• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infinity Blade II |OT| Swiping never felt so good

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
I restarted again to get enough money for the 15k dual weapons. Dual weapons are pretty awesome so far - I figured I'd go for it since I don't block anyway, I always parry or dodge. Really fun game.

Why do you keep restarting? Just play each 'Rebirth' to completion and it'll go into 'Rebirth 2' and 3 and so on with stronger enemies/better rewards.

Mike M

Nick N
I'm about ready to give up on heavy weapons. Non-stop "BROKEN BLOCK!" against just about EVERY enemy now, anything that can't be parried decimates the shit out of my HP.

Dual wielder and staff type just rape me nonstop with their kicks and punches. : (

derFeef

Finally got it to work, I have no idea what fixed it though. Anyway, the textures and framerate are bad, I suspecet that being a lot better on iPad 2 :/

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
The magic gesture is sorta screwed. I would do the healing gesture but like 40% of the time it would register as lightning? Wtf?

Aeana

Why do you keep restarting? Just play each 'Rebirth' to completion and it'll go into 'Rebirth 2' and 3 and so on with stronger enemies/better rewards.

Because I wanted to.
Plus the boss was level 25 and I was like level 4 and I have no idea what happens if you die in this game. I just beat him at level 10 and moved on to rebirth 2 today, though. I'm tearing through stuff for now; I love my dual hatchets.

- J - D -

Some fire graphics on chandeliers are no more. Only thing I could find as a change.

Okay, so they did excise some effects. Would it be possible that they removed some of the anti-aliasing?

The IQ overall seems to have taken a dip. To me, at least. I could be wrong.

Zeth

Just lost my level 42 save.

Even had iCloud document and data OFF (thanks Wario)

Started a new slot and restarted app, nothing. Shit.

Edit: I think I got it back by turning iCloud back on but I lost quite a few hours since I turned it off. Better than nothing. How does new game plus work?

Axion22

So, I kept playing with just the individual app disabled under the iCloud manage backup thing and left the Documents and Data files on.

I started a new character on the last slot. Everything was fine for about 18 hours. I got to level 15. Yay, fun!

Just now I fire it up after playing briefly a couple times today with no issue. It loads the dude sitting in the chair with the blue gem. "Great..." -me.

So it starts the intro with whats-her-face... I am level 15 facing a lvl 25 ronin at the beginning of the game. What?

Force kill the app, try again. Now I'm level 1 against a level 1 ronin. D'oh.

Reboot iPhone 4.

Load app. Level 1 again. Check all save slots... for some reason the first save slot is level 0, rebirth 1. The 2nd one is Active, level 1; rebirth 1. MY save slot, the last one is level 0, rebirth 1.

This f*cking game...

Yoshiya

Hmmm, having finished the game I don't know whether to persist with my original character and save up for the Infinity Blade etc or start in the NG+ slot. Thoughts?

PittaGAF

How do you start a + game?

I finished the game but it asked me nothing...it simply

...bought me back to the beginning, without ISA in first scene, with my level and gear.
I thought it was this the plus game...while I cannot master 2 times the weapons, it's much harder...and still loving it.

Loving the game.

Really scared about the lost save files. Have everything on default.

Playing on my ipad 2... does the game run better on the iphone 4S?

My iphone is pretty full and i don't know if i want to use the space.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Okay, this is getting ridiculous. I have a ring with shock and heal spell. Now it seems like 80% of the time I try to use heal, it registers as shock. I'm even tryin to do it a slow big gesture and it will still use shock. Wtf is this shit? This game is such a big disappointment. It's like they didn't bother testing

Mike M

Nick N
Okay, this is getting ridiculous. I have a ring with shock and heal spell. Now it seems like 80% of the time I try to use heal, it registers as shock. I'm even tryin to do it a slow big gesture and it will still use shock. Wtf is this shit? This game is such a big disappointment. It's like they didn't bother testing

Thorne ring?

Infinity Blade 1 had the exact same problem with that ring, and it never got fixed.

Infuriating that they'd do it again when they were already aware of the problem from the first game.

Between that, the save game issues, the constant crashing, and some really ill-thought out gameplay issues (Bonus XP challenges not being aware of context, the fucking AWFUL heavy weapon gameplay), I'm pretty bummed : (

Doubly so, because I'm pretty sure while they may eventually fix the save game bug and crashing issues, I doubt they'll ever touch the deficiencies in gameplay.

