• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

AEREC

Wait, you can rate it in the app store and you'll get knightfall bane?

I did that like a couple days ago and nothing yet?

You get it on the console version. You have to complete challenges on the console to unlock him on the iOS version. Or get him through a booster pack.

SykoTech

Been playing the demo a bit and I'm a little confused on how clashes work. Do I just push all the buttons to wager my meter? Can't really tell going by the OP...

Been playing the demo a bit and I'm a little confused on how clashes work. Do I just push all the buttons to wager my meter? Can't really tell going by the OP...

After it's activated, you press the button next to the level of meter you want to use: 1st Bar, you use one meter, 2nd Bar, you use 2 meters, etc. And obviously, you're limited by the amount of meter you have when you activate.

SykoTech

After it's activated, you press the button next to the level of meter you want to use: 1st Bar, you use one meter, 2nd Bar, you use 2 meters, etc. And obviously, you're limited by the amount of meter you have when you activate.

the button you press depends on the amount of meter you burn. I believe X is the least amount.

OK, thanks guys. Must've hit the button too eary, so I didn't know how much I wagered.

My heart wants to play Batman or Wonder Woman. But...

I am going to try and win. So I will most likely tier surf until I find the best fit for me.

Well. I didn't even get to compete for TTT2. As much as I wanted to. The game requires too much time/dedication and with my work schedule, I have neither. :( I still play TTT2 casually and love it. One thing is, I do follow all fighting games and keep up with them.

The reason why I played MK9 was because well.. at the time, since it was new... It was easy. I had a less busy March/April than usual so I grinded it out for the National tournament, lol.

I'm hype though!

Good stuff man. Tier surf as you please, nobody should hate on you for playing to win. Hope you do well.

The button you press for wager corresponds to the face buttons. 1 is 1 bar, 2 is 2 bar, ect.

Also the amount of life you're waging for is this formula.

1 = 15%
2 = 25%
3 = 30%
4 = 33%

meaning it's not always best to bet everything if you're going to win. If they have no bars and you have 4 the best choice would probably be 2 or 3 bars not 4. You need all the meter you can get, especially with how important it is for high damaging BNB combos and armor.

Calibur

WAIT! So Preordering from GAME UK doesn't get you 3 Exclusive skins based on the Red Son Novel & the 20 Additional Missions!

You only get that if you buy the Special Edition which costs £42.99

Now this is a little misleading, from what the GAME store first told me!

Ryce

Yeah, it's nothing against the Wii U; we just don't know much about that version of the game. I would assume the button equivalents are easy to guess just by looking at the layout of the controller.

Karak

The button you press for wager corresponds to the face buttons. 1 is 1 bar, 2 is 2 bar, ect.

Also the amount of life you're waging for is this formula.

1 = 15%
2 = 25%
3 = 30%
4 = 33%

meaning it's not always best to bet everything if you're going to win. If they have no bars and you have 4 the best choice would probably be 2 or 3 bars not 4. You need all the meter you can get, especially with how important it is for high damaging BNB combos and armor.

Yes indeed.
This last bit is 100% correct:(

Bleepey

I played it today. I had some beef with the controls cos i hate bf motions, i think down up motions for Cyborg work better when done like Rolento in A2, but other than that the tournament was kinda fun. Green Arrow was my favourite.

Karak

I played it today. I had some beef with the controls cos i hate bf motions, i think down up motions for Cyborg work better when done like Rolento in A2, but other than that the tournament was kinda fun. Green Arrow was my favourite.

Green Arrow is probably my favorite now as well. Though I admit I am having a good time with the Joker of all characters. Which surprised me.

Khezu

That "energy burst" is some type of cancel? That video completely sold me on this game.

