• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is there a site that tracks new games added to MAME? (not a roms request)

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
I have been out of the loop with MAME for almost a year now, and have no idea what games have been added to it in that timeframe. Is there a site that simply tracks new stuff added to MAME with screenshots for supported games (I'm not asking for a site that has roms for download, just a database with names and screenshots)

Ar_

The official site at http://www.mame.net/ is the most obvious place.
On the Status page you can see screenshots for the work in progess, as well as older updates, or browse them alphabetically.

You may go to http://crashtest.retrogames.com/page.php?page=shots and download screenshot packs for MAME32, then browse them directly in the emulator.

You can use Clear MAME Pro, or the built in Audit function of MAME32, to parse your game collection and see what you miss.

Im going to PM you soon the address of a site that I think may have roms (havent checked), but especially a nice collection of screenshots for many old systems, included over 10k for MAME.

Not exactly what you asked, but I highly recommend checking MAMEND, an italian site with ending sshots for over 1200 MAME games, at http://emulazione.multiplayer.it/mamend/
Or GAMEND, 200 endings for non MAME games, at http://emulazione.multiplayer.it/mamend/gamend/

There are more, but I guess you are set for a while already =)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I wish mame.dk was still up, cause that was the only site i could find that showed what got added and updated with each version

Ar_

Check your PMs.
Nice place, isnt it? Different from the one I gave to Marconelly btw...

aku:jiki

Ar_ said:
Check your PMs.
Nice place, isnt it? Different from the one I gave to Marconelly btw...
If you just sent out a link to something similar to mame.dk, can you hook it up here too? I don't need it for the ROMs, but I loved the resource that was mame.dk. I don't get why they couldn't just keep it up, but take down the ROMs, like they had always done before. :(

Ar_

It has the whatsnew.txt for MAME regularly posted, and a message board. And the needed files *cough*
MAME DK had more detailed rom info IIRC. PM incoming anyway.

MoxManiac

What you can do is download Romcenter or ClrMAME Pro and get the latest .dat files, then scan your rom folder. The programs will tell you what you are missing, and what changed, if any.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Thanks guys. I pretty much got what I needed from your links and sugestions.

Now, if only I could get the latest MAME32 to work on my machine... The user interface shows fine, and rom list displays, but as soon as I try to start any game, it won't even start loading it, just makes a pause of second or so, and displays the rom list again.

Ar_

No error messages? Stopped working after updating?
First thing, I'd try a clean install in an empty directory.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Well, I just downloaded the latest archive and manually replaced all the relevant files, just as I've been doing all these years (of course, I backed up the old MAME32.EXE)

I think MAME32 crams lots of it's settings into the registry, in the addition to the config files, so the problem might be there.

None of the roms I've tried would load, btw (and I've tried some really small and old ones). No error message, just reverts back to the rom list. Romsets are correct by mame's own audit.

Ar_

I don't think MAME32 uses the registry anymore.
Had your same problem and a clean install fixed it IIRC.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
The thing is, I can't find the installshield version of latest MAME32 (0.84.5). They only offer the zip, and it's some kind of snapshot "that may not be as stable as the regular release". The thing is, the latest regular release (0.84.2) also gives me the exact same problem, and is also offered only as a zip archive.

Top Bottom