• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Irish Thread

acohrs

Switches still available in Stephens green gamestop if anyone's interested. Going to hold off as it looks like my battery fears are being confirmed.

I love the console, but... I don't think Zelda is enough for me for two months till Mario Kart. Then it's even longer till splatoon and Mario. Might sell mine and get the cash back, wait till the summer.

NateDog

Away from the Switch but sticking with Nintendo, have any of you guys in Dublin seen anywhere with sensor bars for the Wii / WiiU in stock on the cheap? I got mine from some cheap Chinese site I think a while back but it broke and I can't wait 1-2 months for another one. I could have sworn I might have seen one in the Dundrum Golden Discs along with the weird number of PS2 and Wii games but I think I might have mistaken that with some other sort of bar or speaker. I know the RAGE has them but they're a bit pricey.

Catvoca

Banned
Away from the Switch but sticking with Nintendo, have any of you guys in Dublin seen anywhere with sensor bars for the Wii / WiiU in stock on the cheap? I got mine from some cheap Chinese site I think a while back but it broke and I can't wait 1-2 months for another one. I could have sworn I might have seen one in the Dundrum Golden Discs along with the weird number of PS2 and Wii games but I think I might have mistaken that with some other sort of bar or speaker. I know the RAGE has them but they're a bit pricey.

CeX should have them

acohrs

Try CEX, might sell them on their website. Otherwise give Ninty support a call

Catvoca

Banned
Anyone here preordered something from Simply Games? Do you know if they ship stuff on time/ in a reasonable time frame to Ireland?

I was trying to find LOZ Spirit Tracks in town today, only place had it in stock was The Rage for €35! Christ. Also cex has started selling retro stuff, but it looks like they're following the same line as Rage, as in charging way too much for it.

acohrs

I was trying to find LOZ Spirit Tracks in town today, only place had it in stock was The Rage for €35! Christ. Also cex has started selling retro stuff, but it looks like they're following the same line as Rage, as in charging way too much for it.
If it was phantom hourglass it'd be OK, but spirit tracks?? Should be selling that train wreck for the price of a bag of meanies

acohrs

Got the letter from Three there, I can cancel my phone contract penalty three, well happy with that. Go from 60 a month to 20.

Spirit tracks is fabulous!

source.gif

I have the disposable money for a Switch but I still have Yakuza to finish, then Ill probably get around to Horizon, then Persona 5 will be out, then after that maybe FFXV will have that extra story content and I can finish that.

Lots of real good, real big games out these days.

Lucreto

Trying to decide should I play Tales of Zestiria all weekend and try and finish the game and then play Horizon over the long weekend or the other way around. Then we have Mass Effect Andromeda the week after.

Too many games so little time.

PS: I loved Spirit Tracks, it's not many games that Zelda travels around with you.

NateDog

Trying to decide should I play Tales of Zestiria all weekend and try and finish the game and then play Horizon over the long weekend or the other way around. Then we have Mass Effect Andromeda the week after.

Too many games so little time.

PS: I loved Spirit Tracks, it's not many games that Zelda travels around with you.
I pushed through Zestiria but wish I never did, it was a complete waste of my time. I have been better lately in asking myself when playing a game that I'm not too keen on "am I actually enjoying this?" and sometimes putting it down if the answer is no like with Fallout 4. I realised there's no point in wasting the little time that I do have for gaming on finishing something I've spent 10 or 20 hours on just to say that I finished it. Maybe you're enjoying it so if so disregard this, but if not then it doesn't get better. I'm stunned the game was seen as being as good as a lot of players said it was. I was already on the fence after Xillia but I'm done with Tales now, don't give a crap how many people say Berseria is good or not even if Baba didn't work on it.

I've missed and will miss so many games lately. KH 2.8, NieR and Andromeda were all day one for me but instead at best I'll get one of them in the summer now.

Our lease is up in 3 months and I've been looking at the rent prices for houses just to gauge as we'll have to actively start looking soon but man it has just gotten so much worse since last year. I don't know what we're going to do. Wanted to move to somewhere like Kildare with good transport links to Dublin to do is until I learn to drive and can drive alone but they aren't entirely better considering the added public transport costs and commuting time.

Lucreto

I pushed through Zestiria but wish I never did, it was a complete waste of my time. I have been better lately in asking myself when playing a game that I'm not too keen on "am I actually enjoying this?" and sometimes putting it down if the answer is no like with Fallout 4. I realised there's no point in wasting the little time that I do have for gaming on finishing something I've spent 10 or 20 hours on just to say that I finished it. Maybe you're enjoying it so if so disregard this, but if not then it doesn't get better. I'm stunned the game was seen as being as good as a lot of players said it was. I was already on the fence after Xillia but I'm done with Tales now, don't give a crap how many people say Berseria is good or not even if Baba didn't work on it.

