• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Serious question : how do you counter this? I saw the stream for a little bit, and the dude only lost when someone else picked deathstroke. I want to be ready to counter it, cause I'm sure that a lot of people are gonna be running deathstroke in the first few days.

The guys kept getting hit by his wakeup spinslash, which knocked them backwards. The bullets can be jumped over, only the grenade thing is an issue. But as mentioned, that's a meter burn and the player literally spent the entire meter on doing this. Clash was never used to take advantage of the player's lack of meter, which would have given a lot of health back.

Some of the stuff on that stream was the Harley player trying to outzone Deathstroke. It was clearly not working but the player kept trying it.

Khezu

Wasn't MK9's like 8 hours long?

MK was longer because you died a lot more, MK9's story mode was filled with a bunch of cheap bullshit, 1v2 matches, bosses with ridiculous and random super armor. Most people died at least 20 times in the Raiden vs Shaokhan match, I doubt anyone will die against Injustice's final boss.

All the people who streamed it, basically breezed through it.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
So what system y'all getting it on?
I'm goin ps3 so feel free to add me if ya wanna practice! PSN ID: TheTrinidad

Is it just me or the characters move a bit floaty&sluggish?

At least for MK9, it was in a lot of ways a 3d game confined to a 2d plane. The characters are more deliberate in their movement like in a Tekken or VF game than in a traditional 2d fighter, so that's why it's jarring for some people as they expect it to feel like other 2d fighters.

So I'm assuming we aren't getting any Wii U footage of the game until release, right? I think I'll wait for impressions before purchasing the game.

xclaw

How long does it typically take until the game of the year edition is out with all the "bonus" skin packs included?

pelican

I am honestly surprised to see gaffers buying the game for the Wii U.

Don't get me wrong as a Wii U owner my console is starved of games, but purchasing a game which heavily relies on a strong online community is a bit crazy. Not to mention all the different fighting pads and sticks are on the market for the 360/ps3.

I'm picking this up for my PS3.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
It's all goofy. It's like SFxT being balanced around gems. Just because it's in it doesn't make it good. Unblockables are so gimmicky

Gems are a slippery slope considering there's the DLC bullshit sprinkled throughout, and the hassle involved with setting it all up. The worst I can see this getting may get is a specific stage needing banned(I hear a lot about the pig), otherwise it just needs time to see how it is.

Gleethor

Don't get me wrong as a Wii U owner my console is starved of games, but purchasing a game which heavily relies on a strong online community is a bit crazy. Not to mention all the different fighting pads and sticks are on the market for the 360/ps3.

Online communities have to built. Someone has to contribute, and buying it on other systems does nothing to help the problem, so more power to those that do get it on Wii U.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
for people talking about gems in sfxt, I just want to say that I have never felt like I lost a game because someone had good gems. If I lose I blame 3 things. 1 myself for making bad decisions, 2 the opponent for just being better than me, or 3 lag.

I really feel like sfxt is a fair game that rewards skill and character knowledge.

DR2K

Banned
It's all goofy. It's like SFxT being balanced around gems. Just because it's in it doesn't make it good. Unblockables are so gimmicky

Characters have specific combos, mobility, and damage options from them. This isn't a pay to win scheme gone terribly wrong.

Dandy J

fortress of solitude seems to be a popular one for combos vids. from the left corner you get the space ship unblockable, filler, then another bounce into the other guy, then wallbounce -> whatever. im already sick of seeing that setup for every characters 'highest damage ____ combo' vids.

pelican

Online communities have to built. Someone has to contribute, and buying it on other systems does nothing to help the problem, so more power to those that do get it on Wii U.

That is a very idealistic way to look upon things, and you are correct. But building online communities is more down to Nintendo, not individual users compromising online play

pelican

I'm looking forward to Injustice this week. I just know the Doctor at the hospital today is still going to tell me I need to continue resting my hand due to my fucked tendons. Great. No decent games, and no cycling. Enjoy Injustice this week guys;p

Honestly the only thing I'm iffy about with stages and interactables are the asymmetrical ones. Could lead to a sort of P1 advantage again. Though maybe the built-in two player stage selection method alleviates this. But I think in theory they're good. Just like walls for wall combos and ring outs in 3D games, they add a layer to the game where the player really has to be mindful of their surroundings.

I'm looking forward to Injustice this week. I just know the Doctor at the hospital today is still going to tell me I need to continue resting my hand due to my fucked tendons. Great. No decent games, and no cycling. Enjoy Injustice this week guys;p

I fucked up my hand the night before my friends and I went to see the Avengers and a week before I got my new gaming PC. That sucked, and you have my condolences.

Yea im getting mine on 360 though..friends and all that jazz. Would be dumb to buy on Wii U and play alone when I have some friends on 360 that will have it.

Terrell

Yea im getting mine on 360 though..friends and all that jazz. Would be dumb to buy on Wii U and play alone when I have some friends on 360 that will have it.

I guess it comes down to some people placing higher value on off-TV play than playing online with a pre-established list of people.

