• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infinity Blade II |OT| Swiping never felt so good

deduce

After all the horrors I've been hearing about NG+, I've been holding off on beating the OG. I reached level 50 acquired the Infinity Blade then found out about the gold exploit (Go to options, choose to Restart Rebirth 1, beat intro level, beat Thane in Rebirth 1, get to Weapons Chamber in Rebirth 2 and recollect all weapons, beat MX-Goliath for the large key, get to Rebirth 3, sell duplicates, repeat).

Any recommendations on what level I should be before I attempt NG+? I really want to beat the game but don't want to be punished and forced to buy an IAP to have fun with NG+.

I've beaten the game yesterday. It was pretty awesome from what I can tell. I still have the urge to play it so I'll just keep grinding my way through second cycle. I am at Rebirth 21 or something and I've beaten every sub bosses. GX Goliath was Level 183. He did not drop a large key. God King will most likely hit Level 200. Gonna see this in a few screens at best. Edit : Holy shit he's 225 !

Every time I try to save for the Infinity Blade, I end up mastering items. Consequently, I have to buy other items to not waste any xp / skill point growth. I feel like I will hit a huge money wall soon enough.

Games runs great on my iPod Touch 4. OS4. I had to restart the game a couple times due to weird "zoomed" bug but other than that I am very satisfied.

Here's a pic of my stats.
Uqgev.jpg

burgerdog

I've beaten the game yesterday. It was pretty awesome from what I can tell. I still have the urge to play it so I'll just keep grinding my way through second cycle. I am at Rebirth 21 or something and I've beaten every sub bosses. GX Goliath was Level 183. He did not drop a large key. God King will most likely hit Level 200. Gonna see this in a few screens at best. Edit : Holy shit he's 225 !

Every time I try to save for the Infinity Blade, I end up mastering items. Consequently, I have to buy other items to not waste any xp / skill point growth. I feel like I will hit a huge money wall soon enough.

Games runs great on my iPod Touch 4. OS4. I had to restart the game a couple times due to weird "zoomed" bug but other than that I am very satisfied.

Here's a pic of my stats.
Uqgev.jpg

If you hit the power button and home button at the same time you can take a direct feed picture.

Yoshiya

About to install 1.0.2... a little afraid it'll wipe my save. Oh well, I'm done with the game unless they fix the NG+ transition issue.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=114804&page=126

UPDATE: Wow! From the testing I've done, which includes forcing the game to quit from memory override and loading the game with wi-fi on and also turning wi-fi off while the game is running, it seems that this update fixed the save-game glitch. I hope everyone else gets as good results as I have. It might be preemptive to celebrate, but cheers! =D

In addition, I confirm BirkusTheGreat's claim that the update gives you max double-xp potions and two medium keys for free. I'm not sure about the weapons, though— it didn't give me a free heavy, but it appeared to give me a weak light and a weak dual weapon for free. Not sure if I had those before, though.

Ambassador items lol.

Edit: Went on Epic forums and apparently save bug isn't fixed yet.

Is it worth picking up the original at this point? I've played neither, but intrigued solely from a design point of view...the armour and enemy designs look rather sumptuous.

How many hours did it take you to reach that level?

I really don't know. 10-15 hours maybe ? Is there any way to get a /played ?

The key to level up quickly is to keep progressing through Rebirth. Around Rebirth 12 and ongoing, you get lots and lots of xp per kill.

I've just consecutively beaten the game for the third time in a row. I'm at Rebirth...well I don't even know, I'll have to look at it. Final boss God King was level 350. Game is turning a bit boring by now. Probably played around 20-25 hours.

I've just consecutively beaten the game for the third time in a row. I'm at Rebirth...well I don't even know, I'll have to look at it. Final boss God King was level 350. Game is turning a bit boring by now. Probably played around 20-25 hours.

$7 is a good value for 25 hrs.

Anyway, an update deleted my save and I have no fucking motivation to start over, even though I was only like 2 hrs in. I don't even know if I was 'doing it right'. I wish there was a damn map, you have to memorize where every damn door goes, and can't go backwards. ie there was so many times where I wanted to go back to a specific room, but couldn't remember where the fuck it was, so Id have to guess and kept going the wrong way. You then have to do the entire thing again. How is this fun? Why couldn't they include a basic map? Also, the inability sell old weapons/items is absolutely idiotic. And didnt see any reason NOT to use heavy weapons, and the damage is so much more massive. I'd try light/dual, get my ass kicked, switch to heavy the next time and demolish the guy in a few blows.

Mike M

Nick N
Updated, seems like my save is gone forever. *Sigh* might as well start over, it's not like I was terribly far along since I was constantly struggling to even run the thing.

One question I do have, when you reach the branch point where you can either go up the tower to where Thane hangs out, or proceed to where the Goliath dwells... I can see a medium key treasure chest off to the left in the courtyard or whatever is out there. But it doesn't give me a prompt to click on it either before or after beating the titan at that location.

