• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is it just me, or there has been not a single Summer Olympics game since London 2012? Also - which are the best ones?

Cyberpunkd

I tried to search through lots of stupid Reddit threads and except cartoon stuff like Sonic vs. Mario - is there anything in sports genre that is not American football, soccer, tennis, basketball or NHL?

Because everything "track and field" I'm seeing are games from 20-30 years ago. Inspired by Paris 2024 I was trying to find a great Summer Olympics game for Steam Deck but I am coming up with absolutely nothing.

nial

Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 - The Official Video Game, released on July 24, 2019 in Japan, and on June 22, 2021 in the West.
ZZiL1S1.jpeg

Loomy

Thinks Microaggressions are Real
I remember playing one on my bootleg NES back in the day. Hurdles was fun.

ranmafan

Summer_Games_cover.jpg

Played that and Winter Games a lot as a kid.
This when combined with Summer Games II is still in my opinion the greatest Olympic Games like game ever. Had everything right. Great selection of sports with good gameplay. Opening and closing ceremonies. Results with national anthems playing for winners. It was so good. The entire games series by Epyx was fantastic, but summer games I and II was just epic! I probably played those games more than any other game in my entire life.

Top Bottom