• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

anthym

Neo Member
Time to go total blackout. Won't be entering this thread or any other infamous related threads until I finish the game.

Carl

Couldn't resist the spoiler thread and found out the third power because i'm a cunt. Sounds cool though

Danlord

I have myself this pre-ordered, can not wait!
inFAMOUSCollectorsEdition.jpg

EVIL

Time to go total blackout. Won't be entering this thread or any other infamous related threads until I finish the game.

You already entered this thread to post you won't be entering this thread... you are not in control man!! :p

The endings have both been great so far. I just don't want expectations like power numbers guiding how I view everything. Just rather let it happen. These games are fun comic book stories and I like to discover which tropes they integrate on my own. Nothing serious but still fun to go in fresh.

You should only have to download a certain amount of it to boot up the game, but yeah PSN needs to support pre-loading everywhere, I don't get why it doesn't.

I thought the actual villain in the first game was really well done. But I tend to like time travel and paradoxes, etc.

No doubt, obviously you'd prefer to not be spoiled.

culafia

So, the embargo's the 20th. Does that mean all of the pre-release code is out, or have the secondary outlets gotten their copies too?

darkwing

Apparently there will be no preloading of any kind for Second Son, wich is stupid, why have a new shiny hardware with all this new features and not take advantage of them?

Stupid.

it would have been a perfect feature , downloading preordered games while on standby mode

TMNT

Banned
So I expect low 80's metacritic. Frankly I can't wait. Haven't played a game on my PS4 in weeks.

I feel you. This game should do well given the drought we're in at the moment, at least in sales. Review scores I'm not so sure. It looks fun which is all I care about.

So I expect low 80's metacritic. Frankly I can't wait. Haven't played a game on my PS4 in weeks.

I'm expecting 89/90/91.

The main criticisms of the first two was the lack of variety in gameplay, and the lack of depth to the characters and voice acting, yet they got 83 and 85.

Second Son appears to have remedied these criticism so I'm optimistic.

I will get this game when I get my PS4 is September

IcyEyes

Can't wait for this game.
I'm an huge fan of the infamous series and I'm sure this game will deliver an amazing experience.

Anyway, I'm with the devs.
I love the 1080@60 (well, I'm a graphics whore...), but for the sake of the beauty I can live and enjoy this game at 1080@30. In this game, particle effects, lights and animations looks awesome!

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Probably 49.99? Just a guess based on how much Thief is.

Could be worse I guess. I see more expensive games than that on the PS3 store on a regular basis. Hopefully at some point soon Sony will start to lead by example with their first party games like they do with their digital prices on PS3 and Vita. It'll be brill if they start that with Second Son but I'm not expecting it. It's expensive at retail too so I'll take £49.99 if that's the price.

Need to find a PS4 first though. I refuse to go for the Infamous bundle because I want the digital version, not the retail version. I want to go all digital on PS4 so I can have my whole PS4 library available on Vita with remote play.

GRaider81

First ever GAF post!

Would playing through infamous 2 be a good idea? I played the first one which I really enjoyed. I want to catch up with what happened but I'm a bit worried if I play it I might get infamous burnout before next week.

Kyoufu

First ever GAF post!

Would playing through infamous 2 be a good idea? I played the first one which I really enjoyed. I want to catch up with what happened but I'm a bit worried if I play it I might get infamous burnout before next week.

If you're worried about burnout then don't bother playing I2 as you don't need knowledge of previous games to enjoy this one.

Mine was at the post office which is 2 min away from my house lol. It left there at 8 am, but my mail doesn't get here until about 1 pm, so now I wait.

Nice; you'll be playing soon for sure. It's not too disappointing if I have to wait until tomorrow as I won't be home until late tonight anyways.

EGOMON

First ever GAF post!

First, welcome aboard :)
Second, no don't worry Infamous 2 won't spoil second son for you different settings different world, enjoy it.

Top Bottom