• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infinity Blade II |OT| Swiping never felt so good

Mrbob

So I updated my game and lost my current save file in the progress. Now when I start a new game I get stuck in an infinite loop of fighting the same enemy in the very beginning, except he is completely invisible and I can't see him. I beat him, try to move on, but can't. Stuck fighting the invisible man over and over.

What a waste of money this game has been so far.

Edit: After the third restart I can finally move on, yay! Wonder how long before I lose this save file too.

Zeth

Looks like the community of teenage YouTube L33t jailbreakers have figured a way via SSH to get yourself $100 million in game currency.

Pretty sure that's illegal since they sell you money for real dollars. I do wish they'd revise their position on selling your last item though, would help a lot.

Looks like the community of teenage YouTube L33t jailbreakers have figured a way via SSH to get yourself $100 million in game currency.

Pretty sure that's illegal since they sell you money for real dollars. I do wish they'd revise their position on selling your last item though, would help a lot.

At this point I'm just saving up for the weapons to unlock the stuff in the tomb. The endgame is balanced pretty badly in this regard IMO. I beat the God King 4 times already and the last time was the esiest. *sigh*

Edit: One piece of advice: Unless you want to move on fast to the next piece of equipment don't use the Exp gems. Better save the slot for a money gem.

GeekyDad

Decided to wait 'til around Christmas Day. See if Epic is feeling in a giving kinda mood, offering some kinda holiday discount perhaps.

Mike M

Nick N
Do I just suck horrendously, or is the heavy weapon style woefully unbalanced? Seems like there are a LOT of attacks that can't be parried OR blocked, leaving you with no choice but to eat the damage.

Aeana

I've never played IB1, but I read through the novella and just started IB2 and am having a great time! A question, however: what does mastering equipment do?

I've never played IB1, but I read through the novella and just started IB2 and am having a great time! A question, however: what does mastering equipment do?

Gives you a stat-point (I think some armors even give 2 maybe, not sure though).

What did you think about the novella? (I read it too, curious what others thought.)

Aeana

Gives you a stat-point (I think some armors even give 2 maybe, not sure though).

What did you think about the novella? (I read it too, curious what others thought.)

I read the IB1 wiki and it says that mastered equipment can be sold for more. Does that apply to 2? I can't figure out how to sell anything but gems.

As for the novella, I thought it was enjoyable and well-written. I'd probably read something else written by the author.

I read the IB1 wiki and it says that mastered equipment can be sold for more. Does that apply to 2? I can't figure out how to sell anything but gems.

As for the novella, I thought it was enjoyable and well-written. I'd probably read something else written by the author.

No, you can't resell your weapons anymore unless you have more than one of the same. They took it out but balanced it out by giving you more money I felt. It took me about the same in IB1 as in IB2 to hit that wall where you're stuck with 3-4 mastered pieces of equipment and no money to buy the other stuf unless you grind.

I was really disappointed that they built up Isa in the book just to dismiss her for the entire game. They've also handled the transition really poorly. Oh well, hopefully we get another one, I enjoyed it too.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Alright, I beat the God King with every weapon type and I think I'm about to hit that money wall. *sigh*

Goddamn, I'm having trouble just with my 2nd playthrough. I cant beat the 2nd boss
it's the mech boss that I'm stuck at, didn't want to spoil that just in case
, I never do well against those large enemies without a weapon. My main strategy in Infinity Blade is usually to parry the hell out of everything but I don't understand how you can parry those type of enemies.

Mike M

Nick N
Goddamn, I'm having trouble just with my 2nd playthrough. I cant beat the 2nd boss
, I never do well against those large enemies without a weapon. My main strategy in Infinity Blade is usually to parry the hell out of everything but I don't understand how you can parry those type of enemies.

I don't think you can parry the attacks of that particular enemy type at all.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I don't think you can parry the attacks of that particular enemy type at all.

So just dodge, right? Still having trouble telegraphing the moves. What's funny is I've gotten XP challenge bonuses on that boss for parrying.

I never beat that particular boss with a heavy weapon, I either use dual blades and evade everything or sword and shield and block some of the attacks. You gotta use your gems and magic cleverly too and time your super. I almost never go into a boss fight without a healing ring, so boosting your magic stat helps.

Edit: Alright, Level 61, Bloodline 24 I think. Even the "cannonfodder" (which is just over Lv. 100 now) is breaking through my block, really annoying and I don't know how I can change that. The game has also gotten really janky somehow. Doesn't register hits or parries. Never had this before. Maybe I have to restart the game or my phone.

In other news, I got the Infinity Blade and unlocked all the equipments from the tomb
as I feared, nothing happened. Hopefully they add something in the content update. It just looks too suspicious.
Really enjoyed the game, despite its grindiness (which felt better than in IB1 due to enemy variety and the three fighting styles) and some obvious flaws. The story on the other hand needs some serious work. I'm perfectly fine with less exposure and more story through gameplay (I actually prefer it) but they've hit a weird middle here. The ending is terribly unsatisfying and I hate to wait for an update to experience the rest. I guess IB1 had that too but that was before they added all the background stuff and made me care about the story. At the risk of repeating myself, it's staggering how many "wasted" assets this game has. I like the look of the first area much more tbh. Just seems weird not to use your assets to the fullest for an iOS game.

Anyway, that's it with IB2 for now. I think I might go back to IB1 and unlock the rest until the expansion hits.

Aeana

No, you can't resell your weapons anymore unless you have more than one of the same. They took it out but balanced it out by giving you more money I felt. It took me about the same in IB1 as in IB2 to hit that wall where you're stuck with 3-4 mastered pieces of equipment and no money to buy the other stuf unless you grind.

