• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

Archon473

Excellent Official Thread, Ryce.

I made a fake Facesit account just for the Green Arrow skin. Honestly, social media integration is the worst thing to happen to video games since sliced bread.

I'm playing the demo right now on 360. It seems pretty good. Lots of DC love for the comic book fans. It does feel like MK, but maybe with a little MVC influence. I'm playing with a SFXT stick and it feels pretty good. I like how I can do QCF motions instead of only tapping in a direction. QCF motions are much easier to do on a stick. I might have to change some buttons, though. I think the characters look like they're going for a Batman movie look and they're pretty ugly, but at least the real comic book costumes will be there.

Karak

Wow surprised youtube hasn't closed that account. They have been closing youtube accounts left and right due to early story content.

I want this game but not sure if ill wait for a sale. I am not that good at fighting games so i never stand a chance online, I dont have the time or patience to master them and I enjoy other games. Every time I pay full price for a game like this I end up not playing it enough although I did enjoy the demo so well see, if not day one ill get it at some point

Ryce

What is the minimum I need to do in the iOS game to obtain any costumes? This game is horrid.
Rate the game on iTunes to unlock Knightfall Bane, and complete one of the bonus battles to unlock New 52 Green Lantern. The other three require quite a bit of effort.

What is the minimum I need to do in the iOS game to obtain any costumes? This game is horrid.

You get:

Knightfall Bane by rating the game.
New 52 Green Lantern by beating an extra battle (the star one)
Arkham Harley by getting a Joker card (48k coins)
Batman Beyond by getting a Batman card (180k coins)
Prison Superman by beating all battles.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

Depends on what you what. The Harley outfit needs a Joker card which is 48K, while the Batman Beyond one needs batman who is something like 178K. You can get a gold booster pack at 75K for a chance at batman, and the gold character is pretty good at steamrolling the game if it isn't him. Bane/GL ones are simple, the Prison Superman is fucking impossible and not worth it.

J-Tier

Yeah, the iOS game requires a lot of effort for the latter three. A lot. I was motivated earlier, but man has fatigue kicked in.

Ryce

Yeah, the iOS game requires a lot of effort for the latter three. A lot. I was motivated earlier, but man has fatigue kicked in.
I've only got Prison Superman left, and I honestly don't see how it's possible to get him without spending money on the game.

Khezu

You think we will get anymore trailers before the game is out?

Don't really expect a Killer Frost or Ares reveal trailer at this point.

Karak

Depends on when the embargo for reviews is. Most likely we will get 1 before that.

Ryce

Maybe tomorrow -- I think Aquaman and some of the other characters were revealed on a Wednesday.

Papercuts

I've only got Prison Superman left, and I honestly don't see how it's possible to get him without spending money on the game.

The unlocks from the console version seem like they would help a lot, meaning a lot of time needs to be invested after the game itself comes out for it instead of getting them beforehand like I expected. But otherwise it is just an obscene amount of grinding, the final fights apparently need multiple promotions of the character which means rebuying the gold ones. That is over 1 million coins on superman, lol.

Ryce

An interesting bit of info from the Season Pass description:

The Injustice Season Pass includes the Flashpoint Skin Pack and four downloadable characters for the price of three. All content must be accessed through the Injustice in-game store. All DLC packs will be released by August 2013.

The first four characters will be out by August.

Did we ever come to a conclusion about if the costumes can only be won through the iOS game or are they unlocks in the console game somehow too?

You get:

Knightfall Bane by rating the game.
New 52 Green Lantern by beating an extra battle (the star one)
Arkham Harley by getting a Joker card (48k coins)
Batman Beyond by getting a Batman card (180k coins)
Prison Superman by beating all battles.

SHEET! I SAID "NO THANKS" TO RATING IT. HOW DO I RATE IT?!

D:

Edit: Oh wait, can't you just do it via the appstore? xD

Edit2: Got a costume for simply singing up at WBID?

kHPXztV.png

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
AndHereWeGo.gif

Welcome aboard

*salute*

Who do you think you'll play?

My heart wants to play Batman or Wonder Woman. But...

MarkMan's smart enough to pick a top tier. So probably Aquaman.

I am going to try and win. So I will most likely tier surf until I find the best fit for me.

Is there a reason you competed a bit during early MK9 and now Injustice? Just genuinely curious as I don't recall any other recent non-Tekken games you've actively competed in. Do you just like how the NRS games feel? Work schedule allows it during this time? (MK9 came out around the same time two years ago) Either way, glad to see you back in action.

Well. I didn't even get to compete for TTT2. As much as I wanted to. The game requires too much time/dedication and with my work schedule, I have neither. :( I still play TTT2 casually and love it. One thing is, I do follow all fighting games and keep up with them.

The reason why I played MK9 was because well.. at the time, since it was new... It was easy. I had a less busy March/April than usual so I grinded it out for the National tournament, lol.

I'm hype though!

Papercuts

I have no idea why I am going through all of this effort for the Batman Beyond skin considering I have no interest in even using Batman.

Khezu

I have no idea why I am going through all of this effort for the Batman Beyond skin considering I have no interest in even using Batman.

I wish it was a costume for Nightwing, it would look so much better on him, Bruce has always looked terrible in that suit.

Nori Chan

Wait, you can rate it in the app store and you'll get knightfall bane?

I did that like a couple days ago and nothing yet?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
This is weird to me, I don't really understand why it exists, not just this song, but the whole soundtrack.

I can understand why they did it for MK9 as it was a neat nostalgia throwback to Mortal Kombat the Album, but this? Meh.
I have no idea, especially if it isn't in the game or there isn't like 20 different scored commercials.

It just seems like another case of WB throwing money around because they can. Nothing wrong with that for consumers though, I guess.

Top Bottom