such a plan).

I'm about ready to gameshark my way through this match because sod this tumour code on an otherwise solid game.

It's really too bad the Occult match gives so many people a lot of trouble so early in the game. I even know someone who never touched the game again after he lost that match a few times.

Conan-san

slaughterking said:
It's really too bad the Occult match gives so many people a lot of trouble so early in the game. I even know someone who never touched the game again after he lost that match a few times.
Yeah, given how long it took for the game to get here (Even between Europe and the UK) it's absolutely appalling that some Nintendo/Level 5 play-tester didn't even conciser that to be a problem.

I got through it finally but I swear, if I have to do what I did to get past it (it involved a lot of Irn Bru, let's leave it at that) again because of poor design, the game's going back to Amazon wither they like it or not.

Edit: heh, post #666 for complainants about the Occult. Irony, you saucy minx.

Edit 2: Ha! Shit gets real Charles Barkley Shut up and Jam Gaiden Real quick in chapter 3

I don't think you'll have as much trouble with any other match in the game. From here on out it's a well balanced experience -- maybe it's even a little too easy.

Conan-san

Good to know.

On that point, now that it's been brought up, is there any method to the madness of TM'ing my guys (because, let's face it, that's TOTALY what you're doing)?

Also, is Wiley ever going to stop being a no move wonder? If I can spare a slot for someone useful, that'd be awesome.

ShadowNinja64

Neo Member
slaughterking said:
It seems like it's out of stock pretty much everywhere.

Similarly, I placed a preorder with that hmv.com site and they don't even seem to have had any stock yet, much less ran out of the game.

nli10

Number 39 in the UK top 40 this week, also Number 3 in DS chart. Likely to continue to get support due to Layton/DQ/Football Season connection. Lots of pre-owned copies saved just before the Occult match likely to appear :F

nli10

slaughterking said:

I was only kidding, I think most people will either persevere or Google. I got it on my 3rd go as I realised the early goal meant that I only needed Kev to do two shots in 2nd half. With the special on that wasn't too hard.

ShadowNinja64 said:
Similarly, I placed a preorder with that hmv.com site and they don't even seem to have had any stock yet, much less ran out of the game.

HMV's online arm is atrocious. They never show anything as out of stock so will keep selling things even if they can't guarantee that they can get it. My partner has had so many DVDs cancelled by her due to 6 weeks with no shipping and sale items cancelled by them that I never ever use them. If there are international alternatives I'd use them instead.

creid

Mine just arrived from ASDA, and it's my first European DS import. Are all EU DS cases this thick? It's about 30% thicker than my US & JP DS cases.

olimpia84

creid said:
Mine just arrived from ASDA, and it's my first European DS import. Are all EU DS cases this thick? It's about 30% thicker than my US & JP DS cases.

When did you order the game from them? Mine hasn't even shipped yet, what's going on? =(

creid said:
Yes, EU cases are white and thicker than US/JP ones.

The reason for the thicker cases is games used to be in 5 languages (sometimes they still are, but increasingly NOE is putting one language per card) and so the manual ends up being about the 100 page mark. Hence the need for a bigger case.

3DS cases are identical worldwide.

Now looking at the spine is the fun part. Generally it is just text but they use a few different fonts. As for the coloured triangle, thats for internal NOE sorting use.

Finally, there have been rare occasions around Christmas when NOE have run out of the thicker cases and had to use US styled cases for small production runs of things like Brain Training or Mairo Kart.

creid

Starwolf_UK said:
The reason for the thicker cases is games used to be in 5 languages (sometimes they still are, but increasingly NOE is putting one language per card) and so the manual ends up being about the 100 page mark. Hence the need for a bigger case.

3DS cases are identical worldwide.

Now looking at the spine is the fun part. Generally it is just text but they use a few different fonts. As for the coloured triangle, thats for internal NOE sorting use.

Finally, there have been rare occasions around Christmas when NOE have run out of the thicker cases and had to use US styled cases for small production runs of things like Brain Training or Mairo Kart.
I figured it was probably to make room for multi-language manuals, but I11 only has English. Good to know.

ShadowNinja64

Neo Member
nli10 said:
HMV's online arm is atrocious. They never show anything as out of stock so will keep selling things even if they can't guarantee that they can get it. My partner has had so many DVDs cancelled by her due to 6 weeks with no shipping and sale items cancelled by them that I never ever use them. If there are international alternatives I'd use them instead.

I wish I would've known this about a week ago, then. I guess I should just place an order with that ASDA site and see which happens first.

creid said:
Ordered 8/22, shipped 8/23.

OK, thanks.

Nice, I ordered my copy from them a day later (and shipped a day after that), so hopefully today or tomorrow. Did it arrive with the mail, or a delivery company like UPS? What part of the country are you in?

creid

platypotamus said:
Nice, I ordered my copy from them a day later (and shipped a day after that), so hopefully today or tomorrow. Did it arrive with the mail, or a delivery company like UPS? What part of the country are you in?
East Coast US. Came via US Postal Service.

randomkid

I'm just a reserving a post here to request that the thread be bumped after the first price-collapse. I want to pick it up for less than $30 shipped, I know it'll happen eventually, and the thread moves slowly enough that a bump will help alert me when to purchase. Thanks!

Why would it happen? The game only had a very small shipment and is currently sold out pretty much everywhere. I doubt there will be a situation with enough excess stock for it to have a price collapse.

randomkid

Oh hmm, every other game I've followed in the UK, even the tiny niche-ass ones, has price collapsed somewhere at some point, I thought that's just the way the market works over there even for games with small shipments.

I don't mind waiting six months or so, my backlog is enormous but I'm making an exception to my $20 ceiling for this game, heh.

LProtag

Did they say that 2+3 were better in terms of being able to take other players from other teams or random recruitment and put them on your team? I found this one basically had no little to no use for anyone who wasn't one of the main characters to be on your team, it just wasn't that viable.

Not that they will come out in the US, or maybe not even in English at all.

squall23

InsertNameHere said:
Did they say that 2+3 were better in terms of being able to take other players from other teams or random recruitment and put them on your team? I found this one basically had no little to no use for anyone who wasn't one of the main characters to be on your team, it just wasn't that viable.
That's because there really are only a handful of recruitable/secret characters that are actually good in the first game.

The 4 off the top of my head are Ichinose (has the strongest fire shot in the game), Sakuma (starts off with Emperor Penguin #2), Hera, and Apollo.

GhaleonQ

InsertNameHere said:

Not that they will come out in the US, or maybe not even in English at all.

I don't recall the statistics tables at all. It would be pretty easy to find if you search in Japanese. If you just want "the best," I'd assume the percentage is the same but the increased number means that you do get more choices.

That's totally guessing, though, since I recruit by preference.

LProtag

I got Ichinose/Erik and the guy with the eyepatch and put them on my team.

Most everyone else I recruited just wasn't up to par in terms of technique or ability, so there was as much customization for me. I had just heard the latter games made this a much bigger possibility.

Ok GhaleonQ, you have not disappointed me, I'm having a lot of fun with this.

I got through that match that everyone says is the hardest in the game
Occult
on my second try, and am pretty close to the next match. Not sure how much I should be spending time on scouting/recruiting between matches, but I've gotten my team up to nearly 20 players now. My gaming MO means that I generally tag in my lowest level dudes for my battles and matches, and it works out pretty well.

I am hoarding my special moves for the big matches, which I'm not sure if I should or not. I mean, I guess recharge points aren't that expensive, so I can do some farming and just always recharge before a big match? The thing is, the little random battles I don't feel like I need them much. They'd be useful in the 11 man friendlies at the park or through Silvia though.

squall23

InsertNameHere said:
I got Ichinose/Erik and the guy with the eyepatch and put them on my team.

Most everyone else I recruited just wasn't up to par in terms of technique or ability, so there was as much customization for me. I had just heard the latter games made this a much bigger possibility.
Oh no, I'm agreeing with you because it's true. I was just listing the examples. Would've been great if they let you recruit
Aphrodi

Wizpig

I come back to the thread and suddenly it's 3 pages longer.

So more people got into it because it came out in the UK? great.

Also, what are the latest rumours? will we get Inazuma 2 or will they skip to GO on the 3DS?

Wizpig

Waaait, is that official? if so, i can't wait.

I hope we also get Inazuma 3... you know, the definitive edition, unlike some other dudes who released the 1.0 edition when the better one was already out in Japan *cough* *COUGH* *cough*

Conan-san

Speaking of official things, The anime has vanished from Disney XD UK's schedules completely.

This is worrying because these are the same clowns that put Naruto up against the soaps.

Takao

Banned
Conan-san said:
Speaking of official things, The anime has vanished from Disney XD UK's schedules completely.

This is worrying because these are the same clowns that put Naruto up against the soaps.

It's that god awful English dub I'm telling you! I don't even mean that in a weaboo way, it's just a legit bad dub.

Top Bottom