• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Indie Game Development Discussion Thread | Of Being Professionally Poor

Status
Not open for further replies.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
tumblr_inline_nduv6bFRsQ1rfzuuq.gif

Great work as always :)
A quick question, how did you do the second animation? I mean everything looks like moving, did you re-draw each frame with little variations in "steady" parts or what?

I'm not an authority on greeting cards so I'll just say I like the design and the smaller font as they are, actually (breathing space and all that) but yeah, definitely go for a print shop rather than a home test run :-D Costs a few cents at best since you're only doing a very limited quantity, and you can actually test out quality paper and ink, which count as much as the design itself!

EDIT: Woops, uh, top of the page. Quick, scrambling for something new to show. This will have to do. Only small and simple stuff today though I'm afraid, but still: ducking kick, and glide pose. The coming stuff should be longer and more intricate/exciting to see.

tumblr_inline_ndull8Utbp1rfzuuq.gif
tumblr_inline_nduv6bFRsQ1rfzuuq.gif
I agree. And, as always, your work is amazing.

Well, here's some (potentially) not great news for us Unity users.

John Riccitiello is the new CEO of Unity Technologies.

If you didn't already know, he was once the CEO of EA, and was largely the one that started them down their current, non-user-friendly path.

I'm not sure how I feel about this, but I'm leaning more towards not liking it.

everything will go subscription. but i'm sure they'll drop the bomb right before Unity 5 is released.

friken

Roger that. I'll print out some test cards and see what looks best before sending off for a bunch. Thanks!

those look like nice prints form the pic. What are they for? tradeshow?

--

I've started working on the damage system for the game and am pretty happy with the results so far. Here is what I've done so far:

impact flash (or other fx per weapon)
damage decals (part of the ship so each ship will be able to have damage that looks correct for it's type)
damage area venting particles (part of ship so different ships can vent different stuff)

todo:
debris particles on impact
crew getting vented :)

Something that was an unexpected w/ the lighting system I put on the ships is that the decals do not honor the ship's normal... thought that may be a problem until I saw the effect. It has more of an effect that a chunk is missing from the ship which was an unexpected bonus.

WeightyNimbleAmurratsnake.gif

An introduction. Met someone here in Chicago as I overheard a conversation. We got on the subject of game dev and he is a lurker here and is familiar with this thread and follows a few peeps here. He knows about my work and we got on the subject of networking, he knows a few people I am going to be meeting with and can possibly lend a hand in spreading some news. He seemed to dig on our other project which we haven't shown but I casually threw his way. So I need something other than a napkin for future introductions.

Not holding my breath. Will have to see if anything comes about.

Pehesse

Great work as always :)
A quick question, how did you do the second animation? I mean everything looks like moving, did you re-draw each frame with little variations in "steady" parts or what?

I agree. And, as always, your work is amazing.

Thanks! It's actually a bit of a cheat, since it's a 4-frame animation where 2 of the frames are mainly copy-pasted. Sequential frames are different/entirely redrawn to have the vibrating effect, (so frames 1 and 2), and frames 3 and 4 are copies from 1 and 2 with the right modifications for the skirt to flap around. I find this sort of stuff actually way harder to do than wildly moving animation, since the slightest movement can throw the whole thing off balance. But that's a big time saver as well, since I only really have to do two frames... all in all I keep this to a minimum as I don't really like doing it, but every character has one or two like this, generally for idle stances where wide movements don't really fit :-D

GulAtiCa

Started working on a new patch for my Wii U game (ZaciSa's Last Stand). Mainly adding new things, this time online leaderboards and Miiverse post ability.

Worked on the miiverse thing yesterday, and works fine. Just need to get screenshot to be correct. Plan is to show the TV screen just as the game ended, so to show off your base/bots/etc as you fell with stats overlay (level, score, etc).

I'm hoping to be done with this new patch by Nov 2nd/etc so I can hope to get it out by Dec.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
I am throwing an indie mixer during GDC Next in Los Angeles at Club Nokia and we have several slots open for indie devs that will be in town to showcase their games at the mixer to the press, other devs, and GDC Next attendees. I've set up a partnership with GameTrailers to livestream the entire event in case anyone can't attend and would like to know what happened during the event.

