• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

Terrell

Shame no Hamill voice for the Joker
Was there ever a reason given for why that is? At this point, Hamill IS The Joker. At least they secured the best Batman voice though.

Play the Mortal Kombat story-mode. I hear it's really really good.

This man speaks the truth, although you really only get the most of it if you followed the storyline of the first 4 games, but preferably all of them just so you realize how amazing it really is and (spoiler)
how much of a cock-up it is for the living characters in any follow-up, now that Shinnok basically controls nearly every character because they're dead and now belong to Earth's Netherrealm. The whole thing plays out like a well-written tragedy. It's like Hamlet for gamers, in a way.
I'd go so far as to say it's one of the best-written stories of the 7th generation, which is a HUGE laurel to give it when you consider the source material it's working from.
The only thing I think could have made the story mode even better was a small story addition to tell it from the bad guys' perspective, since there's lots that probably could have been told there, too. But that's a horribly minor quibble.

Kizer

If thats loss thing is a situation thats happening, that is obviously a bug and there will be a day 1 patch. Probably fixing stuff like that. It was probably intended that the disconnecting player gets a loss.

Tizoc

The first link seems to just state that the ONLINE is 'region centric' or rather that you can only play against people from your region, so EU players vs. EU players only.
Only one post brings up Region Locking, as in an EU copy not working on a US PS3, and I don't see any additional mention of it in later posts.

ahm998

I am honestly surprised to see gaffers buying the game for the Wii U.

Don't get me wrong as a Wii U owner my console is starved of games, but purchasing a game which heavily relies on a strong online community is a bit crazy. Not to mention all the different fighting pads and sticks are on the market for the 360/ps3.

I'm picking this up for my PS3.
*free online + no pass code.
*better graphics + frame rate i am sure.
*Tv-off play.
*100% better than ps3 ver.

These positives make me buy wii u ver. For sure.

SmokeMaxX

*Tv-off play.

I'm not sure that it'll have better graphics and frame rate. It's hard for ports to compete even if the system being ported to is more powerful. Especially since the WiiU's architecture is both fairly new and foreign. I know what PR said, but a lot of company's PR has said a lot of things (see: Aliens: Colonial Marines). I hope it'll be better, but anytime a company doesn't release footage of a specific version of the game, I'm worried.

Ah, nice. I wasn't sure if Injustice had that older controller support until a few posts up. That's why I thought you had like 4 sticks or 4 Pro controllers haha.

Yup.

j152p7B50n7JW.jpg

*Tv-off play.

Don't do this.

ahm998

I'm not sure that it'll have better graphics and frame rate. It's hard for ports to compete even if the system being ported to is more powerful. Especially since the WiiU's architecture is both fairly new and foreign. I know what PR said, but a lot of company's PR has said a lot of things (see: Aliens: Colonial Marines). I hope it'll be better, but anytime a company doesn't release footage of a specific version of the game, I'm worried.
Already i played many games multi much better.
Tekken tag 2
Need for speed:MW
Call of duty BLOP2
Ninja gaiden 3

All these games much much better.

pixlexic

Banned
*Tv-off play.

The game was ported at the tail end of development. It will be a miracle if it runs as well as the others.

SmokeMaxX

Already i played many games multi much better.
Tekken tag 2
Need for speed:MW
Call of duty BLOP2
Ninja gaiden 3

All these games much much better.

I'm one of the bigger WiiU fans on here, but I'm pretty sure at least a few of those games run either equally to the other console versions or inferior to them (NFS being the exception, to my knowledge).

Pic said it supports CCPs but you said you only have CCs? Do you think it'll make a difference?

No, I don't think so. They're essentially the same thing, just buttons are laid out differently.

The GamePad and Pro will be the main controllers anyway.

BTW, what's your NNID?

ahm998

I'm one of the bigger WiiU fans on here, but I'm pretty sure at least a few of those games run either equally to the other console versions or inferior to them (NFS being the exception, to my knowledge).

All games i put in the comment above has better texture and this is enough for me and for the framerate it's good and enough for me.

Better we will wait and see for wii u ver.

SmokeMaxX

No, I don't think so. They're essentially the same thing, just buttons are laid out differently.

The GamePad and Pro will be the main controllers anyway.

BTW, what's your NNID?

SmokeMaxX. Feel free to add me (anybody), but it may take a while for me to confirm it since I don't get on it that much due to school. I'll def be playing some injustice on it though.

This man speaks the truth, although you really only get the most of it if you followed the storyline of the first 4 games, but preferably all of them just so you realize how amazing it really is and (spoiler)
how much of a cock-up it is for the living characters in any follow-up, now that Shinnok basically controls nearly every character because they're dead and now belong to Earth's Netherrealm. The whole thing plays out like a well-written tragedy. It's like Hamlet for gamers, in a way.
I'd go so far as to say it's one of the best-written stories of the 7th generation, which is a HUGE laurel to give it when you consider the source material it's working from.
The only thing I think could have made the story mode even better was a small story addition to tell it from the bad guys' perspective, since there's lots that probably could have been told there, too. But that's a horribly minor quibble.