SUPARSTARX

fortress of solitude seems to be a popular one for combos vids. from the left corner you get the space ship unblockable, filler, then another bounce into the other guy, then wallbounce -> whatever. im already sick of seeing that setup for every characters 'highest damage ____ combo' vids.

It's a great gimmick.

And horrible balance design.

M_A_C

I knew nothing about this game until I saw some streams today on Twitch. Knowing that it's made by Shadow Realm Games makes me want to try it out. Is there anyway this could be big with the pro fighting game scene? Marvel v Capcom makes no sense to me at all when I watch it or try and play.

I knew nothing about this game until I saw some streams today on Twitch. Knowing that it's made by Shadow Realm Games makes me want to try it out. Is there anyway this could be big with the pro fighting game scene? Marvel v Capcom makes no sense to me at all when I watch it or try and play.

If you like how Netherrealm games play then you won't have a problem with this. There's a demo out on PSN and Xbox Live if you want to try it.

This game will not surpass or even come close to Marvel or SF in terms of popularity in the competitive scene but it will be adopted by the MK community.

SmokeMaxX

I want to learn it on pad and I don't want to have to turn on everything just to practice Injustice. Plus, I don't play online anyway since for most fighting games it sucks. Just training mode and I'd prefer to be sitting at my desk practicing combos where I can just put the gamepad down and look up combos if need be. If I need to learn it on stick, I have the TvC stick for that.

I had no interest in this until I watched the first few chapters on YouTube... I've never seen storyline and cutscenes so well inter-woven with a fighting game before. That actually makes this kind of a radical title to me... Street Fighter and Tekken, things like that, are generally quite arcadey and quick to get from one fight to the next, but this looks to have meatier entertainment value than that: for characters so well loved, that's probably a great idea. Shame no Hamill voice for the Joker

The stuff they've added for the hardcore - like the frame information and stuff, knowing they've thought well about move cancels and things - makes me know I will suck balls at this online...

I think I'll probably put this on my LoveFilm list, and maybe buy it day one if I can afford it

SmokeMaxX

I had no interest in this until I watched the first few chapters on YouTube... I've never seen storyline and cutscenes so well inter-woven with a fighting game before. That actually makes this kind of a radical title to me... Street Fighter and Tekken, things like that, are generally quite arcadey and quick to get from one fight to the next, but this looks to have meatier entertainment value than that: for characters so well loved, that's probably a great idea. Shame no Hamill voice for the Joker

I think I'll probably put this on my LoveFilm list, and maybe buy it day one if I can afford it
Play the Mortal Kombat story-mode. I hear it's really really good.

I guess it comes down to some people placing higher value on off-TV play than playing online with a pre-established list of people.
Maybe. If I had the cash for both versions sure then but ive bought every fighter and played it with my friends this gen on 360 pretty much. SSFIV,mvc3,mk9,blazblue,mvc2,doa5, Im not treating this one any different.

I understand your reasoning. Mine is that I'm more interested in playing local multi than online. I have 4 controllers I can use on Wii U, while only 1 for the PS3 in my possession.

Off-TV play is another reason.

SmokeMaxX

I understand your reasoning. Mine is that I'm more interested in playing local multi than online. I have 4 controllers I can use on Wii U, while only 1 for the PS3 in my possession.

Off-TV play is another reason.

Four controllers for WiiU? What controllers do you have? Four TvC sticks? Four WiiU Pro controllers?

Holy shit, I read some really bad things about this game.

1. Ps3 version is region locked
2. When an opponent leaves the match (online) you get a loss

source: testyourmight.com

Can anyone confirm this?

EDarkness

I was just going to post this. Getting the game on the Wii U is one more person available to play with online. The more who jump in the easier it will be to find games.

SmokeMaxX

The game supports just about every combination of controllers from the Wii plus the Wii U Pro controller and the Game Pad.
??? Okay gamepad makes one. Maybe he has a WiiU Pro controller so that's two. TvC stick is three I guess. And then a classic controller? I just find it hard to believe he has multiples of any of those OR one of each. I supported the hell out of the Wii and WiiU and even I don't have FOUR controllers to play Injustice with. I have four WiiMotes, but you can't play Injustice with those.
Fake Edit: Oh I forgot the CC Pro.
Holy shit, I read some really worrying things about this game.

1. Ps3 version is region locked
2. When an opponent leaves the match (online) you get a loss

source: testyourmight.com

Can anyone confirm this?
I know pretty much nothing about this game, but there's no way that YOU get a loss when the opponent leaves the game. It's probably that they get an auto-loss.

EDIT: I'm getting this game on WiiU. I also preordered the 360 version pretty much just for the Battle Edition. I might try to sell that copy of the game though and just keep the stick.

Tizoc

Seriously? Interested if this can be confirmed?

Stop with the stupid region locking already. It's bad and companies doing it should feel bad.

None of the PS3 games released since January this year on the PS3 are region locked.
Really now the PS3's list of region locked games is only a handful last I checked @_@.

Top Bottom