Website for submissions: http://indiegameslive.com/

Feel free to DM if you have any direct questions. I thought I'd at least throw it out there to any indie devs in this thread looking for free promotion during GDC Next.

Hey all; Quick update on Indie Games Live -- we accepted a handful submissions from indie devs from GAF and they'll be demoing/exhibiting their game the event. We have a handful of spots still open (if you have already submitted, don't worry, we are still considering it and we should be deciding the last few by Friday of this week). The event is free to exhibit/demo and I will be giving every dev the press list for the event after it concludes so they can do their own follow-up to press who came to Indie Games Live.

Official website: www.indiegameslive.com. I promise this will be the last time I promote the event in the thread, but I wanted to give indie devs in the area or attending GDC Next another chance to promote their game, so thought I'd provide one update. Feel free to DM me if you have any questions.

Ito

Today I've rejected another job as a lawyer. I'm not sure about what I'm doing anymore.

Anyway started working on the forest level rooms. Here's a WIP

Still have to put more background layers, make the parallax effect, add bushes, randomize the effect of the wind on those leaves, put some weather special effects like rain/fog, falling leaves, foregrond... but slowly getting there.

NervousTemptingGrayreefshark.gif

Edit: Woops that floating arm at the end of the gif :p

Today I've rejected another job as a lawyer. I'm not sure about what I'm doing anymore.

Still have to put more background layers, make the parallax effect, add bushes, randomize the effect of the wind on those leaves, put some weather special effects like rain/fog, falling leaves, foregrond... but slowly getting there.

I'll tell you what you're doing: GOODNESS

Keep it up!

-Winnie-

Hey guys! We just released Screencheat onto Steam for realsies yesterday! Check it out. :D
http://store.steampowered.com/app/301970/

This was a bit of a crazy project for us, having started at Global Game Jam 2014, then going into full dev from about March til now (7 months, phwoah). We've had our ups and downs, but I'm incredibly proud of the team (of technically only 2.5 people) and what we've achieved! Having a game on Steam is also surreal as hell lol. But yay, we did it!

Genji

Hey guys! We just released Screencheat onto Steam for realsies yesterday! Check it out. :D

http://store.steampowered.com/app/301970/

This was a bit of a crazy project for us, having started at Global Game Jam 2014, then going into full dev from about March til now (7 months, phwoah). We've had our ups and downs, but I'm incredibly proud of the team (of technically only 2.5 people) and what we've achieved! Having a game on Steam is also surreal as hell lol. But yay, we did it!

Congrats. Played this in the indie megabooth at PAX Prime with 3 friends. Lots of fun!

Ashodin

OK SO

Moon Rover had some issues that would block progress, that's been fixed.

Next:

█▀▀█ █░░█   █▀▄▀█ █░░█   █▀▀▀ █▀▀█ █▀▀▄   ░▀░   █░░ █▀▀█ ▀█░█▀ █▀▀  
█░░█ █▀▀█   █░▀░█ █▄▄█   █░▀█ █░░█ █░░█   ▀█▀   █░░ █░░█ ░█▄█░ █▀▀  
▀▀▀▀ ▀░░▀   ▀░░░▀ ▄▄▄█   ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀░   ▀▀▀   ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ░░▀░░ ▀▀▀  

█▀▀▄ █░░█ █▀▀▀ █▀▀
█▀▀▄ █░░█ █░▀█ ▀▀█
▀▀▀░ ░▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀

but seriously

�� Finish Magi Boss
�� Set up Shooter level
�� Finish Keys n' Secrets

Gameboy415

This game?
http://anomaly1729.com/
Looks cool

Added you to the list

Yep, that's the one! :)
Our Kickstarter (which has a trailer from the current build) is supposed to be going up sometime this week (supposedly today?), so I'll share it here as soon as it's ready.

This looks great!
The background/foliage reminds me of Secret of Mana. :)

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Oh man, I got a really great idea for a game to make in UE4.
The excitement is real. I hope it stays till I have enough time with classes to actually create it.
I was going to port my WIP game over to UE4 during downtime, but instead I think I'm going to start fresh and save that game for later.

Stayed up super late last night to finish this slow-mo trailer, check it out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DVpG5SZQE0&

Tonight we submit Shwip to IGF!!!!

Beautiful. I really want to play this game!

Good luck at IGF. I'm rooting for everyone in this thread to win, so they better give out more awards.

