• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Really want Poison Ivy and Two Face but that may be too much of Batmans world in the game.

Yeah, as much as I want Batman rogues to show up, having characters such as Killer Frost and Ares in the game begs for more under-utilized characters to be given a shot.

If the DLC is absolutely going the route of 2 heroes and 2 villains, then Lobo and Etrigan can easily apply due to their anti-hero stance, but I wouldn't want them both if there's only 4 characters coming. The list of female villains in DC isn't extensive -- the most well-known ones are from Batman and I'd hate to see Injustice become a Batman-dominated game. There are already 6 Batman characters in the game, not including Deathstroke.

Seriously though, there's about 15-20 characters I'd rather have in this game than either Lobo or Etrigan. They're both pretty fucking terrible.

Asking for Lobo is like wishing Carnage would make it into a Marvel game.

Seriously though, there's about 15-20 characters I'd rather have in this game than either Lobo or Etrigan. They're both pretty fucking terrible.

Likewise. I'm not a fan of Lobo, or Etrigan and I don't think they have much public recognition outside of their comic book fanbase. I think Power Girl has a great chance to be DLC and I'd definitely be happy with her addition to the line-up.

vocab

Does anyone here actually input the special moves like they are shown in the movelist? I only ask because you can switch between Mk style motions and Capcom motions, but In the thousands of fights i put into mk9, I always did quarter circles instead of Down forward inputs.

Its almost impossible to do down forward without doing a qcf on stick. Otherwise its super awkward.

TDLink

With the DLC the only two I truly want above all else are Martian Manhunter and Doctor Fate. The rest I don't care so much about so long as they are decent choices.

Like I wouldn't mind Static, Booster Gold, Blue Beetle, Plastic Man, Zatanna, those types of characters...but I want MMH and Doc Fate more than them.

I agree that Lobo seems like a waste of space.

Caspel

Oh, I'd love to see characters like Gorilla Grodd, Red Tornado, Constantine, Spectre, or Static make the game, but I don't see them being high on the list.

Swamp Thing probably has better chance then all of them, but I do believe Lobo will be at the top of the list, as will Martian Manhunter. I'd rather have Etrigan than Lobo.

Now that I think of it, Starfire and Beast Boy won't be making it into the game since I am sure the team doesn't want to associate with Teen Titans due to the new cartoon.

Power Girl, Super Girl, Batgirl, and other clones are not needed. I'd rather see Booster Gold, Blue Beetle, Captain Atom, Firestorm, or The Atom than them if we are to add Justice League heroes.

With the DLC the only two I truly want above all else are Martian Manhunter and Doctor Fate. The rest I don't care so much about so long as they are decent choices.

Like I wouldn't mind Static, Booster Gold, Blue Beetle, Plastic Man, Zatanna, those types of characters...but I want MMH and Doc Fate more than them.

I agree that Lobo seems like a waste of space.

We definitely need some more representation from DC's magical users. Dr Fate would fulfil that role, but I'd love to see at least another female hero/villain and I think Zatanna is more recognizable and popular. I'd be happy either of the two however.

The top four characters wanted so far, based on Ryce's poll, are Atrocitus, Blue Beetle, Booster Gold and Power Girl. That's some solid representation from the different corners of the DC universe.

Caspel

We definitely need some more representation from DC's magical users. Dr Fate would fulfil that role, but I'd love to see at least another female hero/villain and I think Zatanna is more recognizable and popular. I'd be happy either of the two however.

Zatanna is my most wanted female addition to the roster.

Of the female characters on the roster, Hawkgirl is my favorite. Wonder Woman would be a distant second. I do not care for the under-powered Catwoman and Harley, and have no attachment to Killer Frost. The Raven in the game offends me due to the design.

TDLink

The top four characters wanted so far, based on Ryce's poll, are Atrocitus, Blue Beetle, Booster Gold and Power Girl. That's some solid representation from the different corners of the DC universe.

Why not both Zatanna AND Fate?

I wouldn't mind Atrocitus, Blue Beetle, or Booster Gold. Big "No" to Power Girl though from me.

Why not both?

