• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

Yaari

I wish the Wii U version had a demo, I'd like to get this game for it, but I want to try the dpad for it first. How would you guys rank the Wii U dpad against the likes of 360/PS3?

Archon473

MK Tom Brady uploaded two combo teaser videos using almost every character. I'm not sure if either of these was the video he uploaded earlier this weekend but quickly deleted. BEWARE, these videos show basically every stage and alternate costume. I was foolish to watch it as it revealed a couple stages and a ton of costumes I'd never seen (I should probably get the hell out of this thread as well, heh).

Keep an eye on Tony-T's channel. Apparently he's got a 100% Superman combo constructed.

I wish the Wii U version had a demo, I'd like to get this game for it, but I want to try the dpad for it first. How would you guys rank the Wii U dpad against the likes of 360/PS3?

Wii U >>>>>> PS3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>//>>>>>>>>>>>>>>360

TDLink

Nintendo is the only company allowed to have real d-pads due to their invention and patent of it so of course they are going to have the best one.

DR2K

Banned
Wii U >>>>>> PS3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>//>>>>>>>>>>>>>>360

Nonsense.lol

PS3 Dpad allows for any motion with ease. Ive always found the dpads for Nintendo to feel clumsy and cheap in comparison.

Ok, but we're talking specifically about the Wii U one. Nintendo has had many different d-pads, even recently. For instance, I would never recommend say, the 3DS d-pad. Have you tried the Wii U's d-pad?

RetroMG

So, I went to Gamestop the other day to finish paying this off, and the guy told me I had only ordered the regular edition. I tried to upgrade to the CE, but the guy tells me their out, they only have the Battle Stick Edition. I decide not to pay $150 for it, but a day or so later I get a larger check than I expected, so I go back to upgrade.
The same guy tells me he can't upgrade it now, but he'll have an extra copy on launch day for PS3 that he'll hold for me. (I was going to get it for 360, but whatever, I don't REALLY care.)
Today I get a text saying that my copy of Injustice CE will be available on Tuesday.

WTF?

Xevren

I got a text saying my CE will be ready for midnight even though I went with standard. I really wouldn't worry about it too much. Though I've never had any problems with my Gamestop.

DR2K

Banned
Ok, but we're talking specifically about the Wii U one. Nintendo has had many different d-pads, even recently. For instance, I would never recommend say, the 3DS d-pad. Have you tried the Wii U's d-pad?

Demo stations, yes. Better than 360, obviously.

So, I went to Gamestop the other day to finish paying this off, and the guy told me I had only ordered the regular edition. I tried to upgrade to the CE, but the guy tells me their out, they only have the Battle Stick Edition. I decide not to pay $150 for it, but a day or so later I get a larger check than I expected, so I go back to upgrade.
The same guy tells me he can't upgrade it now, but he'll have an extra copy on launch day for PS3 that he'll hold for me. (I was going to get it for 360, but whatever, I don't REALLY care.)
Today I get a text saying that my copy of Injustice CE will be available on Tuesday.

WTF?

As someone who used to work there, it sounds like you possibly have two copies preordered under two accounts.

I used to have customers who have this happen all the time. Customer comes in, preorders X, comes back, different employee, employee says "i dont see X here blah blah blah"

Ask them to look for any preorders under your last name instead of phone number. If not that, ask them to go in and check for your name under the pre order list for the collectors (a manager/shift leader can do this)

I used to have customers who have this happen all the time. Customer comes in, preorders X, comes back, different employee, employee says "i dont see X here blah blah blah"

Yeah, I tend to pre-order a lot, and a few years back I ended up with like, five accounts under my name at one point.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Watching the stream and nobody uses wager mode. Looks like it's completely useless.

I envy you guys who are able to get your copy at midnight. I have work and school this week (final semester before I graduate with my Bachelor's degree!) and I also preordered my Battle Edition online :/ (my location couldn't reserve it anymore). I'm hype for the game and going to order the comics for my Kindle tonight so I can be caught up with the storyline behind the game.