How the hell do you snag it?

I wish there was a damn map, you have to memorize where every damn door goes, and can't go backwards. ie there was so many times where I wanted to go back to a specific room, but couldn't remember where the fuck it was, so Id have to guess and kept going the wrong way. You then have to do the entire thing again. How is this fun? Why couldn't they include a basic map?

Whaaa? The layout is far from complicated, I could tell you how to find any room just off the top of my head.

(Unless there's some secret branch that leads to the aforementioned medium chest I don't know how to get)

hwalker84

Beat the last boss and was only able to do so because I got an 500+ damage weapon via a roulette wheel at level 25. Now New+ is super hard with such a low level.

UGH. Looks like I got hit by the save game glitch. Level 35 character gone. So is it possible to restore, or am I screwed? That's also a few bucks worth of IAP cash flushed too (I have limited free time for games and no time for grinding, don't judge me).

Guess I better do the download. Don't know if I feel like restarting from scratch at this point. Too bad, as I was enjoying this one...

Mike M

Nick N
Put some quality time in with 1.0.2 yesterday, and it seems like it's finally the game it should have been from the start. Shame that my original save seems to be gone forever though, but the game picks up where I left off every time, hasn't crashed yet, and has significantly improved performance on my 3GS in some places (3rd fight is still bad, but playable).

Pretty sure they've drastically altered some of the prices for items. Previously I was equipping the cheapest unmastered weapon available, but I'm at level 20 something and haven't even touched a heavy weapon, the cheapest of which is $2,500.

The extra items they gave was a nice touch (4 prize wheels gives a nice head start when starting from scratch). Question about the health regen potion that regenerates 100 HP/sec during a fight, is that constant for the whole fight, or just until your health meter maxes out? Seems like if it's the former, that would defang the blood sentinels quite a bit...

Mike M

Nick N
Also, WTF at these Grinder weapons. They take a ludicrous amount of XP to master, but have pitiful attack strength bonuses and are like what... The third weapon down the list in each category? What is the point of these, it seems like it hinders the game design by having the strength and level of your enemies rise at a pace that far outstrips your own. I get that they're "grinders" and that you need to grind to master them, but still...

exYle

Also, WTF at these Grinder weapons. They take a ludicrous amount of XP to master, but have pitiful attack strength bonuses and are like what... The third weapon down the list in each category? What is the point of these, it seems like it hinders the game design by having the strength and level of your enemies rise at a pace that far outstrips your own. I get that they're "grinders" and that you need to grind to master them, but still...

Personally, I'd only use them if I restarted from Rebirth 1 to, say, Rebirth 6 to grind out XP.
Also, maybe they're useful if you stick a really powerful gem to them.

distrbnce

Banned
Did anyone lose their save after the latest update? I'm not sure if the update did it, or the friend I let play it for a little while overwrote my character :/

I saw one post similar earlier on the page, but that's it.

Bento

Question, how well does this game perform on Iphone 4 in terms of frames and such? Lots of stuttering and such?

Haven't played since my last post. The battery in my Ipod Touch 4th gen is dead. Like, totally. It won't even boot after been plugged for a month. I think I was level 66. I feel like I could grind all the way to 100 right now so I'm kind of upset about this situation.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Are there meant to be sound fx in battle? Playing this on the new iPad and it's completely silent during a fight. Hope that's not a design choice. Is it a bug?

hwalker84

Are there meant to be sound fx in battle? Playing this on the new iPad and it's completely silent during a fight. Hope that's not a design choice. Is it a bug?

Leave the app and then kill it fully. Launch again. This usually works for me.

Finally, ClashMobs are available, along with quite a lot of new content, in version 1.1.
Downloading now, I'm very curious to see if ClashMobs are as good as I thought it would be.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Finally, ClashMobs are available, along with quite a lot of new content, in version 1.1.
Downloading now, I'm very curious to see if ClashMobs are as good as I thought it would be.
Should note that ClashMobs and the MyMob features require Facebook.

Another huge addition is that you can now sell items that you have only x1 of again like in IB1!

You're right, Facebook mandatory.

Also, it's been a while since I last played, and I just found out the 6 weapon doors (used to farm gold quite quickly at least until 1.0.2) are not responding anymore. Was this fixed or is my game acting up?

Add me for clashmob too. mikeydavis

Can anyone give me tips about gem forging? I throw in some 3 powerful gems of the same kind-and the result is most of the time equal,to one of the gems.

I started playing this again. Somehow I managed to get an Ipad 4 for $200. Couldn't resist the deal. The game is a real stunner on retina display. It's like I'm playing a GOTY edition, with all 3 update packs!

I'm still upset about the the whole situation with my old ipod touch and its battery but I guess it gives me a real good reason to start all over again.

orion434

This is the best $7 I spent on a game! Just an FYI, the gold exploit on the top-post has been patched, if you go back to the Armory Room via Rebith 2 there are no prompts to open the doors... so you can't get the items a second time.

Top Bottom