Pehesse

So much detail, this is incredible. I can't imagine the time it took to make all these leaves/their movement, let alone the rest.
The only concern I might have would be the legibility of the character over such intricate backgrounds, since the level of detail is so high, but I believe she has a darker outline/bit more contrast, so that might do the trick? Still, could be something to watch out for. Otherwise, very impressive!

Also, I can't see the floating arm at the end, not sure whether I want to for laughs or not to keep the beauty of it :-D

Hit up a print shop today and ran off some tests. I ultimately wound up listening to Box. Went white on gray. The exact colors are more sugar on pewter. In keeping with the theme of the almightly green liquid, I chose a slightly off white (probably not noticeable) representing a sugar cube on a pewter color representing the ice water spigots typically adorned with pewter accents on absinthe fountains. To everyone else its white on gray :p

I tried to keep it clean looking and worked my best to make the negative space feel just right. I tested some nice gloss prints at various weights from 150-300 and white on gray looked the cleanest. Thanks for everyone's input. I know its miniscule talk about a card but I feel better running things by the camp here when I am uncertain. Thanks again, all!

friken

No wonder you are making games.... lawyer work can't be as fun :)

looking great. I love the bright colors and leaves/trees moving.

----

Long day of struggle. I was happy, a few hours, to get the damage decals working, then of course I wanted to break a ship in half. I recall messing with a mesh splitter for unity some time ago so I started playing w it. It didn't work at all for planes/quads. Found TurboSplitter on the asset store and thought I would try it. It does do what it says but I was a bit ahead of myself in thinking through using a splitter to 1/2 a sprite. It does work but is entirely impractical in my game for a few reasons. First there is this use case, along a diagonal:

slice.jpg

add some decals on edges right? not so much. first issue is you can't generate colliders from the split parts as the colliders are 2d and generate w the material not the mesh (material stays the same, so even refreshing collider each part gets full mesh collider). then there is the issue where only two objects are created, two clones of the orig object but each w 1/2 the mesh and ALL the attached scripts.... ugh ugly... would need to really plan for using that :) And notice the little bits that really need to be separate meshes (anything now floating not connected in space).

So I ditched that idea entirely and decided to go with pre-planned break away. At first I thought I'd hate having pre-planned but in action it makes the most sense and can be tightly controlled to be relevant to what ship system will no longer function if getting 'blown off'. Here is the first example of loosing part of the krex. Loosing this will take out two systems, the smasher weapon (needs both wings on the nose to generate a forward pulse) and the turning thruster for that side.

BowedRadiantKinkajou.gif

hunchback

I hope this doesn't sound odd. I'm looking for a mentor I guess. I had great success with Source and was able to make MP map's. I also taught myself early Unreal Tournament map's.
Flash forward to now and I'm struggling with the new UE4 engine. I'm not sure if it's because I have become disabled since then and unable to sit for long periods. I know we have a current thread about UE4. I have attempted a few questions but get ignored or it doesn't get read. Maybe because I'm on a Jr member.
I'm just looking for someone who wants to either mentor me or work with me. I'm not finding the right tutorials. I want to step out of MP map's and focus on a small FPS. And I mean learning small.
If this is inappropriate I apologize to everyone. You seem a bit friendlier, which is why I asked. Thank you.

So I ditched that idea entirely and decided to go with pre-planned break away. At first I thought I'd hate having pre-planned but in action it makes the most sense and can be tightly controlled to be relevant to what ship system will no longer function if getting 'blown off'. Here is the first example of loosing part of the krex. Loosing this will take out two systems, the smasher weapon (needs both wings on the nose to generate a forward pulse) and the turning thruster for that side.

I assume you've already thought this through, but in case you haven't I thought I'd mention it anyway.
If losing specific parts of the ship loses specific player capabilities, you obviously add some new strategic elements in terms of focussing fire, but you also contribute to creating "slippery slope" combat, where the person losing starts losing even faster and there are points of no return where the player has lost and there is literally nothing they can do to prevent that and they just have to watch themself lose.

That's not necessarily a bad thing, and I'm not even sure your game has PvP (I'm assuming it does based on your citing of Star Control 2 as an inspiration), but that type of "double penalty" combat (you lose not only combat resources (life) but also combat capabilities) skews PvP 'hardcore' very quickly.

