• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Gaming Dec/Jan: GET

PFD

So Apple now lets customers in EU get a refund for apps within 14 days of purchase, no questions asked. They're kind of overdoing it I think. Google's policy sounds a lot more reasonable

A free hidden gem of a platformer

Mercurial Story
Mercurial Story speak about a moody guy and his eternal fight between Anger and Happiness.
Play through 18 levels in this Puzzle - Platform Game with a strange Gravity!
While he is Happy the moody guy can double jump and the gravity faces down, instead when he is Angry the gravity faces up and he is unable to double jump.
Try to complete all the levels and get all the 18 Pills.

vC41NK2eqoX3bgCEaPlR4ZXUrbAJ10P8EAkv5IKo4k4rcFJ1IhOV4xV8mOT7SfyfBQ=h900

Bigfoot

Any iOS RPGs in the style of the Mario & Luigi games?

Also any thing missing from the IOS version of Enemy Within? I played Enemy Unknown on my PC when it was first released and I was thinking of buying the Within expansion but maybe I'll just play it on my iPad instead...

JCho133

Any iOS RPGs in the style of the Mario & Luigi games?

Also any thing missing from the IOS version of Enemy Within? I played Enemy Unknown on my PC when it was first released and I was thinking of buying the Within expansion but maybe I'll just play it on my iPad instead...

Just has fewer maps and doesn't have the ability to turn the DLC content off. Other than that everything is there

pdk27

So, this seems like as good a place as any to get opinions. Getting a new phone next week. Currently I have a iPhone 5. Still be going back and forth on whether to get the 6 or go 6+. Is the extra screen size/better battery/better camera been worth the trouble pocketing the 6+? Do most popular games at this point take advantage of the resolution? Do any games/apps besides Apple's native apps take advantage of landscape mode?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Am I a wuss for playing FTL on easy?

I've played the game for at least a couple dozen hours and I still haven't beat the final / boss section. So no, you're not.

Anyways, I'm a little lttp but desert golfing has basically consumed me. At first I was like "is that it?" after the first few holes, thinking it was too basic to hold my attention, but I played a few more and here we are now. 600+ holes in the past week.

http://toucharcade.com/2014/12/29/goat-simulator-mobile-update/

More Goat Simulator content coming soon. Yessss. I've done almost everything in the current version.

New RPG in the works from Rocketcat Games

https://www.facebook.com/rocketcatg...9859665485/959100354130761/?type=1&permPage=1
Things are going a bit slower due to the holidays. I'll be posting a Death Road progress update soon. Until then, here's a screenshot of a project we haven't announced yet, that's been worked on by a side team. It's a really fast paced tactical RPG, for mobile devices.
It works by having 5 cards at the bottom, each a move that tells one of your characters what to do.
10847296_959100354130761_2588266703895544069_o1-422x750.jpg

Anyone here played Furiosity? It's from the dev of Sugar, Sugar. It's a really simple yet not so simple puzzle game. Basically there are 144 levels and each one, you're presented with a colored grid. Your goal is to change the entire grid to a new color by tapping tiles. But the twist is that every level, the rules are different and you need to discover each level's logic on your own. One level, tapping a square might cause all adjacent tiles to change color. Another, all tiles in that row will change. The rules become more complex with each level.

Just a cool challenging puzzle game that's minimalist in its presentation and mechanics

Oh, and happy New Years IOSGAF! 2015 is shaping up to be another awesome year for IOS gaming

Just a quick refresher: Rex Rocket, Sol Invictus, Submerged, Love You To Bits, Calvino Noir, Luminous City, Death Road To Canada, The Curious Expedition, The Room 3, and more

Hey GAF. My wife and are going to be doing some traveling soon and are looking for some good games we can play offline on the iPhone since we won't have cellular connectivity and will only have WiFi at hotels. We both have an iPhone 4 (yes, I know, we're upgrading when we return from the trip) so we obviously can't run any very graphically intensive games. She generally likes word games/puzzles/riddle type games like Scramble and Words with Friends and I like platformers like Rayman. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Hey GAF. My wife and are going to be doing some traveling soon and are looking for some good games we can play offline on the iPhone since we won't have cellular connectivity and will only have WiFi at hotels. We both have an iPhone 4 (yes, I know, we're upgrading when we return from the trip) so we obviously can't run any very graphically intensive games. She generally likes word games/puzzles/riddle type games like Scramble and Words with Friends and I like platformers like Rayman. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Puzzles
- Zengrams
- Dwelp
- Qatqi
- Paint It Back
- Word Mage
- Icebreaker
- Membrane
- BlipBlup

Platformers
- Penumbear
- Incoboto
- Limbo
- VVVVVV
- Adventure Beaks
- Granny Smith

I feel ashamed, but.... Minigore 2 is actually fun and addicting as hell.

I was surprised to find Liberation Maiden on IOS, so I got that. Shame it's not optimized for newer devices, really.

Desert Golfing is some of the best gaming from 2014 for me.

Mad Bullets makes me miss Namco's Point Blank!, what a great game though? I mean, the presentation/art is so cool.

Zonr is free (temporarily?) and the presentation/music is great.

I feel ashamed, but.... Minigore 2 is actually fun and addicting as hell.

I was surprised to find Liberation Maiden on IOS, so I got that. Shame it's not optimized for newer devices, really.

Desert Golfing is some of the best gaming from 2014 for me.

Mad Bullets makes me miss Namco's Point Blank!, what a great game though? I mean, the presentation/art is so cool.

Zonr is free (temporarily?) and the presentation/music is great.
I still can't decide whether to get Desert Golfing. I've read a lot of praise and saw it mentioned as one of the best IOS games of the year, but the screenshots and gameplay looks very unappealing. What makes it so good?

awp69

I still can't decide whether to get Desert Golfing. I've read a lot of praise and saw it mentioned as one of the best IOS games of the year, but the screenshots and gameplay looks very unappealing. What makes it so good?

I have the Android version and don't really get the hype either. It's just a very minimalistic, endless version of Super Stickman Golf (without the creative courses in those games). It's an okay little time waster, but not much more IMO. I'd like to know why others are so crazy about it.

Then again, I also don't get the hype of Goat Simulator either. It's crazy and silly fun, but not something I find myself dying to play. Guess I just like games with a little more substance, even casual games that have objectives, etc.

I have the Android version and don't really get the hype either. It's just a very minimalistic, endless version of Super Stickman Golf (without the creative courses in those games). It's an okay little time waster, but not much more IMO. I'd like to know why others are so crazy about it.

Then again, I also don't get the hype of Goat Simulator either. It's crazy and silly fun, but not something I find myself dying to play. Guess I just like games with a little more substance, even casual games that have objectives, etc.
But Goat Sim is so awesome...
You played it on IOS or PC?
Cause the PC version got an absolutely insane fantasy RPG expansion, and has a ton of other content not in the mobile version.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
I may not have time to put up January's thread in a timely manner. Anyone else want to jump in as host on short notice?

awp69

But Goat Sim is so awesome...
You played it on IOS or PC?
Cause the PC version got an absolutely insane fantasy RPG expansion, and has a ton of other content not in the mobile version.

The iOS version. Don't get me wrong, it's fun - just not something I personally would rank high on my list of favorites. The RPG elements may add more value and with the upcoming update, hopefully iOS will get that added.

The iOS version. Don't get me wrong, it's fun - just not something I personally would rank high on my list of favorites. The RPG elements may add more value and with the upcoming update, hopefully iOS will get that added.

Yeah, IOS version got me bored really quickly. Guess I should have gotten it on Steam instead.

Desert Golfing is not gimmicky, imo. It's just pure gameplay/presentation/design. It has nothing to do with Goat Sim.

Not that it adds depth, but rather that it's insane and hilarious. One of the classes you can play is "Toaster" and the chat log messages are crazy

JCho133

From the dev of Lost Yeti

Neutronized said:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=RcisDUS5faM

Happy new year guys!

Drop Wizard is coming to the App Store next week on January 8th. We are very excited and we can't wait for you to play it!
Drop Wizard will be available to both iPhone and iPad ( Universal Premium App with no inapp purchases and no ads ) and will feature,

• Original gameplay and handy controls
• More than 60 stages to complete
• Vivid pixel art
• Awesome 16 bit soundtrack
• Epic boss battles
• Secret game modes

Thanks for your feedback and nice comments so far :)

Top Bottom