I've missed and will miss so many games lately. KH 2.8, NieR and Andromeda were all day one for me but instead at best I'll get one of them in the summer now.

Our lease is up in 3 months and I've been looking at the rent prices for houses just to gauge as we'll have to actively start looking soon but man it has just gotten so much worse since last year. I don't know what we're going to do. Wanted to move to somewhere like Kildare with good transport links to Dublin to do is until I learn to drive and can drive alone but they aren't entirely better considering the added public transport costs and commuting time.

I actually meant Tales of Berseria but auto corrected to Zestiria. :|

Zestiria equipment system ruins the game but Berseria makes it easier to use. I loved Xillia and Xillia 2. It's one of those rare instances I actually felt sad once I finished the games as I was enjoying the game so much. Only Suikoden 2, Okami and the Ezio Assassin's Creed games made me fell that way.

I plan on cutting back and try and clear the backlog. I have Mafia 3 which I got cheap at Christmas and Dishonored 2 for my Birthday still in the wrapper. I was going to leave FFXII remaster until later but the CE was too good to pass up and the Shadow of War one was also amazing. It has a Dragon on it so I can't pass it up.

I live in Kildare so I can give some insight on transport. Depending on where you are planning to go the transport links are spotty. Bus Eireann buses are every hour and usually 20 Minutes late. There are private buses but I have no experience with them. The N7 in the morning will be horrible even on a bus. It can take 40 to 50 minutes from Naas to City West for example which takes 20 Minutes on a weekend. Tickets are like €12 return a day.

By car it's worse as 3 lanes bottleneck to 2 at Naas and can add 40 minutes to the journey.

Trains are okay. There are ones nearly every hours off peak and 15 minutes on peak to Heuston. There is a few special ones that go to Connolly Station but it's like 3 trains in the morning and 3 in the Evening. Tickets are like €40 a week on these trains.

Well happy I got to cancel my 24 month contract with Three. 60 a month my arse.

€60 a month? I hate those contracts. I would rather pay for the phone outright and top up when I need too. I need to get a new plan with 4G most don't text anymore but use Facebook and What's App to talk to each other. I am out of the loop until I hit a free WiFi spot. Currently I pay €11 a month for 1GB

Zestiria equipment system ruins the game but Berseria makes it easier to use. I loved Xillia and Xillia 2. It's one of those rare instances I actually felt sad once I finished the games as I was enjoying the game so much. Only Suikoden 2, Okami and the Ezio Assassin's Creed games made me fell that way.

I plan on cutting back and try and clear the backlog. I have Mafia 3 which I got cheap at Christmas and Dishonored 2 for my Birthday still in the wrapper. I was going to leave FFXII remaster until later but the CE was too good to pass up and the Shadow of War one was also amazing. It has a Dragon on it so I can't pass it up.

I live in Kildare so I can give some insight on transport. Depending on where you are planning to go the transport links are spotty. Bus Eireann buses are every hour and usually 20 Minutes late. There are private buses but I have no experience with them. The N7 in the morning will be horrible even on a bus. It can take 40 to 50 minutes from Naas to City West for example which takes 20 Minutes on a weekend. Tickets are like €12 return a day.

By car it's worse as 3 lanes bottleneck to 2 at Naas and can add 40 minutes to the journey.

Trains are okay. There are ones nearly every hours off peak and 15 minutes on peak to Heuston. There is a few special ones that go to Connolly Station but it's like 3 trains in the morning and 3 in the Evening. Tickets are like €40 a week on these trains.

€60 a month? I hate those contracts. I would rather pay for the phone outright and top up when I need too. I need to get a new plan with 4G most don't text anymore but use Facebook and What's App to talk to each other. I am out of the loop until I hit a free WiFi spot. Currently I pay €11 a month for 1GB

Yeah, it was supposed to be 55 but they always found little charges to bring it up to 60, cheeky bastards. I agree, wouldn't do a contract like that again.

Very mild today. Bunsens was nice.

acohrs

Yeah, it was supposed to be 55 but they always found little charges to bring it up to 60, cheeky bastards. I agree, wouldn't do a contract like that again.

Very mild today. Bunsens was nice.

Which bunsen did you go to? Tried Wow burger at the Workmans, it's nice but I think that I still prefer bunsen

NateDog

Cheers for the info, I'll have a think about it.

Top Bottom