• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infinity Blade |OT| Free Updates TF2 Style, First Update Next Week

Is there any way to play with the same character in both the iPhone and the iPad. Got an iPad recently but didnt want to start a new character :|

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Jimmy Stav said:
I have a few achievement questions: how do you get 100 items in your inventory and still have enough money to buy stuff? Is there a point in which I should I actually try for this achievement? And how do you master an item twice? What's the trick to getting the achievement that asks you to find every treasure in one play through?

1) 100 items achievement - it doesn't require you to carry all 100 items at the same time, just aqumulate 100 unique items in total. You're free to sell excess items as you go along just fine.

2) Mastering an item a second time is only possible via "New Game+" following defeat of the final final boss in the basement. Wherein you get to keep your character's stats but reset back to Bloodline 1, beginner items and no gold (except in-app purchased) and all items you've previously mastered are able to be mastered once more.

3) The all gold bags one is just up to sheer luck, a keen eye and quick reflexes. Bags can appear in countless places during cutscenes, after opening chests (recheck areas previously empty), in paths you don't pick (eg. going into the well vs entering castle courtyard), or during the brief finishing cutscenes of a battle (and only then).

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Lol this game is fucking great. I entered the high-level dungeon before the Throne Room and have beaten everybody there except the last boss. At first I was trying to use new weapons but then I said fuck it, equipped mastered Infinity Blade and started beating the shit out of them. Really tough guys and creatures.

Then I started another bloodline and learned that there is another low-level dungeon. SWEET. Here I will master my new equipment.

Reese-015

Fuck. I love what comes after the awesome deathless knights... Haven't beaten what I think is the 'last' battle yet though. (after the... y'know... when the guy comes outta the... thing...)

Reese-015 said:
Fuck. I love what comes after the awesome deathless knights... Haven't beaten what I think is the 'last' battle yet though. (after the... y'know... when the guy comes outta the... thing...)
I found that one way easier than the fight immediately preceding it.

By the way, the new equipment that only becomes available after starting a new game+ is insanely expensive :(

And is it just me, or do enemies practically never drop equipment anymore on new game+, even with that new Item Drop++++ helmet? Once all my helmets are mastered, I'm probably switching back to Legion for the Gold+++ bonus.

NekoFever

ChackanKun said:
Is there any way to play with the same character in both the iPhone and the iPad. Got an iPad recently but didnt want to start a new character :|
Not officially, but if you use a program on your computer that gives you access to individual apps' files – I use PhoneView on my Mac – copying the save file between them works. You'll just have to transfer it back whenever you want to continue with the same character on the other device.

The file you're looking for on the iPhone is SwordSave.bin. Grab that from the iPhone and put it in the iPad's corresponding folder, then quit the game on the iPad (close it on the multitasking bar as well) and reopen it.

Meier

I've killed the God King 3 times now.. just about to hit level 44. How the heck do you guys get enough money to buy new items at this point and keep it fresh? Even with a Gold+++ item, I'm just not able to progress really...

I think that some kind of cloud saving system would be a REALLY good addition to GameCenter - especially as it gets extended to
Mac OS X Lion
Meier said:
I've killed the God King 3 times now.. just about to hit level 44. How the heck do you guys get enough money to buy new items at this point and keep it fresh? Even with a Gold+++ item, I'm just not able to progress really...
Honestly, Gold+++ is extraordinarily helpful. BUT - you have to recognize that the overall balance of the game is set up to make you really, really want to buy gold through the App Store. It sucks, and I'd rather pay $9.99 for a game with a decently balanced power curve that'd flow more smoothly, but that's how they were able to make Infinity Blade so cheap.

NekoFever

badcrumble said:
I think that some kind of cloud saving system would be a REALLY good addition to GameCenter - especially as it gets extended to
Mac OS X Lion
Agreed. I've got quite a few games that I want to play on my iPhone and iPad. There are some third-party solutions, though, like OpenFeint offering cloud storage (Galaxy On Fire 2 supports this for saves) and Broken Sword II letting you keep your saves in a Dropbox account.

Meier said:
One thing I'm sure everyone can agree with is that the parry system in this is a hot mess.
Eh, it's not bad. Most stuff can be parried, but the fact that there are moves that you need to dodge instead helps to keep you on your toes.

NekoFever said:
Not officially, but if you use a program on your computer that gives you access to individual apps' files – I use PhoneView on my Mac – copying the save file between them works. You'll just have to transfer it back whenever you want to continue with the same character on the other device.

The file you're looking for on the iPhone is SwordSave.bin. Grab that from the iPhone and put it in the iPad's corresponding folder, then quit the game on the iPad (close it on the multitasking bar as well) and reopen it.

Does it work on un-jailbreaked devices?

Edit:

Q: Does PhoneView require jailbreak? Does it modify the phone software?

A: No.

Nice!

Edit 2:

Q: Is there a Windows version of PhoneView?

A: At this time, PhoneView is Mac-only. We recommend TouchCopy for Windows users.

Ah man, PhoneView doesn't copy savegames :|

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
You can enable 'multiple character slots' in the Options menu, allowing for more than one character to co-exist. I haven't tried this myself but the feature was added in the 1.2 update.

NekoFever

The multiplayer update's out:

What's New In Version 1.3
NEW! CONTENT PACK #3 - Infinity Blade: Arena

ChAIR loves you, so we are giving you EVEN MORE awesome content - for free!
- Enter the Arena: Challenge your friends to multiplayer matches online via Game Center!
- Or play Survivor, and face off against a legion of Titans to see how far you can go!
- New Holiday Helms! A new helm for every season, ready to be played and mastered!
- Over two dozen new magic rings, swords, shields, and helmets! Collect and Master them all!
- And More! New Achievements, more Leaderboards, and some new surprises!
Infinity Blade is now better than ever!
Just installing it now :D

topramen

Just beat the
Original Ancestor

Epic game.

I got in a groove where I could crush the regs, and fight the deathless until I could beat
Eoleasum

I think this is my favorite iOS game, although new game+ doesn't appeal

Anyone who has beaten the final ending, do you think there will be another update?

Zzoram said:
Is it possible to sync game saves between iDevices somehow?

Dunno if this is possible due to the fact that I dont have an iPad...

But if your devices are jailbroken, you can download this free app on Cydia called DataDeposit.

It brings your save data onto Dropbox.

Install Datadeposit onto your iPad and load up your save from there.

Lazy8s

The ghost of Dreamcast past
Yeah, the storyline is still left plenty open.

infinity_blade_deathless_kings.jpg

I want more backstory on him.

I like that he was just sittin' there reading a book all intellectual-like before you mash it up.

Top Bottom