Wow, that's high praise -- I'll have to check it out! I haven't really played an MK game since MKII tbh, I used to love it back in the day. Its rare I buy a fighting game these days but from what I've seen of this, I really like what they're doing

Effect

*Tv-off play.

Stop..... just stop. As a fellow Wii U owner just stop! No one has see anything regarding the Wii U version of this game. It could very well be complete and utter crap. Performing worse then other games that have already been released on the system. This is why I'm surprised with people buying it or at least being so eager to. It's a completely unknown entity.

In fact I fully expect the Wii U version to review lower then the others. I highly doubt it was developed along side the PS3 and 360 versions regardless of when it was announced. I actually wish people would hold on to their $60+ dollars until they see what they are actually buying.

VariantX

*Tv-off play.

Ok, off-tv play at least is a positive, but all this other stuff is just plain unconfirmed.

SmokeMaxX

Stop..... just stop. As a fellow Wii U owner just stop! No one has see anything regarding the Wii U version of this game. It could very well be complete and utter crap. Performing worse then other games that have already been released on the system. This is why I'm surprised with people buying it or at least being so eager to. It's a completely unknown entity.

In fact I fully expect the Wii U version to review lower then the others. I highly doubt it was developer along side the PS3 and 360 versions regardless of when it was announced. I actually wish people would hold on to their $60+ dollars until they see what they are actually buying.

I agree with the first half of your post, but not the second half. I want the WiiU version even if it is slightly inferior to the other versions visually. There are other factors involved. Would you say the same thing to someone wanting a PS3 version of a Capcom game or a 360 version of any other fighting game?

Effect

I agree with the first half of your post, but not the second half. I want the WiiU version even if it is slightly inferior to the other versions visually. There are other factors involved. Would you say the same thing to someone wanting a PS3 version of a Capcom game or a 360 version of any other fighting game?

I would say yes hold off on buying until you see what your buying if there was no demo, screen shots or video footage of that particular version. These are HUGE red flags.

Odinson

I would say yes hold off on buying until you see what your buying if there was no demo, screen shots or video footage of that particular version. These are HUGE red flags.

I agree. I've decided to get it on 360 and double dip later if the Wii U version turns out ok.

Ryce

There are 12 hours left until the first DLC character is revealed. Any last minute guesses? I've still got to go with Martian Manhunter.

Ryce

I didn't see Hawkman in the list but Hawkgirl was there. Maybe they'll add him in?
Ed Boon (jokingly) doesn't like Hawkman because of this, which is probably why Hawkgirl's in the game instead. I doubt he's going to be DLC; he would essentially just be Hawkgirl with less feminine movements.

Skilletor

Sure would. Performance is the most important thing in a fighting game.

given the Jay and Silent Bob commercials for this game, i would get a laugh out of seeing Bluntman and Chronic as characters, but im not holding my breath

ttocs

Ed Boon (jokingly) doesn't like Hawkman because of this, which is probably why Hawkgirl's in the game instead. I doubt he's going to be DLC; he would essentially just be Hawkgirl with less feminine movements.

That's a good point. And that comic is hilarious.

EDarkness

Exactly! Just seems like every time a publisher is being evasive, there's a reason for this. They've been avoiding the Wii U version like the plague. Everyone should go into this version of the game with a lot of skepticism. If it turns out well, great, but the red flags are there.

SmokeMaxX

Sure would. Performance is the most important thing in a fighting game.

Some would argue that the PS3 versions of Capcom games perform at a "close-enough" level compared to 360 games (many delusional ones would even say that they're identical). To them, probably what's more important is using the PS3 pad over the 360 pad or not having to pay to play online. There are a lot of factors. I just want more WiiU games for one. And for another, Off-TV play is the number one most important thing to me for this game. That's why I don't agree with saying "don't buy the WiiU version at all because it might perform worse visually."

Skilletor

Some would argue that the PS3 versions of Capcom games perform at a "close-enough" level compared to 360 games (many delusional ones would even say that they're identical). To them, probably what's more important is using the PS3 pad over the 360 pad or not having to pay to play online. There are a lot of factors. I just want more WiiU games for one. And for another, Off-TV play is the number one most important thing to me for this game. That's why I don't agree with saying "don't buy the WiiU version at all because it might perform worse visually."

I don't care about visually. MK on Vita running at 60fps is perfect.

60fps 60fps 60fps. Fuck framedrops in a fighter.

UMvC3 is TERRIBLE on certain levels, and even certain characters, on ps3. SF4/SxT have one frame input delay, but that's consistent. It's something you can count on.

My confidence in Wii U ports at this point is about the same as early ps3/360 ports. But everybody has their priorities. :)

Top Bottom