Mrbob

Yeah I'm waiting for a couple patches before playing this game anymore.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Thorne ring?

Infinity Blade 1 had the exact same problem with that ring, and it never got fixed.

Infuriating that they'd do it again when they were already aware of the problem from the first game.

Between that, the save game issues, the constant crashing, and some really ill-thought out gameplay issues (Bonus XP challenges not being aware of context, the fucking AWFUL heavy weapon gameplay), I'm pretty bummed : (

Doubly so, because I'm pretty sure while they may eventually fix the save game bug and crashing issues, I doubt they'll ever touch the deficiencies in gameplay.

So this is an old bug? Wow. This is hilarious.

Even with all these issues, I still want to play more (I'm close to level 60) but man I really have to look past these issues.

hyp

Hmm, I love the heavy weapons. :\

me too. I went straight to heavy weapons from the first rebirth and never looked back, I barely die because my attack power is beastly. stabbing dudes with a heavy mace is fuckin hilarious.

So this is an old bug? Wow. This is hilarious.

Even with all these issues, I still want to play more (I'm close to level 60) but man I really have to look past these issues.

LVL 60? Damn

Question to everyone:

Are you buying the weapons/equipment sequentially or buying the best your money can afford?

I for one buy sequentially and only skip or use others if they drop.

ced

I'm about ready to give up on heavy weapons. Non-stop "BROKEN BLOCK!" against just about EVERY enemy now, anything that can't be parried decimates the shit out of my HP.

Dual wielder and staff type just rape me nonstop with their kicks and punches. : (

I gave up on heavy at lunch, I just can't figure out the block, that or it just doesn't work. There are too many moves that cannot be parried.

hyp

I gave up on heavy at lunch, I just can't figure out the block, that or it just doesn't work. There are too many moves that cannot be parried.

from my experience the timing window for blocks is shorter when using heavy weapons. you seriously have to time it right before impact. I'm blocking just fine, even against those huge monsters.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
LVL 60? Damn

Question to everyone:

Are you buying the weapons/equipment sequentially or buying the best your money can afford?

I for one buy sequentially and only skip or use others if they drop.

Sequentially and max out/use drops while doing so.

While saving up for the Infinity Blade..

..which I just purchased, then went to the crypt and unlocked 3/6 items. Heh.:)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Just bought the most expensive dual wield weapon. ~890 damage per combo. Look at the damage...look at the damage

I was buying items sequentially. I just played new game+ Infinity Blade 1 last week and that's what I was doing, so I naturally just did the same when I started IB2. It's easier to level up the weak items first than leveling them up later on when everyone is level bullshit

Axion22

Well, decided to start again because I'm clearly insane.

Here goes level 0 for like the 5th time.

Get ready to laugh at my eventual missing save outrage post.

All iCloud crap is off. Here goes nothing.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Currently level 58, just bought the Infinity Blade. 1 super attack can kill a ~6-7k HP enemy, it's awesome haha. Gonna head to the tombs just to see what weapons it'll unlock and then hit New Game+. Don't feel like grinding money for the last set of weapons/armor.

TAfpl.jpg

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Oh wtf is this shit, I can only do new game + with my character on level 41 and not with my current 58. Why? God, disappointment after disappointment with this game.

Berksy

Oh wtf is this shit, I can only do new game + with my character on level 41 and not with my current 58. Why? God, disappointment after disappointment with this game.

Don't forget to hit level 60 for the achievement.

I am playing IB1 while waiting them to sort out the remaining bugs.

Chinner

Banned
honestly wario the amount of problems i've seen you encounter i'd figure you'd just stop playing it until it was patched lol

Lazy8s

The ghost of Dreamcast past
Does a character's Shield stat relate to the amount of damage they take when they're hit if they're dual wielding weapons?

So, does a dual wielder benefit from putting any points into their shield attribute (assuming they're not trying to make for a balanced character who could switch to the sword/shield combat style depending on the enemy type), or should all points they intend to use for their character's defense go into their Health?

Axion22

So far so good as far as saves.

Another question for dual wield: when is a good time to start? Whenever? The beginning, like a start from Rebirth 1?

