• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

shaowebb

Progress Shot of Duffman Bane.

Still mapping out where all the areas on Bane's mask, lenses and body are but so far the DUFFMAN Bane Mod is coming along nicely. Here's a preview image. I'll keep playing with areas of his UV Map till I can get it straight where everything needs to go. Im having to hand paint him a Duffman Lucha mask complete with sideburns, shades and ballcap.

jrDkRUa.jpg

Gonna learn MK Color Editor first chance I get so I can turn the venom to Beer. After I skin the cans to be Duff cans.

Bleepey

Progress Shot of Duffman Bane.

Still mapping out where all the areas on Bane's mask, lenses and body are but so far the DUFFMAN Bane Mod is coming along nicely. Here's a preview image. I'll keep playing with areas of his UV Map till I can get it straight where everything needs to go. Im having to hand paint him a Duffman Lucha mask complete with sideburns, shades and ballcap.

jrDkRUa.jpg

Gonna learn MK Color Editor first chance I get so I can turn the venom to Beer. After I skin the cans to be Duff cans.

I'll love you if you did a Zangief or a SF character skin.

shaowebb

Trying to do a female alt for Raven and its hard. Her mesh cannot be accessed so her face cannot be resculpted. I have to do it ALL in specular maps and texture maps. Im tweaking Diff and Spec files to try and bend light to create shadows and highlights on her face the way crossdressers use makeup to resculpt their jawlines and such.

I made the lips fuller, pulled in the cheek shadows to frame her features in a less box like manner, COMPLETELY moved her fucking eyebrow back down onto her brow since before it was above it adding a harsh backline that made it pop out like a Man Brow on Piccolo, played with the shadowy lines around her sneer to make her look less old and lowered the shadow on her chin and move the highlighting to make it look less long, and also added eye outlines on her upper lid and highlighted abover her lashed to make her eyes seem bigger and more feminine.

She used to be this without any makeup to help contour her features.

vXeQTIG.png

CG Makeup art. Woo...shes pure hell man. Not ready yet but heres my in progress shot.

6ZedLTD.jpg

EDIT: Im still tweaking her makeup tricks but Im up to this now...

xIfwHyx.jpg

shaowebb

Its as good as it gets without making her look like she's working a corner. I can't soften her more than this, but she looks passably female now save for when the game explodes light everywhere and the damned materials on the mesh washout my makeup and reveal that chin and manjaw. If I push her further than this with makeup tricks she just sort of looks like way too colorful...like that trashy girl who wears too much makeup in too many bright tones we've all seen before that smells like cigarettes and yeast infections.

I can't get the DLC maker process to work right...Im all thumbs at this. If you or someone else could set up this file as a DLC for folks so they dont have to replace the original Raven go for it. If not...well...I doubt anyone wants to keep the original anyhow and all this file is, is a face mod.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dd7avqrmx9pbi8e/CHAR_Raven.xxx

stn

Hey folks, small favor to ask. If anyone is willing to share their WBID account so I can access Knightfall Bane for 360, please let me know! I got the iOS game yesterday, rated it, and the skin didn't unlock. I think I'm screwed?

Would greatly appreciate the help. Thank you in advance.

vg260

Hey folks, small favor to ask. If anyone is willing to share their WBID account so I can access Knightfall Bane for 360, please let me know! I got the iOS game yesterday, rated it, and the skin didn't unlock. I think I'm screwed?

Would greatly appreciate the help. Thank you in advance.

There's a thread on reddit with a shared account to link to for these. I don't have access to it atm.

stn

If you could point me in the right direction I'd greatly appreciate it! I've never been to Reddit until just now, it looks random and quite...chaotic. Thank you!

Irish

I've had a ton of fun with this game so far. It's probably my most played game on PS4 outside of ACIV and I've only touched the singleplayer stuff so far (and a few rounds of local VS). I've completed the story mode and finished Classic Battle with every character for the endings, but I still need to try out the S.T.A.R. Labs stuff. Definitely had as much fun with this as I did MK 2011.

This really got me excited for whatever NetherRealm is working on next.

