• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

is there any chance that the red star will miraculously be released on the 21st?

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
er, in spite of the fact that acclaim just went under? i don't have the faintest idea how corporate bankruptcy works...apparently acclaim have shut down their development facilities, but the red star was supposedly complete or very close to it. is there enough of acclaim left to release one last game? can they legally do so?

ebgames still has it listed: http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/240814.asp

i really, really want this game. :( :( :(

Brannon

Don't get your hopes up.

No reason, just don't do it. It's Acclaim; they can fuck up anything, even from beyond the grave. So hope = neutral and you should be alright.

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
drohne said:
is there enough of acclaim left to release one last game? can they legally do so?

No. But I'd hope that the soon-to-be-opened Midway Austin office will scoop up both the dev team and the game WITH NO DELAY.

And then get them to do four-player Smash TV.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
The game was completely finished and had been sent off for Sony & MS certification when they went out of business, so we can hope that someone snatches the game up...

gunstarhero

Oh shit! I never even thought of this game's life being ended with Acclaim's problems - that would really suck. After playing the demo, this game jumped on my purchase list - I havent played a good beat em up like this in a LONG time.

Anyone have any info on this game's fate?

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
At Gamestop, all those games have been dumped out of the system for ordering :( I have to believe that some company will pick up Red Star for release as it looked like something totally different than their usual drek. On the other hand there's been a poll at Gamespot about which game should get picked up and shit like Juiced is leading by a large margin, RS barely had any votes. I hope publishers look at it differently.

8bit

Knows the Score
I've heard Juiced has already been 'released'(ie, one of my colleagues mentioned he has a copy). Maybe there's hope for Red Star if no other channels are successful.

Teddman

Oh man, that sucks. Glad I have the demo disc, at the very least.

Another very promising game I played by a now defunct developer/publisher--3DO's Four Horsemen--never made it out.

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
GDJustin said:
The game was completely finished

Well, apart from the bits that got cut out. It would be the happiest of happy endings if their new fairy godmother publisher gave them some extra development budget, too.

FoneBone

Teddman said:
Another very promising game I played by a now defunct developer/publisher--3DO's Four Horsemen--never made it out.
The difference is that that game was a ways away from completion when the publisher went under. The Red Star was done, which makes it likely to find a publisher in my book.

Top Bottom