• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

is Nexon and The First Descendant trolling Concord with this new suit?

ThisIsMyDog

i mean, characters looks nice in The First Descendant but i get bored by it very quickly, it is getting better after longer playtime?

BlackTron

I think it would have to look a lot worse to be trolling Concord. I mean they're both green and both have armbands so there's that.

Concord version doesn't even have a helmet it's like that annoying sweatshirt with a too-small hood because it was cheap.

Bloobs

Al Pachinko, Konami President
banana GIF by FirstAndMonday

Mownoc

They don't even look remotely similar. The design is completely different. The only thing similar is that they're both (a completley different shade) of green.

Seek help.

Last edited:

panda-zebra

Valby's frog suit was in the beta aaaaages ago, so no.

My bad, but it was in the reveal over a month ago, so still no.

Last edited:

Same ol G

No Valby is a water based character so they gave her a frog suit.
You honestly believe Concord made such an impression that other devs would troll the game?
I'd rather believe they looked at the game and learned what definitely not to do when making games.

Last edited:

winjer

Gold Member
I still find it surprising at how bad Concord's character and costume designs were.
It takes a lot of effort or a gigantic lack of talent, to be able to make something look so terrible.

Kotaro

I still find it surprising at how bad Concord's character and costume designs were.
It takes a lot of effort or a gigantic lack of talent, to be able to make something look so terrible.

they're trying so hard to be woke, obese, old grandma, gender-confused, rainbow hair, all that and the pronouns just killed the game, no amount of great gameplay can even save that game at that point

MiguelItUp

Not at all. Color is about the closest thing, even then it's nowhere near 1:1. I wouldn't trust anything from that Twitter account. They're just trying to twist it into a "Western game development bad, Eastern game development superior" thing. Not surprised considering who it's from.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
If you combine the outfit from Concord character above with big black chick's TMNT armour, you kind of get the Descendent costume.

Kill two bird with one stone. Well done Nexon. lol

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
I swear they're obsessed with it.

Its pretty comical considering there's zero chance that Concord is the last live-service wannabe that's gonna fall on its face at launch.

Its the same gold-rush mentality that had everyone and their dog trying their hands at MMORPG's in the wake of WoW's success, and the outcome in the long term I strongly suspect is going to be very similar.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Its pretty comical considering there's zero chance that Concord is the last live-service wannabe that's gonna fall on its face at launch.

Its the same gold-rush mentality that had everyone and their dog trying their hands at MMORPG's in the wake of WoW's success, and the outcome in the long term I strongly suspect is going to be very similar.
Gaming is a very copycat kind of industry.

Along with MMO, there was also the trend in the 90s of everything going RTS. NES and 16-bit days had a million mascot platformers. It's like every game company tried to make their own cartoon character mouthpiece. COD has a million copycatters. Fortnite has brought on more too. And whomever it was (maybe Fortnite???) even brought on tons of studios copying cover art with that cheesy colourful party montage pic of 5-10 characters all bunched together like it's a family photo shoot during Christmas holidays. So even cover art style is copied.

For an industry that is supposed be tons of creative geniuses sitting around boardroom tables with ultra rig PCs with the latest edition of Photoshop and Unreal Engine at their cubicle, the actual creativity is lousy. The vast majority of plots, gameplay, tropes etc... are as predictable as you can get. With exception that indie gaming is where you get some cool ideas. Something like Dave the Diver and Balatro have sold 2-3M copies each. They wont be GTA levels of sales success, but it goes to show people would rather buy these small budget games even though many big corporation games have better production values and 10x more marketing.

Last edited:

Hawk The Slayer

Neo Member
Concord, Dustborn ands games like those are trash made by the worse people and has the worse looking characters and designs. But I don't personally think this looks was made to mock them, it seems different enough but who knows. Anyway never played the First Desendant but that suit looked pretty good on her.

Salz01

I hope they troll. Western devs just suck at character models. All that hardware and tech and the characters look ugly.

Top Bottom