• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Irish Thread

Podge293

The best bit about the Irish league is that the players are in no way pros. So if fans yell at them, 1 out of 3 times they will respond. Best bits of the match. Some shamrock player got into a yelling fight with a st pats fan last year, better than the match!

Haha does sound like a bit of banter. Might try go to one or two this year so

NateDog

Lads what's the deal with this weather? One of the driest winters I've seen for a while and then the last 2 weeks have been horrid.

Dazzler

The best bit about the Irish league is that the players are in no way pros. So if fans yell at them, 1 out of 3 times they will respond. Best bits of the match. Some shamrock player got into a yelling fight with a st pats fan last year, better than the match!

I once saw a Shelbourne player get hit with a cheeseburger in the side of the head thrown from the Camac

League of Ireland is great fun

acohrs

I once saw a Shelbourne player get hit with a cheeseburger in the side of the head thrown from the Camac

League of Ireland is great fun

After going to a league of Ireland match, premiership matches can seem so professional and lacking in charisma in comparison!

PowerTaxi

Banned
Fucking hell, I think the last LoI match I went to was a Bohs match where my cousin was a mascot.

Must've been 10/12 years ago.

Lucreto

Pity I rely on Amazon for most of my purchases as I would stop using them.

I ordered the Horizon CE from the well over 6 months ago. It was out yesterday and it was still sitting in waiting to dispatch. I tried to change the address to get it to come by parcel motel so I could at least play it Sunday. I got an error so I contacted Customer service, they told me to cancel and reorder as they have the same error. I told them it's out of stock so it's impossible to do so and I thought they would have more access to the system to change it.

I got a reply at 3am saying sorry you can't change the address from an Irish one to a UK one at this late stage. So they will cancelled it so I can reorder it.

They got an all caps lock reply saying don't cancel it and I am waiting on a reply from them.

They haven't paid me back yet but the game is not on my orders page.

What a morning. /Rant

I ordered the Horizon CE from the well over 6 months ago. It was out yesterday and it was still sitting in waiting to dispatch. I tried to change the address to get it to come by parcel motel so I could at least play it Sunday. I got an error so I contacted Customer service, they told me to cancel and reorder as they have the same error. I told them it's out of stock so it's impossible to do so and I thought they would have more access to the system to change it.

I got a reply at 3am saying sorry you can't change the address from an Irish one to a UK one at this late stage. So they will cancelled it so I can reorder it.

They got an all caps lock reply saying don't cancel it and I am waiting on a reply from them.

What a morning. /Rant

Thought the game is out tomorrow in UK/Ireland?

acohrs

What a morning. /Rant

Problem with Amazon is they release games for dispatch on release days for Ireland. Would rather pay more at gamestop and get it on release although I buy fewer games than before so not such a problem.

acohrs

If you all live in Dublin, there's a network at carphone warehouse called blueface that's great value for money. Reception outside of Dublin is crappie but in dublin, it's on par with others. Was on it for a few years but switched to Vodafone because I couldn't stand not getting reception at my in laws country home in the Midlands.

NateDog

I'm with Virgin Media and pay €25 a month on a rolling contract for unlimited texts, calls and data. Think they still do it if you sign up as part of someone who has Virgin broadband or TV. Best off only doing it if in places like Dublin or Kildare (maybe Cork or Galway too), coverage outside of that is not the best but it has improved a huge amount recently. I used to get no internet when in my girlfriend's house in Offaly but it was significantly improved the last time I was there.

PowerTaxi

Banned
From what I got told you've to wait till you get a message or email from em. Once you do you can cancel the contract scot free.

900k bill pay customers getting hit. All the prepay lads and ladies

I didn't wait for a message from them, just rang up and cancelled. Took 4 minutes.

Lucreto

Thought the game is out tomorrow in UK/Ireland?

It was released Wednesday for some reason.

Problem with Amazon is they release games for dispatch on release days for Ireland. Would rather pay more at gamestop and get it on release although I buy fewer games than before so not such a problem.

9 times out of 10 I usually dispatches on the Thursday before a Friday release. Games I usually want to play I use parcel motel. It's still cheaper than Gamestop.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
And here I am still waiting for my copy of Yakuza 0 to arrive. It was supposed to arrive last Wednesday, DAMMIT!

Lucreto

And here I am still waiting for my copy of Yakuza 0 to arrive. It was supposed to arrive last Wednesday, DAMMIT!

Check to see if it's been shipped by Asendia. If so you will never get it. As least 6 of the last 10 packages never arrived and the other 4 were two weeks late.

acohrs

But it's cheaper. Plus I ordered it almost a month ago and only shipped about two weeks ago.

It is yeah but shipping is atrocious. With the little I buy now, I'd rather wall into a shop and buy it on lunch break than order and wait a week or so. Doesn't just apply to games

Podge293

So I caved and bought a switch on the way to work this morning. Picking it up at lunch. Have to get the zelda game from tallaght tho so will be playing late tonight.

I've no willpower against new consoles. Damn me

Daire

Neo Member
Damn it, I'm trying to be strong. I decided I didn't want to get a switch on launch, but the temptation is too real.

acohrs

Colleague at work checked gamestop.ie stock and said most locations are still green, so will be pretty handy to pick one up. I think Zelda may sell out though from the noise on here.

Desmond

So I caved and bought a switch on the way to work this morning. Picking it up at lunch. Have to get the zelda game from tallaght tho so will be playing late tonight.

I've no willpower against new consoles. Damn me

I've decided to wait until the summer. There's a lot of Japanese games I want to import. Need to find a job first too. :(

Podge293

Dammit wasn't feeling the switch hype today until I saw Podge's caving, now I feel like caving. Feck you Podge!!

I got the text saying it's available for pickup. Might actually try get some demo game time in at lunch.

Like bobby roode;

bobby-roode-glorious-wallpaper-1920x1200.jpg

Lucreto

Looks I am one of the few who could resist getting a Switch.

I had no real hype for it anyway. Maybe in a year or two when it has games. Once you finish Zelda there be nothing until Mario I would be interested in.

NateDog

I didn't get it either although that was more for financial reasons. Plus I generally say no to buying new systems this early on these days.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
Amazon seems to keep declining my payments for some reason, and I don't know why. It's been the same address and card I've been using over the past few months.

Top Bottom