• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ITT, we post pictures of our cats.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Terrible pictures since they were taken with my 3DS, but at least it gives an idea... i love my little kitten.

h6WCw.jpg

uGYJj.jpg

RW4n5.jpg

Introducing our new kitty Madeline! We picked her up at a shelter this weekend. My wife and I lost our cat Wilma earlier this years after 20 wonderful years. We had a heart to heart talk and we both realized that we felt ready to have another, new member of our family. We went "just to look" at the shelter but fell in love with Madeline. She was a little anxious at first at the shelter, but very quickly fell asleep in my arms nuzzling into my neck. She loves cuddling and purring on our necks on the couch, but naturally is still a bit nervous and is currently hiding under the couch. I am sure she will get comfortable very soon. It is weird having anxiety and butterflies, worrying about her, but exciting all the same. Our previous cat will always live in our hearts,but we are sure she would be happy to know we will give another kitty a warm and loving home!

IMAG0534.jpg

Madeline is 2.5 months old

Soybean

We have 4 cats, all with feline leukemia (they can't be around healthy cats as they're incredibly contagious). We take these in as they're usually destroyed immediately upon diagnosis (even at no-kill shelters).

Here's Takei, the youngest. He likes to play fetch.

We have 4 cats, all with feline leukemia (they can't be around healthy cats as they're incredibly contagious). We take these in as they're usually destroyed immediately upon diagnosis (even at no-kill shelters).

That's incredible of you, congrats. Takei looks very cute, you should post some pictures of the rest.

One of my cats like to play fetch too, I swear every single day she comes to me with a mouse in her mouth, sometimes at 2AM and drops it in my face while I'm sleeping, waiting for me to throw it for her.

cjkeats

You are heroes for those cats. Takei is adorable.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Shot of my sisters cat 'Pumpkin' I had taken yesterday while testing out a new lens...

MXInc.jpg

My sister saved him from death when the mother and other kittens left him behind (was flea ridden and couldn't travel with the group). Was small and ragged. Years later and he's a big ball of puffy orange fir, shaped like a tatter tot. Love him to pieces.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
So cute.

That cat is the result of many and more cat-interracial mixing. Literally has every fur color in there :lol:

Love it.

Yeah, once i saw her in the pet shop, i couldn't resist with those colors and that cool color seperation in the middle of the face. Even her legs have a distinct color : 2 left legs are beige while her 2 right ones are dark brown.

Introducing our new kitty Madeline! We picked her up at a shelter this weekend. My wife and I lost our cat Wilma earlier this years after 20 wonderful years. We had a heart to heart talk and we both realized that we felt ready to have another, new member of our family. We went "just to look" at the shelter but fell in love with Madeline. She was a little anxious at first at the shelter, but very quickly fell asleep in my arms nuzzling into my neck. She loves cuddling and purring on our necks on the couch, but naturally is still a bit nervous and is currently hiding under the couch. I am sure she will get comfortable very soon. It is weird having anxiety and butterflies, worrying about her, but exciting all the same. Our previous cat will always live in our hearts,but we are sure she would be happy to know we will give another kitty a warm and loving home!

IMAG0534.jpg

Madeline is 2.5 months old

Here is a better photo of our girl!
maddie.jpg

Forearms

Three kitties, hell yeah:

(From left to right: India, Zed, Lily)

Rather hard to get all three of them in the same shot, since the ones on the ends HATE each other.

Holy shit, I've got the same cat tree. I don't have any pictures of my cats to offer at the moment :(.

Aiii

So not worth it
Yeah, once i saw her in the pet shop, i couldn't resist with those colors and that cool color seperation in the middle of the face. Even her legs have a distinct color : 2 left legs are beige while her 2 right ones are dark brown.

Heh, I get it, my cat has sort of the same thing going on, the padding of her feet is half black, half pink, so damn adorable.

ZetaEpyon

My cat Hobbes is pretty awesome, always following me around the house, sleeping at my feet at night, and so on.

Hobbes catching a nap on my bed
DSC_1644-2.jpg

And trying to stow away on my trip to Germany this summer
DSC_0205.jpg

Kammie

Here is a better photo of our girl!
maddie.jpg
She's beautiful. Sorry about your other cat... This one will undoubtedly have a happy home. :)

This guy is named cotton:

Any tips for making his stay pleasant with the existing cat? (simba)
Do they not get along?

If they fight, give them their space. Try to have them in the same room (though at a distance) when positive things happen, like food or play. Eventually they should get used to one another, but it can take time.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
No, not at all. Simba (the incumbent kitty) hisses and swipes at cotton, who is a younger cat. (12 & 3, respectively).

Also, anyone know what breed he is?

Kammie

No, not at all. Simba (the incumbent kitty) hisses and swipes at cotton, who is a younger cat. (12 & 3, respectively).

Also, anyone know what breed he is?
How long ago did you introduce them? Usually if you just throw him in the same environment as the older cat, it's a bad idea. They should be kept in separate rooms until they get used to one another's scent. And then you slowly let them be in each others' presence for a bit at a time (like I said, with food or play). Make sure you don't put Cotton in Simba's usual spots, either, since cats are territorial.

I had a hard time getting my cat getting used to the new kitten I brought in. For two weeks she would hiss and swipe. Eventually she realized that he posed little threat, so she started chasing and attacking him. Look how she does here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FyQHgcw_Vk&feature=plcp

:D

It took about a month for them to tolerate each other. The other day I took my younger cat to the house of the lady I adopted him from, and she has like 10 cats. When I came back home, the scent of the other cats sent my older cat into a frenzy, she hissed and swiped at the other one like she didn't even know him. Took a couple days for it to stop.

Sadly, Tabby passed away a couple months ago (miss you, girl). My dad adopted this little fella to help fill the void for us.

Presenting Nelson the Cat and his awesome two white whiskers. He's almost 5 months old, had him just over a month. Ol' boy's gettin big.

8178964461_32354726cb_z.jpg

And here he was as a little kitty on the adoption site, haha

Fbx3P.jpg

Madouu

My cat Wydad died three weeks ago. It was one of the most sad experiences of my life so far, and I've only found the courage to look at some of her photos today, so I thought I'd share one with GAF.

Here she was helping me out with my fluid mechanics course:

Kammie

My cat Wydad died three weeks ago. It was one of the most sad experiences of my life so far, and I've only found the courage to look at some of her photos today, so I thought I'd share one with GAF.

She was beautiful. I'm sorry for your loss. My cats are barely one and two years old, but already I couldn't imagine going through this.

Remember the good times, and in her honor, if you're able to eventually, consider adopting another little buddy. There's way too many that are in need of a good home.

squared

Here's my little lady, Callisto. Got her from a shelter almost six years ago. She was a stray, and was believed to be about a year old then, but who knows.

7042412883_8a120682eb_b.jpg

6863541896_9b30714c8f_b.jpg

6155454289_37255db32e_b.jpg

Almost lost her due to kidney problems earlier this year, she stopped eating and lost a lot of weight. But she has since recovered and is back to her old self :)

I'm sorry for your loss. She was beatiful.

Skilletor

This is the best thread ever.

We have two cats. I got Korra about...7 months ago, and then, because she was super lonely spazzing cat, we got Anya to keep her company. They both have the same mother. They're about 3 months apart, but Anya is pretty tiny for her age.

Korra and Anya:

korra_anya.jpg

I'm pretty sure they were trying to do the Saiyan dance here:

20121104_200357.jpg

Top Bottom