I'd love both. I mean, regardless of their common background in magic users, there's vast differences in their characterizes, powers, etc. Both characters could bring a unique identity to Injustice. I just can't see Netherealm including two "magical" heroes.

I'm a huge fan of Power Girl. I think she could play differently enough from Superman, regardless of their shared Krypton heritage. I'd see Power Girl as more of a "rushdown" type, like the Flash, with a focus more on her super-speed and fists before thinking attitude.

Caspel

Why not both Zatanna AND Fate?

This is my most ideal route. My favorite JL member is Manhunter, so with those three, that would make 75% of the DLC appealing to me -- so I wouldn't care on the fourth if those three are delivered.

TDLink

This is my most ideal route. My favorite JL member is Manhunter, so with those three, that would make 75% of the DLC appealing to me -- so I wouldn't care on the fourth if those three are delivered.

My view as well. It's also why I hope they don't force the DLC to be 2 heroes/2 villains.

My view as well. It's also why I hope they don't force the DLC to be 2 heroes/2 villains.

I guess it depends on how the DLC characters are implemented in-game. I can see Netherealm adding an additional column on either side of the character select screen, offering potentially more than four heroes/villains, but limiting the characters to a balance between the terms.

If the DLC characters are selected via a single character slot as in Mortal Kombat however, I think there's more cause to ignore the balance between heroes and villains.

Khezu

I kinda want them to put in that original character do not steal they created for the comic, Galaxor I think his name was, he shot lasers out of his chest.

DR2K

Banned

I can see them deviating from that since if we go by Mk9 dlc which featured a new character, two characters past mk3, and a character from a completely different universe.

DR2K

Banned
Are the number of DLC characters going to be dependent on DLC sales? Has there been an indication at all?

It'll probably be just those 4 with a bunch of unique character skins with a goty edition the following year. Going by how MK9 and Batman AC were handled.

TDLink

Are the number of DLC characters going to be dependent on DLC sales? Has there been an indication at all?

There has been an indication that there may be more than these first 4 characters. If that is actually true then it is probably contingent on Season Pass sales and/or the sales of the first 2 or 3 characters.

Caspel

I don't see the team adding more than the allotted four DLC characters. If Injustice is a huge success, you may see a rushed sequel rather than more DLC.

As a consumer, I'd want more DLC (if the game is brilliant) rather than a rushed sequel. I'd even support a Kickstarter in the same vein that Skullgirls had to bring in more DLC if funds were an issue. Structure it similar with two DLC characters being predetermined (1 hero, 1 villain) and then make the next two based on votes (1 villain and 1 hero voted on).

I don't see the team adding more than the allotted four DLC characters. If Injustice is a huge success, you may see a rushed sequel rather than more DLC.

As a consumer, I'd want more DLC (if the game is brilliant) rather than a rushed sequel. I'd even support a Kickstarter in the same vein that Skullgirls had to bring in more DLC if funds were an issue. Structure it similar with two DLC characters being predetermined (1 hero, 1 villain) and then make the next two based on votes (1 villain and 1 hero voted on).

Given the fast approaching launch of next-generation consoles, I can see Warner Bros. pushing Netherealm into making a sequel and spending less time on extended DLC projects. As much as I'd love to see a hugely expanded roster, I think we're honestly going to have to wait for that sequel. There's also the increasing risk to the game balance that adding more and more characters brings. Especially if additional DLC characters were unplanned before launch.

Zatanna is my most wanted female addition to the roster.

Of the female characters on the roster, Hawkgirl is my favorite. Wonder Woman would be a distant second. I do not care for the under-powered Catwoman and Harley, and have no attachment to Killer Frost. The Raven in the game offends me due to the design.

I played the game. Believe me Killer Frost is OP.

TDLink

I played the game. Believe me Killer Frost is OP.

She could be the most powerful character in the game for all I care. She is a dumb character who had close to 0 fans before this game. Will this cause her to get more? Maybe, but she's still a bad character. I would prefer essentially any other female character. That includes the Bat/Super/Power ones.

DR2K

Banned
She could be the most powerful character in the game for all I care. She is a dumb character who had close to 0 fans before this game. Will this cause her to get more? Maybe, but she's still a bad character. I would prefer essentially any other female character. That includes the Bat/Super/Power ones.

