• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

J-Stars Victory Vs+ Announced For North America (PS3/PSV/PS4)

Tizoc

Well this is def. a PS4 purchase for me.
Is the Vita ver. good though? Does it have good frame rate at least?

Tsunamo

Great news! Will grab again on PS4 for sure.
Is the Vita ver. good though? Does it have good frame rate at least?
Yeah it seemed to run pretty well and ran at native res. Only thing it was lacking is some extra detail on the textures but it certainly does holdup good compared to its console counterpart in terms of performance.

:OOOOO

Listened to the Kageyama theme all year. Great news!

Reeeeeeeeeeaalllly bummed about the cut characters, though. My guess is that characters with no exposure to America (such as Yamada Taro and Jaguar) are the lowest-hanging fruit.

At the very least, please keep Jaguar, Medaka, and the Sket Dan! Would love to see the unfinished characters be bonuses too (Yoh!).

Toad.T

Banned
Like the wise men said, too many cooks spoiling the broth.

It takes a lot to make a SRW, Tranzor, Macross and Gundam too!
Bring the game abroad, it'd add some spice, but our friends at Bandai aren't too nice. (When there's)

Too Many Mechs (Too Many Mechs)

If I had to wager a guess at who would be cut, perhaps the Luckyman and Hell Teacher Nube reps? I don't think they've had an English licenser yet. (Also that Cop gag manga assist hasn't been licensed yet as well, IIRC)

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Got excited then I realized it only says North America and not Europe.

Fucks sake. Europe always gets the short end of the stick when it comes to Atlus games and now this as well.

It has Saint Seya, Hokuto no Ken and Dragonball, there's no way they're skipping Italy, France and Spain. Saint Seya, Lupin the 3rd (not Jump of course), Captain Tsubasa games and others have had limited italian/french releases in the past. Regardless, this would sell way more in EU than NA (unless they only go digital) so they'd be crazy to not work it out over here.

If I had to wager a guess at who would be cut, perhaps the Luckyman and Hell Teacher Nube reps? I don't think they've had an English licenser yet. (Also that Cop gag manga assist hasn't been licensed yet as well, IIRC)

Kochikame will likely never be licensed due to its sheer volume (last I checked, nearly 200 volumes), but I can't imagine they'd cut Ryotsu. He's an unknown in the English-speaking world, sure, but he's far too big of a Jump icon.

Tizoc

Great news! Will grab again on PS4 for sure.Yeah it seemed to run pretty well and ran at native res. Only thing it was lacking is some extra detail on the textures but it certainly does holdup good compared to its console counterpart in terms of performance.

tHANKS, hopefully there'll be a retail US release. Even if it is a retailer exclusive I'll get it from there @_@

KyleCross

I never thought we'd see this... so... are they straight up cutting characters out that they can't reach an agreement among the licensers with?

Jawmuncher

Uh yes, sign me up for PS4 and possibly vita as well. Great news. Hopefully the cut characters aren't anyone who's big time here in NA.

Reknoc

Wow exciting, shame about the cuts though.

Also rip Gundam Breaker 2 if they're more willing to bring this over.

crinale

I'm sure this has been posted multiple times but.. I'm glad they got copyright spaghetti sorted out for Western release. Well done Bamco, well done :D

Well I'll be damned.

Holding off on this until I hear about more balance changes and who's cut. Gintoki is way too weak in the Japanese game.

CANLI

why buy this shit when there's Jump ultimate stars which way better than j-stars with more roster, more support and more stages....

ah yes, there's Korosensei :)

CamHostage

Did Bamco feel really bad about how many games of theirs were left in Japan last gen? They seem to be going out of their way these days to appease those audiences in the west.

I think it's the Asian PSN. They are already going through the trouble of doing a bare-bones translation for territories that require it where the game will sell, might as well dump it out (if the license is available) in the markets that it might sell.

I've not been overly ecstatic with the results to come out of this process so far (and it's not like the cost factors in the treatment) but it's better than nothing, and especially for a fighting game like this a bad translation shouldn't drag it down. So good times, it'll be a shame to lose some characters but I didn't expect it to even happen so it's a win with some caveats.

Reknoc

I don't see Neuro making it, even though he was just a (rather terrible) assist. You're just too good for the west :(

i dont know if anyone should rejoice. the game is terrible. i bought the ps 3 version used for 4000 yen a month or so ago and i plays really bad.

Top Bottom