The purple stuff? Sort off, its used for both generic EX attacks or "meter burn" as its called in this game, and for bounce cancels, which cancels normals into a wall bounce or ground bounce attack.

fernoca

Yeah, it's nothing against the Wii U; we just don't know much about that version of the game. I would assume the button equivalents are easy to guess just by looking at the layout of the controller.
Yep.
In that case, it should be something like:
  • Back - Block
  • Up - Jump
  • Down - Crouch
  • Y - Light Attack
  • X - Medium Attack
  • B - Hard Attack
  • Forward + B - Ground Bounce Attack
  • Back + B - Wall Bounce Attack
  • L (or Light + Hard) - Throw
  • ZL - Flip Stance
  • A - Character Power
  • R (or Light + Medium) (when prompted) - Interactive Object
  • Back + B - Level Transition
  • ZR (during certain special moves; burns 1 bar of super meter) - Meter Burn Speical Move
  • ZR - Block Escape
  • Forward, Forward + ZR (during a combo; burns 2 bars of super meter) - Ground Bounce
  • Back, Back + ZR(during a combo; burns 2 bars of super meter) - Wall Bounce
  • ZL + ZR (burns all 4 bars of super meter) - Super Move
  • Forward + ZR (during block stun; red health only) - Clash
And apparently, the touch screen can be used as additional buttons/shortcuts (ala Tekken 3D, Super Street Fighter IV 3D, etc.); but nothing confirmed yet.

shaowebb

Wait, what...Superman is...bad in this game? I just found this out lol.

From what folks say he's not braindead easy to use is all. His damage is supposed to be insane though and like all fighters its not gonna be certain who is good or bad till it ships and folks have time in the lab.

Karak

From what folks say he's not braindead easy to use is all. His damage is supposed to be insane though and like all fighters its not gonna be certain who is good or bad till it ships and folks have time in the lab.

I think Shinobi is saying "bad" as in evil.

Khezu

I think he means literally, as in Superman has gone crazy and is killing everyone with eye lasers kinda bad.

Is it just me, or do the controls feel a little stiff? At least compared to Street Fighter and Marvel vs Capcom. Mortal Kombat 9 was the same way. I'm still having a blast with the demo, I just wish it controlled better.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Is it just me, or do the controls feel a little stiff? At least compared to Street Fighter and Marvel vs Capcom. Mortal Kombat 9 was the same way. I'm still having a blast with the demo, I just wish it controlled better.

It feels a lot better after spending time with it, but there is a stiffness at first. With MK9 I put it on the block button, but it may just be the dial-a-combo stuff in general. Once you ingrain a couple to memory along with the fairly nonsensible inputs at times it works better.

The thing with Capcom is they are really good with motions that feel like what the move should be, if that makes any sense. NR is weirdly haphazard with it.

Karak

I can't discuss much but stick with it. Then again I am not the biggest MK fan or follower but improvements were/are felt.

I think he means literally, as in Superman has gone crazy and is killing everyone with eye lasers kinda bad.
Your answer was better:)

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Shazam
Hawkgirl
Flash
Deathstroke

Will be the four I be using from the start.

The four characters for DLC, I want :
1. Martian Manhunter (Power)
2. Dr. Fate (Gadget)
3. Lobo or Etrigan or Despero (Power)
4. Zatanna or Star Sapphire or Starfire (Gadget)

TDLink

Shazam
Hawkgirl
Flash
Deathstroke

Will be the four I be using from the start.

The four characters for DLC, I want :
1. Martian Manhunter (Power)
2. Dr. Fate (Gadget)
3. Lobo or Etrigan or Despero (Power)
4. Zatanna or Star Sapphire or Starfire (Gadget)

I agree with these DLC choices. (Etrigan preferably out of #3 and Zatanna preferably out of #4)

Nori Chan

Anybody who skipped rating the game originally you can download the game on another iOS device, login with your wbid, play at least 5 matches and they will give you the option to rate it. Then login to your original device and you'll have knightfall bane.

No need to install, reinstall.

Does anyone here actually input the special moves like they are shown in the movelist? I only ask because you can switch between Mk style motions and Capcom motions, but In the thousands of fights i put into mk9, I always did quarter circles instead of Down forward inputs.

Top Bottom