• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

triggaz

Banned
So I'm a noob at board games. Basically only played games like Monopoly and such I actually do own Carcasone for Ipad but have never played so if anyone interested in walking a noob though a game or hooking up for regular board game nights hit me up Drunken=triggaz.

Kreven

Hehe, yeah I saw a couple plays where it seems like you weren't sure about the rules. No full chat though so I couldn't tell you! :p Still won the first game.

You can actually enter your Twitter account info in the settings (taken from iOS) and if both players have it, you can chat in-game through Twitter.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
You can actually enter your Twitter account info in the settings (taken from iOS) and if both players have it, you can chat in-game through Twitter.

Oh hah ok everyone should do that. But is there any way to see if the other person has it and is chatting?

zenbot

The Cities and Knights expansion is out for Catan on iOS. It's a surprisingly poor implementation given the quality of the base app.

bonesquad

Is there a way to tell who has Lost Cities? (In game I mean.) Since it was my entire friend list I assumed the ??? Meant they never played. Is that just your % vs them?

After looking at the achievements and being disappointed I didn't get one for 100 Pts in a single online game (rather total), I saw one that said score 60 pts in 1 round? How is that possible? I'd think 4x10 is the best you could do...?

mercviper

Is there a way to tell who has Lost Cities? (In game I mean.) Since it was my entire friend list I assumed the ??? Meant they never played. Is that just your % vs them?

After looking at the achievements and being disappointed I didn't get one for 100 Pts in a single online game (rather total), I saw one that said score 60 pts in 1 round? How is that possible? I'd think 4x10 is the best you could do...?

Isn't there three 2x multipliers per color? that would let you get 6x10 for 60 points in a round.

bonesquad

I figured it out. There are 3 multiplier cards, each one adds 1 to your starting 1x for a max of 4x. If you play a 10 on a 4x column for 40 pts and it's your 8th card which nets you a bonus 20 pts, you get 60 on one turn.

Now I can sleep tonight.

LugNut74

I figured it out. There are 3 multiplier cards, each one adds 1 to your starting 1x for a max of 4x. If you play a 10 on a 4x column for 40 pts and it's your 8th card which nets you a bonus 20 pts, you get 60 on one turn.

Now I can sleep tonight.

Thanks was wondering this myself.

Been away from this thread for a long time but I updated the spreadsheet with a couple of games I didn't have down before. The thing is I mostly just play Carc still these days since other games are just too damn slow on my poor 3GS. Hero Academy was painful to play so I try to avoid it now.

Once I get an iPhone 5 (and hopefully an iPad Mini) I'll jump in to a bunch of online games of Ascension and Hex (and maybe Lost Cities if I buy it… I’ve heard it is like Battleline which I own the physical copy of). For now it is just mostly Carc... hard to believe it is still my post played app after all this time.

Looking back at the thread, I see I missed a Carc tourney and a sale on the Ascension expansions. Hopefully I can catch those the next time around.

Finally, I love how RaySpencer owns almost everything listed in the spreadsheet.

Yeah, I have a problem. haha. Ive bought a couple and never really played them, JUST to fill out the spreadsheet....

Im still waiting for Puerto Rico to go on sale though. I will probably grab lost cities tonight.

Blokus, Ingenious, Hive, Food Fight, Cabals, New World Colony, Kard Combat...are all things I shouldnt have bought, though some I got for free anyway, but still! im sure ive wasted at least 10 bucks on iOS boardgames I will never play, haha.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Also holy shit at all that stat tracking in lost cities. Real time card-by-card point tracking and graphing, 1v1 stats (how many games in a row, overall points etc) and more. The game is simple, so codingmonkeys just decided to go all out ballin' with the extra stuff.

Playdek and CodingMonkeys remain unchallenged on top.

Remy

One more chiming in that Lost Cities is fantastic. Been playing single player when I get a free minute today and just really enjoying it.

Finally added my details to the spreadsheet, but if you send me a friends request PLEASE mention GAF in the request. (I get a lot of weird random requests since I have a common/short GC name, and my default action is to reject.)

tm24

Not to derail the Lost Cities talk (bought and its awesome!) but i'll have the pools for our SW tourney up at 4:00Pm PST! From there on out, its Summoning TIME!

Smiley90

Not to derail the Lost Cities talk (bought and its awesome!) but i'll have the pools for our SW tourney up at 4:00Pm PST! From there on out, its Summoning TIME!

I'll count on that. Mind posting thorough rules/format? or if you've done that already and I've missed it, post it AGAIN? :p esp how the rules are with respect to team picking.

tm24

Tourney starts with pool play. you'll play 2 games per group member, with the loser getting to counterpick. Winner keeps same deck. Wins are 2pts, tiebreaks are determined by a playoff. top 2 of each group advance.

After pool play, we head to a 2/3 series single elimination knockout round. 3rd place will remain 2/3. Final will be 3/5. Prizes to be determined, but probably Itunes credit

Sounds good to everyone?

Smiley90

how does picking work the first time? So everyone just randomly picks a team, plays 1 game, then for the next game the person who won before announces their team first andthe other guy gets to counterpick? so you'd be playing 3x2 games (if there are 4 in 1 group), preferably both games you play against the same person twice in a row right away to get counterpicking right?

Same format for elimination?

tm24

how does picking work the first time? So everyone just randomly picks a team, plays 1 game, then for the next game the person who won before announces their team first andthe other guy gets to counterpick? so you'd be playing 3x2 games (if there are 4 in 1 group), preferably both games you play against the same person twice in a row right away to get counterpicking right?

Same format for elimination?

First game is random like always. Second game the winner stays with the same deck while the loser gets to change if they want. And yeah, right away from the result screen. Same with elimination.

Also, I'm selecting pools world cup style because i can! Also, anyone with roodicilous and eznark on their friend list be able to get me their w/l?

Smiley90

First game is random like always. Second game the winner stays with the same deck while the loser gets to change if they want. And yeah, right away from the result screen. Same with elimination.

Also, I'm selecting pools world cup style because i can! Also, anyone with roodicilous and eznark on their friend list be able to get me their w/l?

Roodiculous has 2/4 for w/l
eznark has 39/43 for w/l

Isn't there a problem with random always being TO, then FK etc, or is that fixed?

tm24

Isn't there a problem with random always being TO, then FK etc, or is that fixed?

I meant random as in you choose and since your opponent cant see the pick, its more or less random!

Also, i made the groups already

Group A: You're already Dead
Hereafter/thenafter
Mercviper
benny lava/barneshome
Got the Shakes
Roodiculous/roodiculous

Group B: Tundra Orcs aren't the only thing to fear in Canada
Smiley90
Blackflag/bl4ckfl4g
slacker
chicobalay
Gatekeeper/Z3R0_5UM

Group C: I did not rig this group
superrobot/Diesel Pioneer
eznark
Kosh / Kosh One
tm24 / mightytm24
kennah/kenchuk

Group D: There's a summoner trapped in someone's board game storage unit
Astrolad
gazele/gazele87
CzarTim
bonesquad/justjeff
AirBrian

Smiley90

I meant random as in you choose and since your opponent cant see the pick, its more or less random!

But won't all 1st round matchups be TO-TO or GD-GD mirror matches then... anything to anticipate that? :D

Hereafter/thenafter
Mercviper
benny lava/barneshome
Got the Shakes
Roodiculous/roodiculous

Smiley90
Blackflag/bl4ckfl4g
slacker
chicobalay
Gatekeeper/Z3R0_5UM

eznark
Kosh / Kosh One
tm24
kennah/kenchuk

Astrolad
gazele/gazele87
CzarTim
bonesquad/justjeff
AirBrian

LOLOLOLOLOL. Great Group names.

I'm a bit stingy with my iOS purchases; is Lost Cities worth the 4 bucks? It seems like a pretty simple game (which isn't necessarily bad), but I can't see the same depth that something like Caracassonne would offer to make up for it.

