• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS 10 |OT| Siri, you're free

Status
Not open for further replies.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Bought a still sealed iPad Mini 3 128GB to ensure it would still have iOS 8 installed and it does (8.2).

Going to use this mini to keep all the old incompatible apps.
This is going to free up a ton of space on my phone and iPad.

I laughed too. ;)

Red

Does anyone know how to make Apple Music not force single song repeat every time you play something after first opening the app? It's annoying and I can't find any option to change it.

Does anyone know how to make Apple Music not force single song repeat every time you play something after first opening the app? It's annoying and I can't find any option to change it.

I can honestly say I don’t know what you’re talking about. You’re saying the app defaults to single repeat every time you open it?

mrkgoo

SO I'm the latest version of iOS 10.3.3. An update came up for Ann app today - says that it only works with 10.3.3 or later but I can download latest compatible version.

Is this just a bug or place holder for iOS 11?

SO I'm the latest version of iOS 10.3.3. An update came up for Ann app today - says that it only works with 10.3.3 or later but I can download latest compatible version.

Is this just a bug or place holder for iOS 11?

I’m not sure I follow. You’re on 10.3.3, you get an app update that requires 10.3.3, and you’re surprised it works?

mrkgoo

I’m not sure I follow. You’re on 10.3.3, you get an app update that requires 10.3.3, and you’re surprised it works?

I'm bad at explaining - app has an update but says it requires 10.3.3 or later (which I have), but then directs me that im allowed to download the latest compatible version for my os (which is 10.3.3). If I hit download it downloads something but stays on the same version.

Basically it says I need the latest version of iOS which I already have.

Edit: for clarity

- on version .10 of app, .11 available! Tap "update"

- get dialogue box saying update requires 10.3.3 or later (which I have) and then "do you want to download latest compatible version?"

- if I tap download, it downloads and updates and stays on .10

I was just wondering if anyone else was experiencing it like it was a more widespread App Store error or that this particular develop has set some bad flags somewhere.

I'm bad at explaining - app has an update but says it requires 10.3.3 or later (which I have), but then directs me that im allowed to download the latest compatible version for my os (which is 10.3.3). If I hit download it downloads something but stays on the same version.

Basically it says I need the latest version of iOS which I already have.

Edit: for clarity

- on version .10 of app, .11 available! Tap "update"

- get dialogue box saying update requires 10.3.3 or later (which I have) and then "do you want to download latest compatible version?"

- if I tap download, it downloads and updates and stays on .10

I was just wondering if anyone else was experiencing it like it was a more widespread App Store error or that this particular develop has set some bad flags somewhere.

I’m guessing some bad flags in the case of that app. Seems like some iOS11 prep stuff gone awry

mrkgoo

I’m guessing some bad flags in the case of that app. Seems like some iOS11 prep stuff gone awry

Yep. I was leaning towards that after not hearing anyone else experience it. It's like 'tis flagged for iOS 11, which isn't out yet and asks for "latest iOS" anyway so says 10.3.3.

So close to announcement and ios11 now!

(Not that I'll be getting iOS 11 on my iPhone 5 :(. )

Ambitious

I put on some music on my iPad (Air 2), went for a quick shower, and when I returned, the touchscreen didn't work anymore. Great.

The hardware buttons still work. So I was able to force reboot it. But the screen doesn't respond to anything.

mrkgoo

I put on some music on my iPad (Air 2), went for a quick shower, and when I returned, the touchscreen didn't work anymore. Great.

The hardware buttons still work. So I was able to force reboot it. But the screen doesn't respond to anything.

Sounds like hardware problem. You'll need to speak with Apple.

mrkgoo

Yeah. Not much else I can do.

edit: Uh, one question though: When replacing a component like the screen, they don't wipe the device, do they?

I'm not sure about where you are at, but here they replace the whole device, not the screen.

As a general practice you should consider that all your data will be gone when getting a device like that repaired.

Ambitious

Dammit. If I could at least create a backup.. but as I've restarted the iPad, I can't get in anymore because I have to enter the passcode.

edit: Apparently, the cost of an out-of-warranty repair is 350€. I might as well get a new one instead..

mollipen

It's so weird, but I've had this problem constantly the past couple of months in both playing local music in the Music app and in the Amazon Music app. Drives me crazy.

Red

It's so weird, but I've had this problem constantly the past couple of months in both playing local music in the Music app and in the Amazon Music app. Drives me crazy.
I’m on the iOS 11 GM now, and I’m not sure if it’s still a problem. Never did find a solution.

iOS 11 has an entirely different, even worse problem, where podcasts will be silenced, and even pressing play within a podcast app plays the last active song in Apple Music. Can only be fixed by restarting the phone, far as I can tell.

mrkgoo

Dammit. If I could at least create a backup.. but as I've restarted the iPad, I can't get in anymore because I have to enter the passcode.

edit: Apparently, the cost of an out-of-warranty repair is 350€. I might as well get a new one instead..

Well that sucks.

Going to be frank though, people should be backing up regularly if they care about the data, because when things like this happen, it's really tough luck.

Ambitious

I went to the closest store. It's actually 380€. No thanks.

Well that sucks.

Going to be frank though, people should be backing up regularly if they care about the data, because when things like this happen, it's really tough luck.

Well yeah, you don't have to tell me. Even though I have WiFi Sync enabled, the latest iTunes backup is from January 2016.. great. But there's a recent iCloud backup from last week. Good. At least something.

mrkgoo

I went to the closest store. It's actually 380€. No thanks.

Well yeah, you don't have to tell me. Even though I have WiFi Sync enabled, the latest iTunes backup is from January 2016.. great. But there's a recent iCloud backup from last week. Good. At least something.

Yeah, wasn't really aiming to point fingers at you. it's just that i've seen this so many times, i like to reiterate to anyone who's listening.

wifi sync, if i recall is just the same as plugging it in...i don't think it's automatic? Honestly i can't remember. when they introduced it, i tried it out, it was sooooo slow, i never did ti again. Even if it were automatic, it's probably unreliable as crap.

Ambitious

Yeah, wasn't really aiming to point fingers at you. it's just that i've seen this so many times, i like to reiterate to anyone who's listening.

wifi sync, if i recall is just the same as plugging it in...i don't think it's automatic? Honestly i can't remember. when they introduced it, i tried it out, it was sooooo slow, i never did ti again. Even if it were automatic, it's probably unreliable as crap.

Oops. Reading my post again, the first sentence comes off kind of agressive. That was not my intention.

mrkgoo

Oops. Reading my post again, the first sentence comes off kind of agressive. That was not my intention.
Nah I didn't take it that way.

For the record, watchOS 4 doesn't show up for me in ios10. I was worried it would keep bugging me to update when I can't.

Nah I didn't take it that way.

For the record, watchOS 4 doesn't show up for me in ios10. I was worried it would keep bugging me to update when I can't.

I think watchOS4 requires iOS11 first, so the system wouldn’t be able to even prompt an iPhone 7 on iOS10 to install

mrkgoo

I think watchOS4 requires iOS11 first, so the system wouldn’t be able to even prompt an iPhone 7 on iOS10 to install

Yeah. I was always worried that it would be one of those instances Apple aggressively pushes and prompts, as they have been wont to do for sometime with updates.

Like it might add a red badge telling to upgrade and just warn that you need ios11 first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom