• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

Finally got home and 7 mins until my Steam download is finished. Not liking what I'm reading :(
It actually runs really well despite the hiccups. I get some slow down during clashes with max AA and I don't know why, so I had to turn it down a couple of notches. If I could get it to run in Crossfire I wouldn't have to do that.

KWp3Ac2.png

Now if only I could get downsampling working on these drivers.

Degen

Just ordered Ultimate. Game should get here Friday

My future Grundy is ready for yall scrubs. Gimme them lag tactics lol

ZeroX03

Banned
Here are some stills I captured. The difference is massive...but when actually playing the game and seeing it in motion, not much of a difference.

1st = Xbox 360 ver
2nd = PC Low Settings
3rd = PC Max Settings

26f6.png

g05k.png

5oz1.png

vg260

Does the PC version have windowed mode? I'm guessing no since MK didn't.

Oh that's good. Better than MK. It's the only game I can think of that doesn't allow it. Sad they just kinda dumped that port out and moved on.

Honestly, having 1080p 60fps AND AA is worth the launch price tag. I wish I could run it at a higher res, but AMD hates downsampling. Also trying to get SweetFX working.

If they actually fix multi it's the definitive version for me. Otherwise it's money wasted. Thank god I still have the PS3 version. :(

http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791434357564/announcements/detail/1928959864664812926

Fingers crossed, but how is the netcode itself once connected?

Oh that's good. Better than MK. It's the only game I can think of that doesn't allow it. Sad they just kinda dumped that port out and moved on.

Fingers crossed, but how is the netcode itself once connected?
From what tiny bit some guy streamed yesterday it looks fine, at the very least on par with the console versions.

missed it but BROOOOO, hows it look on PS4?

Not too much different to be honest. It also still seems to have the same frame rate issue, at least, when I do the Batcave transition to the lower portion. Haven't tried the online yet as there aren't a lot of people on yet of course.

Cross-posting from the Ultimate Edition thread.

Heads-up! Looks like the PS4 "exclusive model" is New 52 Black Adam. I'm not sure if anyone has been asking for this, but Black Adam could benefit from another costume.

Is this confirmed? DLC or unlocked from the start? All I see for Black Adam are his regular and Regime outfits unlocked from the start.

Is this confirmed? DLC or unlocked from the start? All I see for Black Adam are his regular and Regime outfits unlocked from the start.

The U.S. Playstation Blog mentioned an "exclusive model" in their blog update this week. PS4 ONLY. I'm not sure if it's unlocked from the start however, there were no further details. There are no new costumes from what you have seen?

EDIT: This is from the blog post.

With more than a hundred completely custom character models (and even a new PS4 exclusive model), six awesome DLC characters including General Zod and Lobo, and 60 completely custom S.T.A.R. Labs Missions, Injustice Gods: Among Us Ultimate Edition is truly an awesome deal. Whether it’s on PS3, Vita, or the brand new PS4, we’re thrilled to have had this opportunity to work with PlayStation to provide an incredible experience that is tailored to take advantage of your platform of choice.

The U.S. Playstation Blog mentioned an "exclusive model" in their blog update this week. PS4 ONLY. I'm not sure if it's unlocked from the start however, there were no further details. There are no new costumes from what you have seen?

I don't see a New 52 Black Adam when I select costumes for him, only regular and Regime. I haven't unlocked anything in the Archives yet but all I see is his Regime costume. I'm on the PS4 version.

I'll see if I can dig around, maybe I missed it. But all the costumes seem to be unlocked from the start, everything from the story mode outfits to the Blackest Night/Amecomi/etc dlc costumes. If there is a New 52 Black Adam or some other exclusive, then it's not unlocked from the start it seems.

I'm on the disc version. Maybe it's an exclusive in the downloadable version?

I don't see a New 52 Black Adam when I select costumes for him, only regular and Regime. I haven't unlocked anything in the Archives yet but all I see is his Regime costume. I'm on the PS4 version.

Hmm. That's weird. You'd think that with everything else being unlocked from the start, this would be too. Maybe it's a miscommunication? Either that or it's DLC? There's also the possibility that VentureBeat is wrong and the "exclusive model" is not New 52 Black Adam.

The PC Port has a massive issue for those with weaker rigs like mine.

It seems like the double buffered Vsync employed automatically dumps the framerate to 30 FPS right away if it ever dips below 60 FPS instead of the variable framerate previously employed in Mortal Kombat. You can't turn it off either, since there isn't an option in the settings menu.

Also, the way the engine works, if your framerate ever dips below 60 FPS, the game looks like it's running slow motion.

That meant that I had to be a lot more stricter with the settings, and had to bump down resolution to 720p to get a constant 60 FPS experience, and turn off shadows, instead of the Low Shdows, 945p I could apply to Mortal Kombat, since it had a variable framerate limiter.

PC port multi is fixed, I've been playing online for the past couple of hours with little to no issues. Just a couple of dropped games.

This game is very sensitive to lag though (the console version is the same) so if you play against someone with either a bad connection or a bad PC, it shows. Aside frolm that, it looks and plays amazingly.

Khezu

New52 Black Adam skin is real, and exclusive to the PS4 version.

In order to get it, you have to connect it to the Iphone game.

Oh also, those Iphone skins are not in the Ultimate edition.

Some serious bullshit all around.

vg260

Wha? You mean not at all or only if you have them unlocked in the iOS version?

Khezu

I mean not by default. You have to still unlock them with the iphone game.

It's just weird they are not in the game from the start, like every other costume.

vg260

The Android app is out. For some reason it's not compatible with my phone, an HTC One. Fantastic. It's not like it's not a modern phone. Does WB have some sort of Samsung exclusivity?

The 1080p makes a difference. Might not to my friends but I can tell everything is clearer.

Didn't Boon himself say ALL the outfits were unlocked at the start? Big reason I got this is because of not having an iphone and not having the Batman Beyond or OG Bane skin. None of these are available while everything else (other than 52 BA) is.

Carm

Some serious bullshit all around.

The Android app is out. For some reason it's not compatible with my phone, an HTC One. Fantastic. It's not like it's not a modern phone. Does WB have some sort of Samsung exclusivity?

The 1080p makes a difference. Might not to my friends but I can tell everything is clearer.

Didn't Boon himself say ALL the outfits were unlocked at the start? Big reason I got this is because of not having an iphone and not having the Batman Beyond or OG Bane skin. None of these are available while everything else (other than 52 BA) is.

I'm just gonna leave this right here...
Make sure to create your own WBID first and link it, so you can go back to your own. Not sure if it really matters though.
*runs off to lose to the computer on medium some more*

Edit: Not sure if it works with PS3,WiiU or Vita. Works on Steam though.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Anyone with the ps3 version try to upgrade yet? My code still isn't working so I'm not sure if it's still not loaded on psn or if I have a screwed up code

Edit. Talked to @askplaystation and it's coming soon today

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
This is cross play with the PS3 servers right? Debating between this and Knack or AC4 since I skipped out on the PS3.

No, no cross-play. I didn't have too much trouble finding ranked and player matches last night, albeit against the same handful of people. Lobbies were dead.

And man, it was all Batgirl players. What happened to the endless Scorpions, lol.

vg260

I've been debating on this PS4 and/or PC version, but still can't make up my mind. Can anyone speak to the PS4's improvements? Texture quality, AA, and does the frame rate stay 60 throughout all the super and transitions?

I just feel like there's gonna be a big sale on the PC or like this is gonna be one of the first PS4 Plus games. It's what's keeping me from pulling the trigger.

macewank

So.. Talk me off the ledge here guys.

Am I the only one who feels like Netherrealm and WB are giving a big hearty "fuck you" to early adopters of PS3 Injustice? Why is the Ultimate Edition the only one eligible for upgrade to PS4?

Those of us who bought the game and DLC's are basically getting a giant middle finger and an expectation of another $59.99 purchase if we want to upgrade our game to the PS4 edition, but folks who waited and bought Ultimate get to do it for $10?

That doesn't seem right to me? Am I missing something?

I've been debating on this PS4 and/or PC version, but still can't make up my mind. Can anyone speak to the PS4's improvements? Texture quality, AA, and does the frame rate stay 60 throughout all the super and transitions?

I just feel like there's gonna be a big sale on the PC or like this is gonna be one of the first PS4 Plus games. It's what's keeping me from pulling the trigger.

It's not a dramatic leap forward so if you're content to wait for a Steam sale or for it to go into PS+ for PS4 then I'd say that's a sound decision.

That doesn't seem right to me? Am I missing something?
Yeah, it sucks to have to buy the Ultimate version and not just be able to upgrade.

dubq

The original PS3 game was out in April.. all of the upgrade games are coming out on or near launch of the PS4.. there was no way they were going to offer an upgrade for the barebones game that came out 7 months ago.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
If I just want to print out a list of moves and combos and stuff for every fighter, is there a good source? I've found some lists but they seem to require clicking through a bunch of pages. Just some single-print strategy-guide equivalent would be nice. (I actually would be a strat guide just to have a nice printed move list but heard the guide for this game doesn't even accomplish that.)

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Well. All of the ps4 servers are empty still. Guess no one bought this game.

CALLING ALL PS4 INJUSTGAF!

Add me on psn and we can a lobby or something going. Maybe even stream em!
PSN: TheTrinidad

shaowebb

If I just want to print out a list of moves and combos and stuff for every fighter, is there a good source? I've found some lists but they seem to require clicking through a bunch of pages. Just some single-print strategy-guide equivalent would be nice. (I actually would be a strat guide just to have a nice printed move list but heard the guide for this game doesn't even accomplish that.)

http://testyourmight.com/wiki/index.php/Bane

Best I can do for you honestly.

vg260

So just to clarify : the ps4 version still doesn't have 60 fps super animations and transition scenes?

Nope. I just picked it up against my better judgement and was disappointed to find this out.
Really lame. There's nothing taxing in most of these. I had a bad feeling something was gonna get messed up or overlooked in this port.

If anyone's curious, the only time the PC version locks to 30FPS is cutscenes, KOTH lobby spectate, and the stage transitions for the Asylum stages.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag

Sure, add me- lyteedge2

I sent you a friend request. It would be nice to have some people to play with since the online is basically dead at times. My PSN is Valkyria61.

Top Bottom