Again, I'm sure you've thought this through, but on the offchance you didn't I thought it was worth mentioning.

friken

I don't know if this is helpful feedback or not, but at first glance I thought this was a twerking animation or something. :p Nice job otherwise on all your animations!

I don't see twerking but I do see breaking wind. Nice animation

I assume you've already thought this through, but in case you haven't I thought I'd mention it anyway.
If losing specific parts of the ship loses specific player capabilities, you obviously add some new strategic elements in terms of focussing fire, but you also contribute to creating "slippery slope" combat, where the person losing starts losing even faster and there are points of no return where the player has lost and there is literally nothing they can do to prevent that and they just have to watch themself lose.

That's not necessarily a bad thing, and I'm not even sure your game has PvP (I'm assuming it does based on your citing of Star Control 2 as an inspiration), but that type of "double penalty" combat (you lose not only combat resources (life) but also combat capabilities) skews PvP 'hardcore' very quickly.

Again, I'm sure you've thought this through, but on the offchance you didn't I thought it was worth mentioning.

I'd love to say I have it all 100% designed and it's perfect.... but that'd be a lie. I've left a lot up to the 'play test and tweak' design philosophy. The current thinking --

I have planned on having damage to primary systems, even made the combat ui with that in mind:

jgwaRYBB0H3WC.JPG

Each ship will have three main systems engines primary weapon and secondary weapon. What I haven't really sorted out is balancing of it all. I've only written two ship 'ais' so far (out of 25+ ships) and they are a bit on the difficult side so need to tweak to make them a bit more reasonable or multiple difficulty settings. Balancing for both pvp and pvc combat will be a big task I suspect.

As far as knocking out systems, I'm trying to decide if I'll allow players to select enemy part to target and have any auto-aim type weapons lock to that item or force the player to always manually try to maneuver and aim at the parts they are trying to damage. Something that will play a large part of the single player game will be disabling ships without destroying them to capture and reverse engineer the technology so you can build/pilot them. It also plays into progressing the tech tree of upgrades in general.

An extreme example of using what you have left after 1/2 your ship goes bye bye. Heh.... before I get 'isn't the bridge in the front of the ship' comments, I wasn't sure which section to leave in the players control. I could do either or both.... would be funny to try and move front of ship w just the two turning thrusters and back of ship just forward/back.

UnacceptableYawningBordercollie.gif

Ashodin

I will admit I thought it was not her clothes moving but rather her butt

yeah just did it again haha, if you look indirectly at it, it looks like it's her ass shaking

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
If another piece of clothing was moving I think it would be more difficult to mistake it for her butt.

Balancing for both pvp and pvc combat will be a big task I suspect.

Yeah; on the upside, AI will never ever complain about how you gimped its favourite build or overnerfed its favorite class, so you can be as harsh against it as you need to be for game health in PvE.

In PvP, it might be a good idea to think about how you want fights to play out at a very high conceptual level - it will give you good rule of thumb balance guidelines, and thinking about it sooner rather than later might save yourself some headaches in the long run. It also gives you some metrics to work against in playtesting, rather than rely purely on observational data and feedback.
Some basics worth loosely locking down in your own head would probably be:
How 'hardcore' do I want PvP to be? (and by this I mean "competitively viable" rather than "for fun"). Things like randomness are loathed by hardcore PvP players and greatly enjoyed as a normaliser by the 'its just for fun' crowd.
How should combat play out? Should it be like a knife fight, where both players circle each other waiting for an opportunity to strike, with the end results being very quick and very decisive once it begins? Should it be like a war of attrition, with each player taking chunks out of each other until last man standing occurs? Should it be like jousting, where each player closes in, attacks, then retreats, repeating until someone dies? Should it be like dogfighting, as players chase each other and try to manoeuvre themselves into an optimal position and their enemy into a weaker one? Should it be all of these, and the type of fight is based on the class / ship the player has chosen?

My apologies if this comes across as preachy or as dictating design guidelines rather than as food for thought - I always feel weird giving unsolicited feedback in this thread

Blizzard

Banned
Yeah, that was the alternative. =P

yeah just did it again haha, if you look indirectly at it, it looks like it's her ass shaking

I think that's what I did, look at something else and see the motion out of the corner of my eye. If the motion had another frame or two, or if more of the clothing was rippling, that might be better. That said, in motion in a fighting game, no one might even notice!

friken

Yeah; on the upside, AI will never ever complain about how you gimped its favourite build or overnerfed its favorite class, so you can be as harsh against it as you need to be for game health in PvE.

In PvP, it might be a good idea to think about how you want fights to play out at a very high conceptual level - it will give you good rule of thumb balance guidelines, and thinking about it sooner rather than later might save yourself some headaches in the long run. It also gives you some metrics to work against in playtesting, rather than rely purely on observational data and feedback.
Some basics worth loosely locking down in your own head would probably be:
How 'hardcore' do I want PvP to be? (and by this I mean "competitively viable" rather than "for fun"). Things like randomness are loathed by hardcore PvP players and greatly enjoyed as a normaliser by the 'its just for fun' crowd.
How should combat play out? Should it be like a knife fight, where both players circle each other waiting for an opportunity to strike, with the end results being very quick and very decisive once it begins? Should it be like a war of attrition, with each player taking chunks out of each other until last man standing occurs? Should it be like jousting, where each player closes in, attacks, then retreats, repeating until someone dies? Should it be like dogfighting, as players chase each other and try to manoeuvre themselves into an optimal position and their enemy into a weaker one? Should it be all of these, and the type of fight is based on the class / ship the player has chosen?

My apologies if this comes across as preachy or as dictating design guidelines rather than as food for thought - I always feel weird giving unsolicited feedback in this thread

Not preachy at all. I love the feedback -- great things to think about. One thing that will be hard to balance is time spent against creation of the single player story/game w the melee mode pvp game. I know there will be fans for both and likely quite a few in each camp that could care less we are making a game for the other. Personally I LOVED both the single player story and melee mode games of starcontrol. We will be in a different boat in a number of ways though as we are planning on 4 player same screen coop on consoles and a client/server setup on pcs (minecraft style). So there will be pvp potential in the single player experience.

Hey guys, we released a couple more of our playable characters artwork of our game Holobunnies, so I'm sharing the love <3 How do you like them? :D

Roméo the bard
B0fzdH0IgAAZcYP.png

Danielle the witch
B0aPXiOIMAENRwT.png

Nate the Holomonkey, an exclusive playable character
B0kh_foIQAASFrl.png

cbox

Welp it's entered! Pretty huge step for us. It's our first entry into anything public facing. Hope Shwip represents all the hard work we put into it :) And good luck to everyone here to entered!

N0Ky81U.png

Great stuff! So much love and detail, the GIF's camera moves so fast I hope I'll be able to enjoy it all.
If you can't eat after you ship the game, maybe you might want to think about lawyering again but I have a feeling you won't.
Tho I hope you'd consider being a game lawyer(look over publishing contracts, helping set up LLCs/trademarks/IP protection) from time to time.

Pehesse

I don't know if this is helpful feedback or not, but at first glance I thought this was a twerking animation or something. :p Nice job otherwise on all your animations!

Hahaha, okay :-D Well, thanks for the feedback (and to everyone else who commented on this!) :-D
I'm hopeful it'll make more sense in context though, when she's actually in the air doing that :-D It only stays on for a second or two at most anyway when she does it!

Friken, those ship battles/damages are looking gorgeous. I don't have much more to add that that. But it's gorgeous.

I, for one, enjoy reading your feedback even if not for my game since it's, as you say, food for thought. And I'm of the mind that posting here is akin to asking for feedback anyway, so there's no such thing as unsolicited feedback! ...uh, is there?

wondermega

We have a handful of spots still open

ah that's great I'd love to talk to you guys. I'll send you a PM, glad I decided to peek into this thread; it's been awhile!

Me & MTMBStudios are pretty close to wrap-up and I'd love to show off our game. Here's a close-to-complete title screen

brTitle.jpg

and since it's been a long while since I put up some gifs, here's a link to deep in this very thread if you are interested to see what the game looks like

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Thanks! It's actually a bit of a cheat, since it's a 4-frame animation where 2 of the frames are mainly copy-pasted. Sequential frames are different/entirely redrawn to have the vibrating effect, (so frames 1 and 2), and frames 3 and 4 are copies from 1 and 2 with the right modifications for the skirt to flap around. I find this sort of stuff actually way harder to do than wildly moving animation, since the slightest movement can throw the whole thing off balance. But that's a big time saver as well, since I only really have to do two frames... all in all I keep this to a minimum as I don't really like doing it, but every character has one or two like this, generally for idle stances where wide movements don't really fit :-D

Thanks for the answer :)

Good work(also applies to everyone else here!)

