• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Into the Badlands - Post-apocalyptic kung-fu meets steampunk western - Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
Really loving this show so far. Interesting story, characters and the fight scenes are awesome. Nothing else quite like it on TV.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Great episode, liked it more than the first, which was also great.

Agreed. There was like 4 or five fight scenes. Sadly there probably won't be as many next episode. But at least the stupid Baron story is picking up because the current Baron of Sunny's is probably going to be dead by the end of this season. Leave him vs the Baron's son plot point as a fight.

Like this episode better than the first. Rider is this shows Yamaha. Didn't expect him to be taken out in the first ten seconds of the fight.

Volimar

Like this episode better than the first. Rider is this shows Yamaha. Didn't expect him to be taken out in the first ten seconds of the fight.

autocorrect?

v7FRjBB.jpg

Agreed. There was like 4 or five fight scenes. Sadly there probably won't be as many next episode. But at least the stupid Baron story is picking up because the current Baron of Sunny's is probably going to be dead by the end of this season. Leave him vs the Baron's sun plot point as a fight.
As long as it's at least two big fight scenes a week, I'll be happy, but yeah, we probably won't get as many next week.

I like the whole concept of a bunch of Barons being in charge after the world had gone to crap, but the story with asshole Baron and son is a bit annoying. That's a minor thing for me, though.

Since the show clearly has supernatural elements, I want it to go full anime/video game. I could see Sonny's Baron finding some artifact or cure or some other crazy nonsense to keep the cancer from killing him, and that leading to some ridiculous fight in the finale.

Probably not gonna happen, though.

Edit: As long as they don't drag out the family drama for too long, I'm good.

I missed the first episode, and caught the new one airing tonight to get a feel for it, and damn, that end battle was dope! I didn't realize it would be so bloody! Sliced the dude's arm off!

Asian lead with badass bloody fights in a post-apocalyptic setting....this really is pure win.

I'm going to go back to episode one and watching it all from the beginning.

I'm assuming M.K is going to be able to awaken his Sharingan and use it however he wants in the future. I wonder how the show will balance that kind of power. I wonder if there are other kekkei genkai's in the show.

styl3s

Really loving this show so far. Interesting story, characters and the fight scenes are awesome. Nothing else quite like it on TV.
I would argue that there isn't much like this in film fight choreography wise.

Puts the majority of action films (at least in the US) to fucking shame.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Pretty solid second episode. It's great to see that the fight scenes are still aces. The Widow kind of reminded me of Bayonetta in that opening fight scene.

RPGCrazied

Man, the fight coordinator for this show is a god. Does Daniel Wu have a stunt double or is he doing it all?

The fight scenes are so cool, its like you could watch this show just for that, even if the story ends up being shit.

Ledhead

Great fight scenes again. The choreography in this show is crazy. Do we know how many episodes this season will have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom