• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

PC version here and I have a serious issue that won't allow me to even get past a loading screen. I'll load up then it will turn all back, the sound cuts, and it minimizes to desktop without a way to return to the game. I've never had a problem like this before with any game on my Steam library... Kinda shocked that no one else is having this problem according to Google searches.

GTX 670, i7-2600k @ 3.4, 8 GB RAM, Windows 7

Khezu

I'm sure most have already seen it in game, but eh.
S2dh0J9.png

5ukOxwI.jpg

Castcoder

Banned
I would like to know if any PS4 users have been able to get their fightstick to work. I can't find anything online about it so far, making me hesitant to purchase Injustice for PS4.

Just wanna give a heads up that the game is on sale on Steam for the Autumn sale. This means it has the potential to become a daily deal OR flash deal and be even cheaper.

I'll try and post if it does, but I might miss it, so keep an eye out.

vg260

Just wanna give a heads up that the game is on sale on Steam for the Autumn sale. This means it has the potential to become a daily deal OR flash deal and be even cheaper.

I'll try and post if it does, but I might miss it, so keep an eye out.

I'm also keeping an eye on greenman gaming. They're having Black Friday sales starting tomorrow, and currently have a 30% voucher for it already, so it's actually cheaper than Steam's sale currently. I'm gonna bite somewhere if it hits $20, maybe $25. I'm sure it will hit $25 somehwere by the end of the year.

So it seems this game is region locked on PC. You have to change download servers to play with people in other regions. Not that it's really worth it... I couldn't find a stable connection with anyone in EU.

Moaradin

That download region shit really sucks. You can't find anyone in the lobbies because of it. I find people in ranked fine, but I want to play KOTL...

mgmr

Neo Member
I've got some save file problems on the PS4..
The game doesn't register any progress made (except S.T.A.R. lab missions).

Completed the tutorial three times in a row and it still says I'm about to start singleplayer for the first time. Lost all of my XP I earned during a gamenight playing VS with friends and unlocked items are locked again..

I don't want to keep playing to lose everything again, anyone with the same problem or maybe a solution?

stn

Is it confirmed that there are no more skins and characters being released? Seems like it since they released the ultimate edition. Would definitely like some new skins for Deathstroke and Zod.

vg260

Is it confirmed that there are no more skins and characters being released? Seems like it since they released the ultimate edition. Would definitely like some new skins for Deathstroke and Zod.

No confirmation of anything. Like MK, they seem to completely drop a game hard, and leave it for dead after a certain point never to return.

shaowebb

If it helps it was revealed recently that the fans got the unpackers and alt outfit mods to work in the PC version. We're seeing Zoom and White Lantern Sinestro now. Im trying to get someone to send me unpacked models to edit that I can send out to folks to test since I dont have the cash to double dip.

Here's a cool Deadpool mod someone is doing btw

DFjzmMY.jpg

J-Tier

Damn, now I want to see Deadshot for Deathstroke! And Swamp Thing for Grundy. Didn't think this would ever happen, but man, am I okay with being wrong this time around.

Also give me Jonah Hex.

If it helps it was revealed recently that the fans got the unpackers and alt outfit mods to work in the PC version. We're seeing Zoom and White Lantern Sinestro now. Im trying to get someone to send me unpacked models to edit that I can send out to folks to test since I dont have the cash to double dip.

Here's a cool Deadpool mod someone is doing btw

DFjzmMY.jpg

That is amazing! I hope to actually see more Marvel skin mods. XD

I've been playing the PS4 version since launch and still having tons of fun with it.

secretanchitman is my PSN name if you want to try out some matches (I always play against the CPU). I'm usually either Batman or Scorpion!

shaowebb

JNPu5m2.jpg

Was given some files and I finally got the plugins and such all working properly. EASILY can you setup texture mods. Im still asking around on how to access the in game models like they did in MK9. The Deadpool guy has some fragmenting of his model that looks like a bad conversion of quads to triangular polygons when he opened his model in 3ds Max. I'm still waiting to find out from him or someone else with more experience how they unpacked and accessed the models properly from the "package format" the files are in. That and Im not even certain what name the file is that I'm looking for here.