If Guild Wars 2 wasnt coming out right fucking now, I would be in on this SW tourney, im just assuming I will be playing a lot less iOS stuff in the next few weeks....or months...
Especially since I will be going back to WoW briefly as well too...

eznark

Banned

Hereafter/thenafter
Mercviper
benny lava/barneshome
Got the Shakes
Roodiculous/roodiculous

Smiley90
Blackflag/bl4ckfl4g
slacker
chicobalay
Gatekeeper/Z3R0_5UM

eznark
Kosh / Kosh One
tm24
kennah/kenchuk

Astrolad
gazele/gazele87
CzarTim
bonesquad/justjeff
AirBrian

So how are we doing this?

Bigfoot

Blokus, Ingenious, Hive, Food Fight, Cabals, New World Colony, Kard Combat...are all things I shouldnt have bought, though some I got for free anyway, but still! im sure ive wasted at least 10 bucks on iOS boardgames I will never play, haha.

I actually enjoy Ingenious, but I think I have some bias to it since I used to play it with my Dad. Good to know about the others. I was considering Hive and Blokus so I'll just pick those up if they go on sale or go free.

I actually enjoy Ingenious, but I think I have some bias to it since I used to play it with my Dad. Good to know about the others. I was considering Hive and Blokus so I'll just pick those up if they go on sale or go free.

Im not saying they are all bad, some just dont have the greatest online, or some I just never really played and some just feel a little too unpolished that I never really got into them. Most of them are decent games, I just have better games to play with people. haha.

Sent challenge as the Phoenix Elves to

benny lava/barneshome
Got the Shakes
Roodiculous/roodiculous

For the tourney.

I'm at work and don't have my iPad with me, and I'm going to a baseball game after work. I'll accept your game later tonight when I get home. Luckily this is the first weekend in months that I'll actually be home, so I should be able to play though games pretty quickly.

Vard

Got The Shakes, how's the Carc tourney game with soldat7 coming along? Just want to make sure things are still moving there!

Got The Shakes, how's the Carc tourney game with soldat7 coming along? Just want to make sure things are still moving there!

It's still being played. I assume that we are in opposite time zones since he seems to only play 3 or 4 moves a day. I'd say we're down to 30 or so tiles left, but I don't know for sure since I don't have my iPad with me. I can tell you that there are being turns taken everyday.

Smiley90

Hey chico, i have an invite from you open but not sure from when... Do you want me to use that one or wanna make a new match?

Invites to the others are going out!

I hope I'll find enough time during GW2... -looks at Ray-

tm24

Started a game with everyone in my group except tm24. Sent you a Gamecenter add tm.
Didnt get one. My gc is mightytm24. Forgot to edit that in

Hey chico, i have an invite from you open but not sure from when... Do you want me to use that one or wanna make a new match?

Invites to the others are going out!

I hope I'll find enough time during GW2... -looks at Ray-
Ugh, i want GW2 so bad, but my backlog is so big right now

AirBrian

Play eveyone in your group. You get 2 games against them. If you lose, youre allowed to edit rematch deck. Wins are 2 pts. Top 2 in each group advance

Would a Google doc be useful to help track this? I can try and set something up in the next day or so.

Vard

It's still being played. I assume that we are in opposite time zones since he seems to only play 3 or 4 moves a day. I'd say we're down to 30 or so tiles left, but I don't know for sure since I don't have my iPad with me. I can tell you that there are being turns taken everyday.
Cool, thanks for the update. Good luck.

I'm hungry for my next Carc tourney match!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Really astrolad? Phoenix elves? What happened to your cave goblins? :) Lol, oh well, mirror match it is haha

Aww man didn't even realize it was league sorry. Can we re-do and have this one be unofficial? Need to remember my peeps:
Astrolad
gazele/gazele87
CzarTim
bonesquad/justjeff
AirBrian

Top Bottom