_____

Man, there is a ton of amazing concept design for a good portion of these characters that I really wish had ended up in the game. That weird, tribal alien looking Hawkgirl was by far my favorite. There were a bunch of Batman concepts that used a lot of blue that looked surprisingly great as well and I don't generally like that color with the Bat. A few used gold accenting on Batman to great effect which I haven't seen in a while. Some interesting Flash ones too.

I don't know, I guess I'm just a sucker for character concept art.

The Hawkgirls I liked:

So I just got the Vita version and I haven't been able to find anyone in Ranked matches. I did find someone in player matches but he was a complete dick and hid his cursor after I picked my character. Plus he was about 40 levels higher than I was.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
So I just got the Vita version and I haven't been able to find anyone in Ranked matches. I did find someone in player matches but he was a complete dick and hid his cursor after I picked my character. Plus he was about 40 levels higher than I was.

I rarely find anyone to play on Vita. Same with PS4. Picked up the PC version yesterday for $20 and it was just as empty. Guess nobody plays this anymore.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I usually play player matches or look for lobbies. The lobbies are barren and I end up getting matched up with the same few people in player matches.

Maybe I should try ranked for a while- the lack of people to play pretty much killed my interest in this game.

stn

I'm at my wits end with this iOS bullshit, I've tried too many accounts to no avail. If anyone has all the iOS unlocks (Batman Beyond, Bane Knightfall, etc...) and is willing to share, please PM me. I just need a working account for 2 seconds to get the skins.

I just can't stand playing the glitchy, shitty iOS game anymore. Not to mention I got glitched out of getting the Knightfall Bane costume. Thank you in advance!!

SeanR1221

Got the ps4 version for Christmas and made it through the story in two days. I don't know a lot about DC but I thought it was awesome. Love the stage destruction.

shaowebb

Most we can do is repaints and specular map dickery to perform makeup tricks on costumes. We can't add or remove geometry on models...whatever they did to the engine when they modified it added so many bizarre code strings apparently that the hackers are having a hard time figuring out how to actually extract the models and then get them back in if they change things.

Least thats the way it was described to me by some MKsecrets hackers.

Most we can do is repaints and specular map dickery to perform makeup tricks on costumes. We can't add or remove geometry on models...whatever they did to the engine when they modified it added so many bizarre code strings apparently that the hackers are having a hard time figuring out how to actually extract the models and then get them back in if they change things.

Least thats the way it was described to me by some MKsecrets hackers.

Damn, I knew there had to be a catch to how good modding Injustice was sounding so far.

shaowebb

Damn, I knew there had to be a catch to how good modding Injustice was sounding so far.

The upside is you dont need to be an animator to do this. Just get the dds plugin for photoshop if you got it, follow the step by step tutorial and you can unlock and paint up your own customs and then reinject them into the game.

Schuhu

Neo Member
Got this on steam the other day and have some issues with it which I think are somehow related to each other:
1: My graphics auto config seems to be broken, goes down to a 640x480 resolution with all settings on low
2. I have stable 60fps in single player and practice with my settings but as soon as I go online the game is locked at 30, even in the menu.

Any ideas how to fix that?

FYC

Banned

Well, I have the Vita version if any of y'all wanna play.

However, I am absolute garbage. Like, really really bad. I'm essentially a punching bag :p

Vita version is solid though. I'm enjoying it a lot.

Picked this up during the Steam sale and have a question.

I use the 360 controller for PC games that allow it but it seems incredibly rough on this game. The d-pad is obviously less than optimal and the stick's dead zone is wacky. Are there other preferred controllers for PC play or is there a good way to change the stick's dead zone so I can customize the feel better for play? I was having a hell of a time pulling off proper moves and constantly having it think I was doing up-diagonals when I just wanted forward or back. I was able to get through all the tutorial stuff with some work but once I started fighting matches it was an absolute mess.

Otherwise seems really neat. Looking forward to putting more time into it between other Steam games.

Ryce

Seems like everything he has is recycled from another character.
Really? At first glance his super reminded me of Wonder Woman's, but they're actually really different. He definitely has some unique animations, which is odd for an iOS character.

Khezu

Really? At first glance his super reminded me of Wonder Woman's, but they're actually really different. He definitely has some unique animations, which is odd for an iOS character.

It's WW's super from a different angle, and then it goes into Ravens super.

All of his normal attacks are bits and pieces of other characters.

I got the game again for PS4, and I have a new WBID now, so I had to try some of that trickery again, and so far it hasn't unlocked anything. I remember that sometimes there were delays in unlocking that stuff on 360. I hate this frustrating crap and wish they had just put those costumes on the disc.

vg260

So I picked up the Vita version on the PSN sale.
What the hell are these developers smoking when they design the button configs for fighting games. It drives me absolutely crazy when they cripple them or design them with complete lack of thought.

So they allow you to map flip stance to any button including the right stick, but not the throw function to a single button like the console versions. So I have to use the default button layout to hit two button at once to throw, which means I can't use the typical pad configuration I use. I like L=Square, M=Triangle, H=circle. You can't hit Square + circle to throw on a pad that way, but on the console version you can map throw to a button. Yet they have the right stick completely wasted on a useless flip stance function and can't map throw to it. Why? Who needs a button wasted on flip stance? Let me use it for an actual function. It's so completely stupid. It irritates me so much. Configuring you buttons in fighters to your liking is crucial. I swear to god, I don't know how so many devs screw this up. So stupid.

Just copy the Skullgirls method for every fighter from now on. It's perfect.

MazeHaze

Banned
I could have sworn there was an attack with Shazam where lightning strikes him and he turns into Billy for a split second, but I can't find it anywhere. Am I going crazy? Can someone help me out with this?

Xevren

I could have sworn there was an attack with Shazam where lightning strikes him and he turns into Billy for a split second, but I can't find it anywhere. Am I going crazy? Can someone help me out with this?

Round transition when you take away your opponents first life bar. Not an actual move.

The Light

Man i cannot get Hearculean Might to come out in a combo to save my life. The thing that gets me is the combo is so simple. Its 2, 2, HM. How am i failing at this? In training mode I do it alone the input shows as 2364 sq and works yet every time I try with that combo it does not come out even though it shows the input on screen.

Edit:
Hmm can do it just fine on pad. Must be my timing that is off on stick.

Khezu

There was a hotfix today, fixed Sinestro and Batgirls bullshit.

It also kind of inderectly nerfed Lex and Joker because it was a universal system fix.

All combos off of a pushblock now do 0% damage.

I played this game for about 3 or 4 months, and I really do like it but I just got tired of the obnoxious hitboxes, easy as hell top tier characters (supes, green lantern, batman), and muted, ugly look of the game. But I have to admit, wrecking people with Shazam used to be a lot of fun. Not a lot of people know how to play against him, so people get nervous I feel like.

Nightwing, the Flash, and Martian Manhunter were all real fun to play also. I sold this game a while ago but I might pick it up again when I get a PS4. does it look any better than the last gen versions?

Batgirl got nerfed? I can go back to playing online using someone other than Deathstroke and Scorpion? Fantastic, can't wait to not get constantly grabbed anymore

Khezu

Batgirl got nerfed? I can go back to playing online using someone other than Deathstroke and Scorpion? Fantastic, can't wait to not get constantly grabbed anymore

No that's still a thing.

They removed a bug that she had that was hilariously broken.

She could put phantom bolas on you even if you are blocking, and if you moved or did anything other then block, she could trigger it and punish you.

Outside of that, she is still a completely stupid character.

shaowebb

No that's still a thing.

They removed a bug that she had that was hilariously broken.

She could put phantom bolas on you even if you are blocking, and if you moved or did anything other then block, she could trigger it and punish you.

Outside of that, she is still a completely stupid character.

Whats so stupid about forcing a total ground game in a game where so many characters have horizontal ground approaches that involve armor or strong horizontal zoning control over her?

stn

Not many characters can zone Batgirl, if any at all. I play Deathstroke, whose zoning is vastly overrated, and she buries him. One of his worst matches next to Flash, IMO.

Top Bottom