• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

International Coffee Day - Sept 29

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
International-Coffee-Day-Blog.jpg

What's in your cup this morning Gaf? I'm sipping my usual pour over. Nothing special--beans from a local roaster, imported from Honduras.

International Coffee Day (29 September) is an occasion that is used to promote and celebrate coffee as a beverage, with events now occurring in places across the world. The first official date was 1 October 2015, as agreed by the International Coffee Organization and was launched in Milan. This day is also used to promote fair trade coffee and to raise awareness for the plight of the coffee growers. On this day, many businesses offer free or discounted cups of coffee. Some businesses share coupons and special deals with their loyal followers via social networking. Some greeting card companies sell National Coffee Day greeting cards as well as free e-cards.

What's your go to drink at the coffee shop? Mocha or dirty chai for me lately. If it's the afternoon, I'll have a single or double espresso.

espresso.jpg

God Enel

I’m new to the coffee game. Bought an espresso machine and I’m totally open to new tastes and brands.
Can you guys recommend some good coffee?
I have a local one here in Germany and it’s delicious 🤤

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I’m new to the coffee game. Bought an espresso machine and I’m totally open to new tastes and brands.
Can you guys recommend some good coffee?
I have a local one here in Germany and it’s delicious 🤤

Which machine did you get?

If possible, check with the local shops to see what beans they roast in-house or at the very least, would recommend. Buy bags and try it out at home.
For all things coffee, I tend to watch James Hoffmann on YT:

Fbh

I just got an Aeropress last week.
It really surpassed my expectation, I like the sort of "clean" taste from the coffe (I've always hated the French press taste) and it's fairly easy to use and clean. Will definitely take it with me this summer when going camping or picnicking at the lake.

Ballthyrm

French press with a medium grind from single origin arabica coffee (i really like Ethiopian coffee).
Drink it Black and made with a double walled, double filtered press like this one.

espro1-2.jpg

Or course drink it from a fancy cup that let the heat radiate away in my hands.
It taste even better if it rains outside :D.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
September 29 is my Birthday. Hope someone buys me an iced coffee.

Last edited:

Kadayi

Banned
The one benefit of WFH means it's a Nice Aero-Press coffee every morning. I've got some pre-ground Colombian in the Fridge I'm working through at present, but I'm thinking to go out and get some whole beans from a local roaster during my week off as it's been a while since I've used my coffee grinder. Generally only do one cup of proper coffee a day though, and after that Drink Azera, which keeps the caffeine clock ticking over without giving me the shakes.

God Enel

Which machine did you get?

If possible, check with the local shops to see what beans they roast in-house or at the very least, would recommend. Buy bags and try it out at home.
For all things coffee, I tend to watch James Hoffmann on YT:

I think the name is espresso machine. Only know the German name. When I move to a bigger place, I’ll buy a better one for sure.

delonghi%20EC685.W_SX.jpg

That’s the one I have at the moment as I’m living in a tiny ass apartment. have to buy a good coffee grinder/mill(?).

read some reviews and they say it’s a great machine for beginners.

jason10mm

Gold Member
I'm too poor to afford that cat scat coffee, but I've discovered that if -I- swallow some whole beans and fish them out the next day, it makes for a pretty good cup of joe, a bit nutty :p

Top Bottom