• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Irish Thread

acohrs

Post on the Off Topic 1st page, "St. Patties".........

he's the patron saint of drinking right?

On a related note, England vs Ireland on Saturday and St Patrick's Day on Friday, stay away from Dublin city centre this weekend lads, it will be a bombsite and probably won't be cleaned until Monday...

Lucreto

he's the patron saint of drinking right?

On a related note, England vs Ireland on Saturday and St Patrick's Day on Friday, stay away from Dublin city centre this weekend lads, it will be a bombsite and probably won't be cleaned until Monday...

Listen to this man. The last match in the Aviva the place all around was destroyed. Add St Paddy's Day and the match is against England. I can report on the damage on my way to work next Monday.

Hopefully Ireland can win but not expecting it. I would get some joy in stopped England getting back to back Grand Slams.

Lucreto

So...anyone else watching the Twitch Power Rangers stream?

I have been dropping in and out of it from the last few hours. I will probably stop once they finish with Lord Zedd and the original cast is gone. That is where my nostalgia ends.

I have the Megazord somewhere at home. Rita sounds like Frieza from Dragonball Z so much so I had to look it up.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
I have been dropping in and out of it from the last few hours. I will probably stop once they finish with Lord Zedd and the original cast is gone. That is where my nostalgia ends.

I have the Megazord somewhere at home. Rita sounds like Frieza from Dragonball Z so much so I had to look it up.
I lasted up until Time Force. So yeah...fair number of years.

17309575_674323999417334_5452530082123299038_n.jpg

Doesn't look too horrible from a high vantage point.

Podge293

Sitting for an interview in a new department in my place

My boss walks in and there's that awkward moment of "we both know why I'm here let's just feign niceties".

Pleasant

acohrs

Sitting for an interview in a new department in my place

My boss walks in and there's that awkward moment of "we both know why I'm here let's just feign niceties".

Pleasant

Should have just said, 'So, that payrise better be coming soon otherwise this decision will be pretty easy'.

Podge293

To put the icing on the cake, I was in the wrong building for the interview.

The shame is real haha

Rescheduled for tomorrow tho so that's good at least

acohrs

To put the icing on the cake, I was in the wrong building for the interview.

The shame is real haha

Rescheduled for tomorrow tho so that's good at least

What if tomorrow whilst waiting for the interview, you run into you boss again? She might think you're applying for any other job in the company to get away from her haha!

Podge293

What if tomorrow whilst waiting for the interview, you run into you boss again? She might think you're applying for any other job in the company to get away from her haha!

Gonna look him dead in the eye and just ask for more money.

Doubt I will tomorrow. He's off thank god ha

Podge293

At gamercon today. Queue was about 45 mins in. Then even more queues inside. Queue city really

Played an n64 tho. Good craic that

acohrs

Lads, on the eve of another grand slam for England, I wasn't feeling happy. I was sad since that would mean they would have to beat Ireland to win it. After nearly 4 years here, I think I've become more of a fan of the boys in green than those in white. So, I hope Ireland win today and stop England's grand slam (that felt weird to say!)

Podge293

Oh it gets even better. Oversold it (yet still selling tickets). Now they're rejecting people at the door and telling them to go home. After hours of queueing

Podge293

They're still selling? Thought it sold out immediately!

They reopened the sales earlier today. Then realised they had screwed up. Closed sales. Changed the Ts&Cs and panicked. Offering refunds to anybody willing to ask for them.

It was an absolute farce of an event.

acohrs

They reopened the sales earlier today. Then realised they had screwed up. Closed sales. Changed the Ts&Cs and panicked. Offering refunds to anybody willing to ask for them.

Really? Was it stadium box office?

NateDog

I'd say I'm surprised but honestly the way the majority of events in Dublin are handled is a joke. Even just going to a gig at The Marquee in Cork a couple of years back showed me the difference between the levels of organisation with gigs alone can be huge.

Lucreto

Great match we denied England so much today

We denied them the Triple Crown, the grand slam, being the first to win 2 consecutive Grand Slams and the world record of most consecutive wins.

Top Bottom