--

I've started working on the damage system for the game and am pretty happy with the results so far. Here is what I've done so far:

impact flash (or other fx per weapon)
damage decals (part of the ship so each ship will be able to have damage that looks correct for it's type)
damage area venting particles (part of ship so different ships can vent different stuff)

todo:
debris particles on impact
crew getting vented :)

Something that was an unexpected w/ the lighting system I put on the ships is that the decals do not honor the ship's normal... thought that may be a problem until I saw the effect. It has more of an effect that a chunk is missing from the ship which was an unexpected bonus.

WeightyNimbleAmurratsnake.gif

Looks really pretty!

By the way, I haven't tried in my game yet, but you mean that you are you are drawing a decal on top of your ship sprite when it got impacted and is affecting the normal map in a way that the effect it looks like a missing part? looks sweet I will check if it works like that in my game too :) so far I am only venting crew and drawing smoke but haven't tried decals on it yet.

friken

Looks really pretty!

By the way, I haven't tried in my game yet, but you mean that you are you are drawing a decal on top of your ship sprite when it got impacted and is affecting the normal map in a way that the effect it looks like a missing part? looks sweet I will check if it works like that in my game too :) so far I am only venting crew and drawing smoke but haven't tried decals on it yet.

Thx. To clarify a bit about the decals. I did not bother making a height and normal map for the damage decals. I thought that it would look odd or wierd until I did. Instead I was happy to see an illusion of putting an unlit decal on top of the ship made that section look inset like a chunk was missing from the 'geometry' (even though there is none). I think the illusion is lack of height-map as much as lack of lighting. I also think it relies on the decal being a dark color.

mooooose

Hey, I'm developing a Graph based game in Java for a class I'm taking. I was looking for some advice on how to design, using OO, the Player class, and also the Computer class. It's a graph based, and requires the player to traverse marked nodes and return to a home node, so it's a traveling sales man problem. Right now I have a Player class that contains the Player name, the list of cities they have to visit, the list of cities they HAVE visited, and their current city (among other data).

So I was thinking of having a ComputerPlayer class that extends computer, and overloading methods that would handle turn making decisions. Is this a good design decision?

One thing that will be hard to balance is time spent against creation of the single player story/game w the melee mode pvp game. I know there will be fans for both and likely quite a few in each camp that could care less we are making a game for the other.

I think that although you might get some vocal complainers from each end of the spectrum talking about either singleplayer or PvP being wasted resources, or demanding more time being spent on their special interests, the silent majority will definitely appreciate both. Especially if you end up attracting lapsed gamers that were fans of the original Star Control.

Somewhat misapplying the 80/20 rule, but I suspect you'll find that that is about the distribution of time and effort you are going to end up spending to get PvP and PvE both up to the same satisfactory level, with PvP balancing taking up vastly more of your time than you initially expected.
Which is where having a good idea in your head about how you want it to behave can be a godsend - things that don't match your vision can be instantly dismissed, no matter how good an idea they might be. (and the same applies to the PvE experience - things that seem like a good idea for 'campaign mode' but that drastically undermine PvE can be easily shelved, and things that seem to work well in both can quickly be promoted).

I'm of the mind that posting here is akin to asking for feedback anyway, so there's no such thing as unsolicited feedback! ...uh, is there?

Well, its easy to take negative feedback as criticism, no matter how well intentioned (lets just not talk about chromatic aberration) and I suspect there's all sorts of motives for posting in this thread - some people are hungry for feedback of all sorts, some just want a little confidence booster after spending so long on working on something and a little reassurance that it looks as good to others as it does to themself, some just want to do a driveby "hey, my games out now on android store, peace out!", some really want to get into development and are a bit lost about how to start out...
Basically, I've had to give and receive game feedback professionally, and I'm very conscious that there are right way and wrong ways to do it, and anonymous internet posting is inherently one of the worst possible options for doing so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom