• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

is this the biggest simp in cinematic history?

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Post-credits sequence to lighten the mood:

Gary's sister enters the hospital room, holding the necklace he bought for Karen.
'The police said you were carrying this when you had your accident. Karen says it's not hers. I hope you don't mind but I wanted to sell it as I need money real quick.'
Gary makes a strangled gurgling sound from beneath his oxygen mask.
'Thanks Gary, you're the best!'
As she turns to leave, her school bag gapes open and Gary glimpses a leaflet for an abortion clinic. His eyes moisten.
The end.
Ken loach would be proud.

Apparently no one in this thread has seen a little movie from the 80's called The Last American Virgin. Let me let the last of the Wiki plot sum it up for you.

Gary decides to help Karen pay for an abortion by selling most of his possessions and borrowing money from his boss. After the abortion, Gary and Karen spend the remainder of the weekend alone together in Gary's grandmother's house. While nursing her back to health, Gary tells Karen that he sincerely loves her. Karen appears to reciprocate and they both share a tender kiss. Karen invites Gary to her eighteenth birthday party the following week. Gary scrapes up a few more dollars and buys Karen an engraved gold locket for her birthday.

When Gary arrives at Karen's birthday party, his dreams of a lasting romance with her are shattered when he walks in on her making out with Rick. Despite what Rick had put Karen through, and despite Gary's devotion and support, she has still rejected Gary to be with Rick. Gary leaves the party without saying a word to either of them, taking Karen's gift with him. He drives home alone, dejected, with tears streaming down his face.

Btw, the end credits roll over a close up of his crying face.
He then went on to get killed in Friday the 13th part 4, while being the only one of the group that doesn't get laid. Appropriate.

• LOL
Reactions: dsp
Top Bottom