I'm leveling up and I'm interested because I rarely use block. I looked at the damages in the store, and it looks to me like they scale similarly. Is that so, or does is it do x2 damage because it's dual wield?

eiskaltnz

So I just started up the game like normal and my save is totally gone... I was around level 30 which is not as much as many people but it is still quite a few hours.

I see that some people had the same problem, is there anything I can do or anyway to get my save data back?

Mike M

Nick N
So I just started up the game like normal and my save is totally gone... I was around level 30 which is not as much as many people but it is still quite a few hours.

I see that some people had the same problem, is there anything I can do or anyway to get my save data back?

Start a new character, go to character slots, and it will be there.

Axion22

How do u do a perfect parry?

If you swipe precisely against the angle of the incoming attack it will be Perfect. If you're slightly off, it's Great. And if the swipe is vaguely in the opposite direction of the attack, it's just a plain Parry.

Does anyone know what. Perfect Blocl is?

Mike M

Nick N
how's it run on the 3gs?

If you can get it to run, it runs OK for the most part. The third fight is a fucking slide show and it's incredibly hard to parry, outside of that it's maybe sliiiiightly below IB1's performance.

exYle

If you swipe precisely against the angle of the incoming attack it will be Perfect. If you're slightly off, it's Great. And if the swipe is vaguely in the opposite direction of the attack, it's just a plain Parry.

Does anyone know what. Perfect Blocl is?

Wait, that's the requirement? This whole time, I was under the impression that it was all about the perfect timing

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"

You can trick it into updating your NG+ save slot with your current character, but I don't remember on hand how. But yeah, it bases the NG+ stats on the first time you really beat the game, hence I'm holding off actually finishing the last boss while grinding up to 60 :p.

Edit: One-hitting mobs with magical fireballs is great. <3 high Magic stat, just as useful in IB2 as in IB1.

Axion22

Wait, that's the requirement? This whole time, I was under the impression that it was all about the perfect timing

Oh, good point. It certainly doesn't feeling like timing is it, though. Maybe? Seems like I've gotten some really late swipes that end up Great. If timing was it alone, that shouldn't have happened.

Mike M

Nick N
Save file is gone again and I can't seem to get it back.

I want to love this game, but they're making it awfully hard.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
You can trick it into updating your NG+ save slot with your current character, but I don't remember on hand how. But yeah, it bases the NG+ stats on the first time you really beat the game, hence I'm holding off actually finishing the last boss while grinding up to 60 :p.

Edit: One-hitting mobs with magical fireballs is great. <3 high Magic stat, just as useful in IB2 as in IB1.

If you remember, let me know. I'm holding off on playing it again until they fix it

exYle

Save file is gone again and I can't seem to get it back.

I want to love this game, but they're making it awfully hard.

Yep, just happened to me as well. I just beat the (final boss)
God King
, too, I was looking forward to continue leveling. /tear

Shaneus

Did anyone else manage to beat the last boss
GK
fairly easily? I did him on the first go, with... um... the last big, heavy sledgehammery-thing with a ring for healing and some shield or another. Just kicked off a slow healing (cheap) potion and at some stage during the fight did a magic heal and a magic attack thing.

I vaguely remembered that there was a game+ mode, and even got my hopes up
when that scene started with the chick walking along that path, figured that meant we'd get to play through as a different character. But instead, we play through with slightly tougher enemies and your powered-up guy. Major fucking letdown. Is that it?!?

Yeah, not sure I see what the fuss is all about. AI is non-existent (hence the ability to throw almost all the CPU at doing graphics stuff) and it's just the same counter-counter-counter-attackattackattack-block-counter that just repeats on and on and on. I suppose there's
that room with all the weapons you can unlock
but other than that, I don't see much that would make me come back, short of
playing through as another character

How would most of you rate it, should you give it a number? Personally, it'd hover around a 6.5/10.

BTW, on a 4S and it was my first experience with the IB franchise. After everyone was raving about it, I guess I expected more.

- J - D -

I just started my new game +. I beat the first run through at level 52, and now I've hit the money wall. I've so little cash that I've kept the same equipment on that I've mastered for 3 level-ups already. It's going to be a sluggish way up to the $600k required for the Infinity Blade.

I have the Gold+ 33% gem, but that's not enough.

I was pretty frustrated by this too until I started to activate it using a 'U' motion, no angles. Works 100% of the time.

Top Bottom