• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Insurgency |OT| Punishing Military FPS. Co-Op. PvP Multiplayer.

So... Arma, then? I guess I can try it if 7 gigs download qui--

Oh... oh dear. Well, I guess that's that then. *cancels download* Not going to grab a mic just for a free weekend. Sorry.

Don't be a weenie, Seks. It's a good time, even without comms. I mean, what FPS ISN'T vastly improved with comms?

Many times you get in a squad where the other players are mic'd up, even if you aren't.

It's similar to Arma, but I'd say the movement feels "tighter", as it isn't based/bound to a third person model. The shooting model is somewhat similar, as there is a slight "dead zone" where your gun can move in the screen without moving the player. It feels really good, I love the gunplay in Insurgency.

LtOrange

Wow this game is intense. I got completely demolished last night, but 2 hours flew by like it was nothing. Every kill, death, and capture of an objective really felt meaningful......it was so awesome! Really enjoyed my time with it last night and plan on playing a lot more of it in the future.

Questions for experienced players:
- What is a good load out for a newcomer? The amount of customization and options are really overwhelming. Can I save a load out, so I don't have to rebuild it every match?

- Why are certain team members blue and others yellow?

Thank you!

Wow this game is intense. I got completely demolished last night, but 2 hours flew by like it was nothing. Every kill, death, and capture of an objective really felt meaningful......it was so awesome! Really enjoyed my time with it last night and plan on playing a lot more of it in the future.

Questions for experienced players:
- What is a good load out for a newcomer? The amount of customization and options are really overwhelming. Can I save a load out, so I don't have to rebuild it every match?

- Why are certain team members blue and others yellow?

Thank you!

Honestly, load outs are probably best as personal preference. I'll always pick-up the red-dot scope unless the map has a lot of in-door parts. It's mostly up to what you think is best, since load-outs can change from map to map. Sadly, there is no saving load-outs.

Team members are yellow and others are blue because there are two squads in each team, I believe.

I was blown away jumping in last night and seeing so many people playing the game. Hopefully many will buy the game and become regulars. Community needs some more growth.

Anon67

I remember buying this game at release and enjoying it. It's pretty fun and definitely worth a try.

I have quick questions. How's the controller support? Is there auto aim?

Also, I get the sense that this game required you to communicate with you team. I have Turtle Beach x11s, and people continue to complain that my mic is messed up. Like, my voice sounds waaaay too distorted. Not sure what to do. Any ideas? Happens in CSGO too. Should I just get a new, higher quality mic?

Gaz_RB

God I'm having a blast with the community in this game. It's fun without a mic, but with a mic opens up a whole new experience. Love this game.

I remember buying this game at release and enjoying it. It's pretty fun and definitely worth a try.

I have quick questions. How's the controller support? Is there auto aim?

Also, I get the sense that this game required you to communicate with you team. I have Turtle Beach x11s, and people continue to complain that my mic is messed up. Like, my voice sounds waaaay too distorted. Not sure what to do. Any ideas? Happens in CSGO too. Should I just get a new, higher quality mic?

Ain't no controller support here, console peasant!

Just kidding, but seriously I can't see any controller options.

And yeah you should get a new mic.

AngerdX

So after reading this it seems i really should try this, so downloading, and if anyone is up for coop feel free to add me.

I can't get over one critical issue with the cooperative game modes, even after playing for months: the AI is so terribly flawed. They don't have any substance, they don't really wander around the levels or follow any routines, and there is no stealth. The fact that they can spot you and shoot you immediately from any distance sorta ruins the higher difficulties of coop.

Where's an AI mod when you need one?

BPoole

I've only played 3 rounds so far, but I like what I've played. Naturally, I suck at it and rush around way too much, but I have had some fun with the shotguns in close quarters

Watevaman

I'm loving this game man. Only played about an hour so far but in a good server I'm having a blast. It's exactly what we need in terms of a middle-ground between CS and Arma.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
I'm loving this game man. Only played about an hour so far but in a good server I'm having a blast. It's exactly what we need in terms of a middle-ground between CS and Arma.

They did and are still doing a great job of blending arcade and simulation into one. It's like what COD could be but won't.

I played some matches yesterday, firefight and push are still my two favorite modes. I love the intensity of the matches and how the fire fights are done at a good distance...one to two bullets kills.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
So I finally got a PC gaming headset with a mic...I can do comms now!

Anyone from GAF play Insurgency? I'd love to group with some people and play coop or multiplayer.

my steam id is TTUVAPOR

Hands down, this is my favorite FPS right now.

OG Kush

Really looking for something to scratch my online FPS itch. Got a Mac, PS4 and xbox 360. Nothing looks appealing on the PS4 (played BF and COD too much in the past), and Xbox 360 seems a bit dated/not sure what communities are still going.
As such, I'm looking at this game for my Mac. Any GAF people still playing?

Top Bottom