I only approve of her because of her abilities and how well they translate over to a fighting game. Definitely homage to Subzero and Frost. I would have also approved of another character. Hopefully the DLC fills the voids and brings in the fan favorites skipped.

I only approve of her because of her abilities and how well they translate over to a fighting game. Definitely homage to Subzero and Frost. I would have also approved of another character. Hopefully the DLC fills the voids and brings in the fan favorites skipped.

I have to say, Netherealm have done a fantastic job with her design. I love both of her costumes surprisingly.

Khezu

I think it will be a bit before we see a sequel to Injustice.

I am betting NRS's next game is going to be MK10, and will come out around the same time as the MK movie, which I firmly believe only got delayed because NRS was working on Injustice at the time, and weird cross media promotion is too good to pass up.

There is also the fact that Ed Boon has continued to express interest in making a new IP, and games outside of the fighting game genre.

It could be up to 6 years before we see a new one.

J-Tier

I'm fine with obscure characters. But she didn't have to be the ice character. Captain Cold would've been fine. Dr. Freeze would've been fine.

I am betting NRS's next game is going to be MK10, and will come out around the same time as the MK movie, which I firmly believe only got delayed because NRS was working on Injustice at the time, and weird cross media promotion is too good to pass up.

There is also the fact that Ed Boon has continued to express interest in making a new IP, and games outside of the fighting game genre.

This. Don't see an Injustice sequel happening anytime soon.

TDLink

I'm fine with obscure characters. But she didn't have to be the ice character. Captain Cold would've been fine. Dr. Freeze would've been fine.

Agreed. Captain Cold should have been the Ice character. Need another female villain? Replace Bane with Poison Ivy. People actually like her, she'd be pretty unique, and she wouldn't reduce the Batman quota.

Note: Not advocating Ivy for DLC, just would have been better for the roster to have her + Cold than Frost + Bane...imo.

I'm positive I read an interview with Boon in which he stated that he wanted Injustice to be an alternative IP to MK. The titles would be alternate releases, e.g. Injustice then MK 10 then Injustice 2, etc. Something along those lines. That was my impression when Injustice was first announced as well. I suppose though, plans can change and everything comes down to sales. If this game is a runaway success and sells gang busters, will Warner Bros. want a MK sequel coming out before another Injustice? DC are heavily, or at least trying to push their properties in media at the moment. An Injustice sequel launched alongside a Justice League film or their next big film property would be a marketer's dream.

Agreed. Captain Cold should have been the Ice character. Need another female villain? Replace Bane with Poison Ivy. People actually like her, she'd be pretty unique, and she wouldn't reduce the Batman quota.

Note: Not advocating Ivy for DLC, just would have been better for the roster to have her + Cold than Frost + Bane...imo.

I think that would have been the best decision in regards to the roster. I still find it strange that the "ice" character hinted/foreshadowed in the first trailer for Injustice, was one of the last to be revealed. I wonder if Captain Cold might have been part of the original roster at some point and then plans changed.

DR2K

Banned

This. Don't see an Injustice sequel happening anytime soon.

I imagine her gender also played a role in character choice. Also Jennifer hale voiced her in justice league, so they had the va.

Caspel

regardless if mk10 or a sequel is next, i don't forsee more dlc outside of what has been announced. only other option is an "ultimate" version that introduces a new character or two along with packaging in dlc.

fernoca

Just noticed that on the eShop section of the game (Wii U), it says that the game's compatible with:
  • Wii U Game Pad
  • Wii U Pro Controller
  • Wii Remote
  • Wii Remote + Classic Controller Pro
Cool if true. MK Armageddon on Wii also had multiple controller options.

Bane has been too popular lately to not include him,
The only character that could have been switched would have been Harley and even she is way more popular than Ivy.

Kizer

I have a better idea. Screw ivy. Replace Ares with Circe.

Captain N

Just noticed that on the eShop section of the game (Wii U), it says that the game's compatible with:
  • Wii U Game Pad
  • Wii U Pro Controller
  • Wii Remote
  • Wii Remote + Classic Controller Pro
Cool if true. MK Armageddon on Wii also had multiple controller options.

Awesome. Does it mention DLC?

Top Bottom