Sorian

Banned
I don't ever have my card with me. I probably should, but I just give the guys my phone number.

That came out wrong.

Yes it did :p

If you are going to continuously forget the card then memorize the card number and give them that instead of the phone number. I buy from Gamestop too and I'll be the first to say how incompetent they are. Easier to just make it so there is no way they can pull up the wrong account.

Watching the stream and nobody uses wager mode. Looks like it's completely useless.

It's negative day one play. They have no clue what they're doing.

Wager is great. Love the mind games. So many mechanics in this game are tied to meter yet you need life/can't afford to let them get life.

Alucrid

Banned
I wish the demo let you go into training to get a better feel for the combat. Feels a bit more fluid than MK though, so that's nice.

Just played the full game today at an Injustice event in Toronto. The character traits and environmental attacks were surprisingly a lot more varied than I thought they would be. Gore was obviously at a minimum but Deathstroke and black adam are my favs atm.

Also Ed Boon was there and did free autographs/pictures for an hour. So I got my snes signed lol. Should have gotten my old cartridges signed too. ah well.
9IIH2hOl.jpg

1Eh1Rz3l.jpg

GeoNeo

I disagree.
Not normally playing MK games could someone please link or explain to me how the input buffer works in this game? It feels very alien to me so having a better understanding of it would help.

Just played the full game today at an Injustice event in Toronto. The character traits and environmental attacks were surprisingly a lot more varied than I thought they would be. Gore was obviously at a minimum but Deathstroke and black adam are my favs atm.

Also Ed Boon was there and did free autographs/pictures for an hour. So I got my snes signed lol. Should have gotten my old cartridges signed too. ah well.

Was going to go but didn't have money to get down to Toronto for the day :(

pixlexic

Banned

9IIH2hOl.jpg

1Eh1Rz3l.jpg

that is awesome.

How does this happen, don't people use the card system?

I'm talking about back before the Power Up Rewards was "a thing". Before that, they just took your name and phone number, and if they didn't know you were a repeat customer, you could end up with several accounts.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I was watching a stream earlier where a horrible deathstroke player was wiping the floor with a lobby, literally just spamming full screen shooting and the meter burn grenade. When the players would get close/knock him down, he would always do the same wakeup attack. Seeing the chat freak out was hilarious, already calling for his nerfs. There will probably be a lot of people attempting stuff like this but it didn't seem like it would be effective, people really need to adapt to shit instead of constantly hounding for alterations.

Jagxyz

I was watching a stream earlier where a horrible deathstroke player was wiping the floor with a lobby, literally just spamming full screen shooting and the meter burn grenade. When the players would get close/knock him down, he would always do the same wakeup attack. Seeing the chat freak out was hilarious, already calling for his nerfs. There will probably be a lot of people attempting stuff like this but it didn't seem like it would be effective, people really need to adapt to shit instead of constantly hounding for alterations.

Serious question : how do you counter this? I saw the stream for a little bit, and the dude only lost when someone else picked deathstroke. I want to be ready to counter it, cause I'm sure that a lot of people are gonna be running deathstroke in the first few days.

Serious question : how do you counter this? I saw the stream for a little bit, and the dude only lost when someone else picked deathstroke. I want to be ready to counter it, cause I'm sure that a lot of people are gonna be running deathstroke in the first few days.

Punish his unsafe wakeups (like that twirling sword move). Stay on him when he's down (I saw a lot of people getting a knockdown but then backing away again). Watch for habits and time your jump/movement.

Or pick someone like Killer Frost, who I've recently been playing. She has a half-screen slide that hits low that you can combo off of easily. She has that silly command grab. She has an easy cross-up. She has an air dash. She's way more fun than I expected and I have a feeling that her trait lends itself to a lot of combo creativity down the line.

I wouldn't worry about anything looking too powerful right now as it's still day 0 of Injustice and a lot of characters are unexplored or unrepresented in the current streams that have been playing the game.

Top Bottom