I was really disappointed that they built up Isa in the book just to dismiss her for the entire game. They've also handled the transition really poorly. Oh well, hopefully we get another one, I enjoyed it too.

How do you grind? Is there some way to refight old enemies?

Aeana

Once you beat the game, you start it anew with all your stats, weapons, gold intact. You move up one bloodline and the bosses get stronger too.

I was able to do a "Restart Rebirth 1" from the menu and started over with my stuff too. So now I'm going back through the area I just went through with everything I earned before. Cool.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
So just dodge, right? Still having trouble telegraphing the moves. What's funny is I've gotten XP challenge bonuses on that boss for parrying.
Yeah, I also found that weird, as I only got parry challenges with them.

I was able to do a "Restart Rebirth 1" from the menu and started over with my stuff too. So now I'm going back through the area I just went through with everything I earned before. Cool.

Yeah that's possible too. Also useful, when you lose to a normal enemy, you can restart the last rebirth if you feel they're too strong. I switched between bloodline 6 and 7 for quite some time.

Berksy

Got update, just lost another save. What's the secret to not losing it?

As far as I understand, they are not lost. Game downloads data from iCloud to sync your save file. One for character data and one for place (last area you saved at). You can see them via options>iCloud. Sometimes game can't sync them which results in;
A) character at last saved place while level/item progress is lost
B) character with stats/item but in the intro area
C) no save at all

But it comes back somehow. Creating a new character might help.

Axion22

Turn it off in Documents & Data or in the app list?

All I've gotten is the game starting from the very beginning over and over, no matter where I left off. I can see the backups, but IB2 just isn't loading them.

Aeana

I didn't expect to like it nearly as much as I do. I'll have to think more about why I like it; it's very interesting either way. The parry thing certainly helps, though. It is widely known that I am a total sucker for timed parrying mechanics.

NekoFever

If you're on a Mac with Lion and iCloud set up, you can navigate to ~/Library/Mobile Documents (hidden by default, but just use Go -> Go to folder) and find the saves in the Infinity Blade II folder if you want to back them up. That folder's also backed up by Time Machine, so if your save gets overwritten or something it's easy to roll back to an older one.

Do I just suck horrendously, or is the heavy weapon style woefully unbalanced? Seems like there are a LOT of attacks that can't be parried OR blocked, leaving you with no choice but to eat the damage.
It definitely seemed way harder than the others; took me an age to get the achievement for winning a fight without taking damage, whereas the other two got it within the first couple of battles. It's made harder by the fact that whereas, say, a left dodge is effective against both attacks from the left and ones down the middle, with heavy weapons the only block that works against middle attacks is the middle one, forcing you to use three buttons where the others let you get away with two.

Axion22

No Mac. :(

I wouldnt even know which to roll back to, they're all about the same, I just want to be able to keep going.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Got update, just lost another save. What's the secret to not losing it?

Turn off documents + data in iCloud settings. The only other app that was using this was iTunes Movie Trailers, so I had no problems turning it off.

Any idea why I've completely lost sound effects in my game? I updated yesterday (or whenever the update came out... pretty much immediately), but this just started happening this evening. Also, I'm seeing a lot of slowdown in battles now. Odd, because it was working so well when I first got it.

On a 4S without too many apps on it.

Aeana

I restarted again to get enough money for the 15k dual weapons. Dual weapons are pretty awesome so far - I figured I'd go for it since I don't block anyway, I always parry or dodge. Really fun game.

Akkad

Banned
I don't remember the first game heating up my 4S like this, the back cover feels like it's on fire after playing this.

burgerdog

Just make sure you don't play the game and charge the 4S at the same time. I did that once and the back heated up in about 2 minutes.

colinp

Banned
Just make sure you don't play the game and charge the 4S at the same time. I did that once and the back heated up in about 2 minutes.

eh, I've been doing that but it's cold in my room so maybe that helps...? Hah, you guys are so touchy about these things.

PittaGAF

Did I finished the game properly?
No spoiler please, just a yes or no :)

I freed the Worker of Secrets, and he imprisonate me with the God King...then the game restarts and I'm in front of Sadhi again, but I retained level and gears..
I did not got the Infinity Blade, nor I did anything in the room with the various doors and weapon shapes....
Before returning (alone) to Sadhy...I saw ISA marching towards the castle when I'm prisoner....Infinity Blade 3?

Is this the plus mode?
Are there other endings?

BTW, ending or not, it was FREAKING EPIC AWESOME!!!!

Did I finished the game properly?
No spoiler please, just a yes or no :)

I freed the Worker of Secrets, and he imprisonate me with the God King...then the game restarts and I'm in front of Sadhi again, but I retained level and gears..
I did not got the Infinity Blade, nor I did anything in the room with the various doors and weapon shapes....
Before returning (alone) to Sadhy...I saw ISA marching towards the castle when I'm prisoner....Infinity Blade 3?

Is this the plus mode?
Are there other endings?

BTW, ending or not, it was FREAKING EPIC AWESOME!!!!

Yes, you finished the story part of the game. For now.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I get a well weird bug playing this on my iPad 2, it's probably related to a sync bug that iTunes is having where it can never finish a sync properly.

The game remembers my level and my money and equipment. But I start every time from that first checkpoint and have to start making my way up to the asian lady. I've done this three times now. I'm not doing it again. Very annoying.

PittaGAF

Yes, you finished the story part of the game. For now.

Thanks you....I'll try to re-do the ending (if possible)...

With the Infinity Blade...and unlock the tomb room...but I guess this is just for the plus mode...BTW I got no warning about this...cool tough.

I wonder if in IB3 we'll use ISA :)

Got to Level 18, tried to equip a new ring, the app crashed, I reloaded the game, my save was gone. Fuck you Chair, fuck you for wasting my time.

Top Bottom