Still though I have COMPLETE access to every last lightning bolt, smoke animation, fireball, damage texture, and all the other textures on Sinestro and Raven thanks to Heymanjack hooking me up with a file. I'll have to do something about getting my cash handy to double dip for PC version myself, but college plus holidays are killing me so right now its a no go...I'll just ask for character files and send my work to the guys who got me the files so they can test them for me before publishing anything.

This is awesome guys. Reaaaaaaaaally easy stuff here. I can essentially be a lazy ass and just mask off Sinestro's head, use the hue saturation sliders in photoshop and cut/paste whatever lantern symbol I want over his fear symbols on his map and BAM instant lantern corp change using this. I'd have to tweak a few more files in his effects to update his yellow beams to whatever, but they are all here to do that with so whatever.

Happy times are ahead of me. My finals are straight fucked now...Im gonna be so distracted this week from my studies.

shaowebb

Got a quick and dirty test run skin made for Sinestro's main costume if anyone with this on PC wants to test it for me.

The skin file

Place it in the assets folder in the injustice folder. Make sure you backup the original file. Test it out in the game and see if it worked and post the results good or bad here so I can see how it functioned. Its a quick and dirty White Lantern mod to see if I got it going right. If it worked I'll do some real paint work and ambitious stuff soon.

Got a quick and dirty test run skin made for Sinestro's main costume if anyone with this on PC wants to test it for me.

The skin file

Place it in the assets folder in the injustice folder. Make sure you backup the original file. Test it out in the game and see if it worked and post the results good or bad here so I can see how it functioned. Its a quick and dirty White Lantern mod to see if I got it going right. If it worked I'll do some real paint work and ambitious stuff soon.
Here's what I got when I did it.

shaowebb

Here's what I got when I did it.

Well...thats rather disconcerting. All I did was a quick color adjustment on the diff.dds file and slap a white lantern logo on it before sending it back. Shouldn't have done that. I'll have to check and see what some folks say could have happened to cause that. Thanks for the assist BTW. Im going to keep playing with this between finals till it works..

UPDATE: Got some help. Seems my .dds file didn't save properly so I need to check my export settings using save as and give it another go. It apparently is trying to create a Sinestro Fractal with whatever settings are on its current .dds

JHvjmxl.jpg

shaowebb

Here's some awesome info.

When u download some DLC pack from someone... just copy content to e:\HRY\Injustice Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition\DiscContentPCG\DLC directory.. and thats all.. you can play with new costumes without replacing anything.

So we can now make as many alts as we want. No replacing other alts since our mods will be read as "DLC ALTS".

vg260

PC version is half off on Steam, apparently.
Been waiting for this, but probably means it bombed and won't get support for fixes.
Probably picking it up regardless.

shaowebb

Been waiting for this, but probably means it bombed and won't get support for fixes.

Probably means its the holidays on steam and its a weekend sale during a weekend when Injustice is officially running a stream to promote themselves this weekend.

They did the same stuff near the launch of the console release remember? Toys R Us ran specials and such on this. NRS tends to cut deals on their games within a short period after they launch em to keep attention on them after the first initial sales weeks.

vg260

Probably means its the holidays on steam and its a weekend sale during a weekend when Injustice is officially running a stream to promote themselves this weekend.

They did the same stuff near the launch of the console release remember? Toys R Us ran specials and such on this. NRS tends to cut deals on their games within a short period after they launch em to keep attention on them after the first initial sales weeks.

Yeah, it's a VGX award tie-in sale through Saturday.

Yeah, it's a VGX award tie-in sale through Saturday.
It's also NEC weekend, so now is a better time than any to nab players.

There was also a patch today that unlocked region matchmaking. I'm surprised they're patching this game so hard. MK got nothing and suffered from the exact same problems.

Then again this is NRS' flagship game until MK10.

shaowebb

shouldn't have done it...I really shouldn't have. I need to play it tight for some college shit thats gonna go down soon, but I went and got this since it was half off. Im using proxy players to test modding pipeline here. I got it on PC installing now. I need to do this. Im going to mod this thing. As soon as there are folks who can get the models unpacked for complete overhaul/replacements I'll be doing some serious work here.

