• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

tm24

Yeah I've been getting more into Dwarves recently. I really do wish they had a random teams option though, especially when the new factions come out.

Oh man, fuck your walls. Makes me work harder with my turtling strategy

In other random news, i bought a new video card and now i can't go buy RL SW decks :(

AstroLad you twisted my arm...Summoner Wars is amazing. I haven't gone into customizing quite yet, getting familiar with each deck and mechanics.

tm24

AstroLad you twisted my arm...Summoner Wars is amazing. I haven't gone into customizing quite yet, getting familiar with each deck and mechanics.
Come join our tournament. You're guaranteed 6 games with some very good players with different play styles

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Attacking with 8 cards and 22 power in total in Nightfall feels soooo gooooood. Sorry butz lol

If you have custom decks you can select a random custom deck. Thats what I've been doing lately.

Edit: I find the dwarves so boring to play... build magic, build magic, GROR!

Yeah, but thats only YOUR play style, haha. I dont have many other battles with people that are just magic building matches. Clearly its something we should all be doing though, since you win 70% of your matches, haha.

butzopower

proud of his butz
Attacking with 8 cards and 22 power in total in Nightfall feels soooo gooooood. Sorry butz lol

That game was a classic case of over focus on control and not enough aggression. I had you by the strings, until I didn't, and then it all came crashing down hard.

Smiley90

So i guess if Le havre is on sale on iphone I'll buy it tonight/tmrw and will be up for games once i figure it out :)

tm24

Yeah, but thats only YOUR play style, haha. I dont have many other battles with people that are just magic building matches. Clearly its something we should all be doing though, since you win 70% of your matches, haha.
I wonder what would happen if I played hereafter

Hereafter

Hey Astro did that too! The problem is that Gror + defender really OP in lots of matches and if you don't go for Gror you'll die really bad.

Personally I like playing the Dwarves the second least (goblins are my worst). I jus don't see any other way to play the Dwarves unlike the Jungle Elves, Phoenix Elves, Orcs, etc.

Edit @TM, I'll challenge you. Any race you would like me to play?

Hey Astro did that too! The problem is that Gror + defender really OP in lots of matches and if you don't go for Gror you'll die really bad.

Personally I like playing the Dwarves the second least (goblins are my worst). I jus don't see any other way to play the Dwarves unlike the Jungle Elves, Phoenix Elves, Orcs, etc.

Edit @TM, I'll challenge you. Any race you would like me to play?

Yeah, I guess since there commons dont do that much damage, you need to rely on the champs. Destroying their walls is pretty fun though, haha.

Hereafter

iOSAsafN1o5yl.jpg

The real secret to my success...

Smiley90

Picked up La Havre and look forward to learning it. Saw Tikal and Ra were also on sale. Are either of those worth picking up?

Tikal is pretty fun, even single player, Ra I didn't enjoy too much. Unfortunately Codito sucks pretty bad for multiplayer, so take it with a grain of salt... but the games are definitely not too bad ports. And the underlying games are good, too.

AirBrian

Le Havre on iphone is a clusterfuck of UI. I CAN DO THISSSSSSSS.

It's playable once you learn what the symbols are. Hang in there, fellow Le Havre iPhone player! The game is playable and gets better after a few games.

Also, any of you new guys send some invites my way!

bonesquad

Wow, people weren't kidding about the Le Havre UI on an iPhone. Despite what Toucharcade says, Ascension and SW are perfectly playable on iPhone. Le Havre... barely. :) I guess when you have 16 different resources and a couple dozen buildings in play fitting it all isn't going to be easy.

I played the tutorial and the mechanics seem easy enough. But again with 16 resources, I have no idea how you're really supposed to play this yet:) The game could use a list of all the buildings/ships and their costs so I could maybe plan ahead for them. Maybe.

eB4iz.png

Swapped places on accident grrr now I'm about to get manhandled by two champions. Any way to undo moves? It's already too late but it would be nice to have the option to redo a phase. I probably wouldn't have this problem if I had an iPad.

butzopower

proud of his butz
eB4iz.png

Swapped places on accident grrr now I'm about to get manhandled by two champions. Any way to undo moves? It's already too late but it would be nice to have the option to redo a phase. I probably wouldn't have this problem if I had an iPad.

With PlayDek, you are lucky to even have a confirmation pop up.

bonesquad

I'd love the option to redo the battle phase:) The other day I played a game where I managed to go 1-for-10 in rolls against my opponent's summoner over two turns. They of course kept rolling perfectly. Took out my Baldar in one shot with a 4-of-4 roll and then eventually my summoner. If I had even gone 2-of-10 I would have won:(

Kosh

Any idea when the SW tourney is starting. I only have one game going and been trying to wait for the tourney before I start any more.

kennah

Hey eznark i dont know whats going on. It won't let me finish my turn. I think it is because you have the cancel damage champion in play.

tm24

Any idea when the SW tourney is starting. I only have one game going and been trying to wait for the tourney before I start any more.

