• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infinite Space (DS) |OT| of Portable Space Opera Epicness

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Buy this game people, especially if you see it for cheap cause its rare and expensive almost everywhere now. I needs me an Infinite Space 2. There can never be enough Space Operas.

Roto13

I hate the existence of that Star Trek: Infinite Space MMO because every time I see the title I think "Oh, Infinite Space news? Oh, pfft, nevermind."

I finished the game a short while ago. These are my main criticisms.

- The epitaph plot was unnecessary and ultimately detrimental. The story was at its peak when it dealt with war and politics. Concluding the
Lugovalos invasion
with a conventional battle would been preferable to the
Overlords
plot. The pacing before the final few hours was perfect. Bringing in the
aliens
rushed it all to Grus. I also blame epitaphs for the slow beginning.

- The battle system is inconsistent. At the start, combat was hampered by the limited options. By the end, it was too easy.

- Selecting a conversation with friends should bring up that dialog only once.

- Ship building becomes a bit cumbersome after you've acquired a lot of modules.

None of this impeded my experience significantly however. Infinite Space is essentially peerless in its rendition of the spirit of science fiction space exploration.

Diablos54

I'm loving this game, but this one battle in Chapter 5 is driving me insane! I'm one-shotting anything I come across until
the blockade battle
. Any help?

Edgeward

Uh remind me the battle scenario?

I will say that any difficult battle that involves with a hard hitting battleship can be lamed out in the chessiest way. You need to just make a bee line to get as close as possible and stay right in front of it, effectively out of danger. And even though you can't hit them with your guns, your fleet should have carriers with planes. Just keep releasing them and watch it whittle the hp very slowly.

Diablos54

Well I managed to get past that point but having even worse trouble at the start of Act 2, trying to hit a
cloaked ship
, and I don't seem to have any multi fleet weapons... I both love and despise this game sometimes.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Hey dickbags, too many of you didn't buy this game so now I don't have an Infinite Space 2 to revel in on my new 3DS. A pox on you and your houses. Also I will be replaying this game for the fourth time, because it's fucking rad.

Now where do I bitch about there not being a Baten Kaitos 3DS.

I was going to buy it a few weeks ago, but it turned out it was ridiculously expensive. I do kind of regret not going for it back when it was first released.

Roto13

Hey dickbags, too many of you didn't buy this game so now I don't have an Infinite Space 2 to revel in on my new 3DS. A pox on you and your houses. Also I will be replaying this game for the fourth time, because it's fucking rad.

Now where do I bitch about there not being a Baten Kaitos 3DS.

Pretty sure most of the people in this thread bought Infinite Space.

Roto13

What would you have me do Asian Mac
your avatar looks like an Asian version of mac from it's always sunny
?

You should make a new thread and yell at everyone in it. I'd support that.

This is Hideki Kamiya. All moe.

Finalow

started this game some weeks ago, really great.
I'm just stuck vs
the invisible ship in the government route
, I bought 2 multi-attack weapons but I can't kill it (I did that fight like 5 times already), even if the fight is pretty long and I always use barrage/special barrage and formation foe. what the fuck am I supposed to do to win this? Grind for 6 hours in order to buy 12 weapons multi-attack just for this fight? These weapons won't even be good after this fight, there are way better single-attack ones at the same price.

AniHawk

started this game some weeks ago, really great.
I'm just stuck vs
the invisible ship in the government route
, I bought 2 multi-attack weapons but I can't kill it (I did that fight like 5 times already), even if the fight is pretty long and I always use barrage/special barrage and formation foe. what the fuck am I supposed to do to win this? Grind for 6 hours in order to buy 12 weapons multi-attack just for this fight? These weapons won't even be good after this fight, there are way better single-attack ones at the same price.

it's been too long since i've played, but is it this?
"In order to damage the leader's ship you have to use a Multi-Atk capable(Fleet Wide) weapon such as the [Particle LS]"

ag-my001

Check the range on your multi-attack weapons. You might be too close or too far. Formation foe won't help you here since you can't target it directly. It will also depend on the type of ships being used to determine weapon strength. Two battleships with multi weapons will do a lot better than anything else. Just use normal attacks to ensure hits, and it should only take a couple minutes to finish.

Finalow

Check the range on your multi-attack weapons. You might be too close or too far. Formation foe won't help you here since you can't target it directly. It will also depend on the type of ships being used to determine weapon strength. Two battleships with multi weapons will do a lot better than anything else. Just use normal attacks to ensure hits, and it should only take a couple minutes to finish.
when I attack the icons of the weapons aren't red, so they are in range. I also hit the enemy with the multi-attack weapons but they do a shitty damage unless they crit, still I bought them for 4k each. =|
I didn't buy a big battleship but instead a carrier with 60 of the best fighters, spent a lot for that too. I have 1 or 2 battleships but they aren't that strong anymore at this point, they got 1k hp or so.
so you're saying I should farm a battleship instead of more multi-attack weapons? Anyway it'll take a lot of grind to do, sigh.

Finalow

I bought a new BB + 3-4 multi-attack weapons and finished that part, finally.

btw the TAURUS is pretty broken. 500 damage per hit, 1500 if crit and a 4k GREEN heal? Lol, ok that in close range it can't use those weapons so you just stick there and wait for your fighters to kill him, even if it works he still got that heal and it takes a lot of time. I just farmed with holds 200k gold (really an easy and fast way to farm money) and built the strongest fleet I could.
now I should be around the end.

keep

I'm stuck in Taurus :( I have FUCK ALL money and the little I built up needed to go on upgrading the weapons I had as some of them were doing 1 or 2 points of damage. I still can't beat him with a decent flotilla with nearly all upgrades, durability, gauge speed, battle speed, etc. up. All my weapons are 100+ attack and I'm hitting him with criticals of over 400 on occasion, but it just won't die. My fighters are relatively weak so I don't think they're making much of a dent on him when I send them over. WHAT CAN I DO?! I've been stuck in this battle for a week.

The walkthrough I'm following suggests I use Mercy Angel (Kira's healing special) but I don't know how to do this! Kira is my Chief Physician and when in battle I do get a 'Special 2' option (as opposed to 'Special 1' Final Roar) but when I hit it NOTHING happens. I've tried adding several modules to add +Medicine to my ships but still after using 'Special 2' nothing visible happens, or at least my ships don't get healed. How can I get it to work?

Top Bottom