Helps me keep active till all the secondary programs in the EF-12 are localized into english for me to use at least.

EDIT:

Success! Had to change my save settings on my . DDS file. Though it looks like we will have to edit more than just the Char_???_Diff.DDS files. Likely we'll also need to edit the specular maps and a few others as well because my changed white lantern corp logo is still not noticeable behind one of the other maps yet.

Still its a success. Im trying to find out now how to package skins into folders I can drop into the DLC directory to use as new DLC skins rather than having to replace old skins with them in the assets folder.

Also here is a fun fact...Uncle Festor on the SFxTekken mod boards/MK secrets posted a tuturial on how to change the names in the UI so theres that to enjoy now too. So much stuff is coming out of the community right now on PC. So glad I get to be a part of this.

qY68cjQ.jpg

TaZ1t8n.jpg

Purchased it when i saw the price, even though it worked out to be about $27,80 Australian.... it beats paying $39-$50 for the retail disc version that i saw in store a few days ago.

shaowebb

Okay...INJUSTICE just got HYPE.

HYPE AS HELL TOURNEY!

At 2:09 you see an insanely crazy back and forth match between Grundy and Superman. Superman has to desperately run and fish for his armor breaking trait or die vs Grundy's insane armored pressure and damage. The ending will DEFINITELY be legendary...I dont think I've seen that happen in ANY fighting game before and didn't know it was even possible.

Also the final matches of the night are ALL incredible rushdown. Hawkgirls, Batgirls, Batman, LOBO, DOOMSDAY.

The Lobo vs Batman match at the end is one of the most hype nonstop sets I've seen. Folks seem to FINALLY have figured out the rhythm of this game enough to make it fast and pressure filled!

Silly question but does anyone find the color of the pc version to be a little off ? The characters seem a little greyed out and pale compared to the background and the on screen indicators (health bar and the special bar down the bottom). Yet when the animations take place when you do the LT-RT special move and the end cinematic when you win the colors return to normal. It is bizarre, i've tried adjusting the brightness, contrast controls in the game but that didn't help.

I will try changing display drivers and see what happens.

shaowebb

God DAMN we need Flipkev to announce everything forever!

http://www.twitch.tv/kombatnetwork/b/485750657

2:34 he kicks in and even makes Emo-Tom Brady stop whining and blow up with hype. Dude made the fucking matches insane. Watch this archive folks! Its the hypest the game has ever been.

EDIT:

http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky

Its on and Flipkev is announcing Grundy vs Raven! Top 8

Grand Finals is up now! (PIMPINJIM) Hawkgirl vs (TYRANT)Superman (doesn't like using Grundy vs Hawkgirl).

YO HAWKGIRL YOU FINALLY WON A MAJOR!

Hawkgirl plus Lex and Zatanna. He uses Shazam as well.

Pimpimjim is part of Galloping Ghost Arcade in Chicago. We have a weekly tournament, Ghost Battle Series. http://www.youtube.com/user/phahn123. That's the youtube archive. Every Thursday night. We all play oddball characters. He wins with Hawkgirl and other regular winners are Slips with Scorpion, Max with Bane and me with Catwoman. If you want to see high level play with these uncommon characters we are the stream to watch. We also frequently have Lobo, Flash, Martian Manhunter, Doomsday, Green Arrow, and Nightwing doing work.

We were one of the top scenes for MK but had quit traveling after EVO. We just did these weeklies for Injustice. No one really considered us that good until PPJ went out to NEC. It's awesome.

Dunlop

There is obviously no kind of skill matching in this game.

Decided to try out MP after I picked this game up a week ago and am 0-3

First opponent - 850 matches
Second opponent - 675 matches
Third opponent - 1940 matches

..and back to story mode :p

Subitai

There is obviously no kind of skill matching in this game.

Decided to try out MP after I picked this game up a week ago and am 0-3

First opponent - 850 matches
Second opponent - 675 matches
Third opponent - 1940 matches

..and back to story mode :p
Don't worry, that's where I still am.

Top Bottom