Im trying to gather a few more participants. Heres what i got so far

Hereafter
Astrolad
Smiley90
superrobot/Diesel Pioneer
Blackflag/bl4ckfl4g
Mercviper
Kosh / Kosh One
CzarTim
benny lava/barneshome
Got the Shakes
bonesquad/justjeff
tm24
Gatekeeper/Z3R0_5UM
AirBrian
gazele/gazele87
slacker

So i got 16 right now, but if i can hit 20, that would be even better.

So sign up people. Im looking at you kennah and eznark!

Hereafter

My GC handle is Thenafter.

Where is Scrabbledude? Figured he'll be in the tourney.

Also are we allowing mirror matches in the tourney?

mercviper

Yo Summoners!

Signups are now open for the Summoner Wars Summer Magic Fiesta ∞ Dream Draw Roll Build Cup. Rankings are based on W/l percentage. 1st tier is >50 (maybe 75?) games played, 2nd tier is >25(maybe 40?) and the third tier is based on less than that. Hereafter is automatic one seed based on his performance in the last tourney.

W/L

Tourney starts with pool play. Depending on the signups, we'll have different number of groups. Either way, you'll play 2 games per group member, with the loser getting to counterpick. Wins are 2pts, tiebreaks are determined by a playoff. If we get that number of people i think we will, top 2 of each group advance.

After pool play, we head to a 2/3 series single elimination knockout round. 3rd place will remain 2/3. Final will be 3/5. Prizes to be determined, but probably Itunes credit

Sounds good to everyone?

Do you have rules regarding counterpicks set? I assume the winner has to at least play the same faction, but is it limited also to the same deck composition?

eznark

Banned
Im trying to gather a few more participants. Heres what i got so far

Hereafter
Astrolad
Smiley90
superrobot/Diesel Pioneer
Blackflag/bl4ckfl4g
Mercviper
Kosh / Kosh One
CzarTim
benny lava/barneshome
Got the Shakes
bonesquad/justjeff
tm24
Gatekeeper/Z3R0_5UM
AirBrian
gazele/gazele87
slacker

So i got 16 right now, but if i can hit 20, that would be even better.

So sign up people. Im looking at you kennah and eznark!

I signed up day one i thought

Hereafter

eB4iz.png

I can't see all the cards but it looks like you are going to win. Can't you sly Sneek out after you kill the Drake?

tm24

Do you have rules regarding counterpicks set? I assume the winner has to at least play the same faction, but is it limited also to the same deck composition?
Same deck.otherwise the counterpick has no purpose

Also, tourney is closed unless 4 more people sign up.I'll have the pools up by Friday

Ok, so... these are the board games I have on my iPad:

- Ascension
- Carcassonne
- Catan HD
- Caylus
- Le Havre
- Puerto Rico HD
- Ticket To Ride
- Tigris Euphrates

So... apart from the whole dominion fiasco and Summoner Wars am I missing any major game here?

Hereafter

Ok, so... these are the board games I have on my iPad:

- Ascension
- Carcassonne
- Catan HD
- Caylus
- Le Havre
- Puerto Rico HD
- Ticket To Ride
- Tigris Euphrates

So... apart from the whole dominion fiasco and Summoner Wars am I missing any major game here?

Personally:

Neuroshima Hex
Ghost Stories (Single Player)

Smiley90

Hey Ray, just fyi, but in NSHEX, when you're playing the jungle thing, o make use of
The "bonus gets shared among all units", the bonus tile STILL Has to AIM at a unit", it won't work if it aims somewhere outside ;) like you did a few times in our game.

Hey Ray, just fyi, but in NSHEX, when you're playing the jungle thing, o make use of
The "bonus gets shared among all units", the bonus tile STILL Has to AIM at a unit", it won't work if it aims somewhere outside ;) like you did a few times in our game.

Yeah, I noticed that the second time I dropped one, haha. I dont play these guys often, I payed more attention to that stuff, and made my 3rd buff drop count though, haha.

Also, take your turn in SW!

soldat7

Lost Cities doesn't have a lot going on, and I'm sure it will look fine at 2x. Give it time and I'm sure it will be universal.

No Universal, no local multi...is there even asynchronous play? I'm amazed that this was made by the Carcassonne devs...

This Goko-level dumb.

(Posted from the other thread)

Top Bottom