• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January WrassleGAF |OT| Rocky Road to Wrestle Kingdom Starts Now

It kind of baffles me that people can put Chris Benoit in their fave five. Pragmatically I know that what he did in the end shouldn't have any bearing on his actual body of work, but I have a lot of difficulty watching his matches now.

Also - Antonio Cesaro is the worst fake Swiss name ever. I'm glad he has overcome it.

The rematch clause is like the title defense, right? One month and it's gone.

No. After Summerslam 2011 there were three dudes who were all owed rematches. Rey Mysterio (who lost to Cena), Cena (who lost to CM Punk), and CM Punk (who lost to ADR). Mysterio and Cena both got their rematches pretty quick, but Punk was doing the fucking stupid HHH/Nash angle so he didn't end up getting his until October.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Currently
1. Shinsuke Nakamura
2. Antonio Cesaro
3. Christopher Daniels
4. Fujita Jr Hayato
5. Damien Sandow

Naito would be no 1 if he wasn't injured still.

All Time
1. Owen Hart
2. The Great Muta
3. Rick Rude
4. Shinya Hashimoto
5. Kurt Angle

Bonus La Sombra/Nakamura
tumblr_mgvraqGJ0P1rkxaj4o1_500.jpg

I'm glad we got to see The Godfather last night at the rumble. I like how his music never stopped playing. He just turned around and walked off with his hoooooooooooooooos. I wonder if he'll be at Raw too since it's in Vegas.

I liked seeing Y2J and Goldust there too.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
All time top 5

1. Kane
2. Stone Cold
3. HBK
4. Undertaker
5. Hayabusa

Current
1. Kane
2. Bryan
3. Rhodes
4. Ziggler
5. Cesaro

Omega

Banned
Current
  1. Daniel Bryan
  2. Antonio Cesaro
  3. Dolph Ziggler
  4. Damien Sandow
  5. CM Punk
Mark Henry would be 5th if he was still badass Mark Henry throwing people around and adding people into the Hall of Pain

All-time

1. Shawn Michaels
  2. DDP
  3. Noob Saibot
  4. Kurt Angle
  5. Daniel Byran

McNei1y

The fact that Benoit used Crippler Crossface on his son while killing makes me never want to see the Crippler Crossface or Chris Benoit match ever again.

----- ------ is a monster. It sucks that that shit happened (the whole murder/suicide thing). I used to like watching him wrestle. I'll have what I remember of him but, like you, I probably won't go back and watch a ------ match unless he's somehow incorporated in the match ie, that Tag Team match on Raw that was perhaps one of the best matches on Raw ever.

Surge

Current

1.Ziggler
2.Bryan
3.Cesaro
4.Sandow
5.CM Punk

All time

1.Bret Hart
2.Owen Hart
3.Mr.Perfect
4.Undertaker
5.Sting

Ithil

The fact that Benoit used Crippler Crossface on his son while killing makes me never want to see the Crippler Crossface or Chris Benoit match ever again.

I can't do an all time list, but I can do a current list:

1. CM Punk
2. Antonio Cesaro
3. Dean Ambrose
4. Kota Ibushi
5. Daniel Bryan

Uhh, I don't think that ever happened.

McNei1y

Updating my lists since people are doing current:

All Time

1. Chris Jericho
2. Kurt Angle
3. Stone Cold
4. The Rock
5. DANIEL BRYAN!!!!

Current Fave Five

1. Chris Jericho*
2. Daniel Bryan
3. CM Punk
4. Dolph Ziggler
5. Antonio Cesaro
6. Damien Sandow* (if Jericho counts/doesn't)

Hmm let's see...

All Time:
5. Kane
4. Jeff Hardy (pre-TNA)
3. Kurt Angle
2. Shawn Michaels
1. The Undertaker

Current:
5. Kane
4. Colt Cabana
3. Antonio Cesaro
2. Archibald Peck
1. El Generico

These lists probably change by the week though.

Omega

Banned
Thread is on repeat.

I agree with the kid. What a shit way to end a historic title reign.

what makes it worse isn't even the way he lost.

1. Only reason he wins is to set up Once in a Lifetime II
2. Only reason they set that up is so that Cena can get the belt again
3. They kept fucking saying Rock earned this title shot. How? by making movies? Fuck outta here with that shit

and you know what, fine, the belt is meaningless. It's John Cena's toy that he let other people borrow. I'm cool with that.

but they don't even do the midcard justice. Their idea of a midcard feud is getting buried by Cena/Sheamus or feuding with Kofi/Miz

strobogo

Banned
I don't know who Brandon Stroud is or how he is stealing my gimmick (if he's doing reviews of WCW 2000 fuck him/pity him).

I wasn't sure whether I should laugh or cry when Heath Slater was compared to Axl Rose last night. Then I realized it was probably more of an insult to Heath than Axl and I definitely wanted to cry.

Uhh, I don't think that ever happened.

No one knows and it's always going to be fan speculation but according to the DA:
District Attorney Scott Ballard said the boy had internal injuries to the throat area, but showed no bruises, indicating he may have been locked in the crook of his father’s arm. Previous reports have said the boy had been smothered or strangled.
I'd certainly say that it could hypothetically have happened that way.

Regardless I think the Crossface should be instant heat and it blows my mind when I see faces pull it out.

evil ways

And to think that we almost planned to go to this year's WM, Axxess, HoF, Raw, the whole deal, but plans were scrapped due to having a baby on the way. It was for the best.

Fave 5:

1. CM Punk
2. Dolph Ziggler
3. Daniel Bryan
4. Antonio Cesaro
5. Alberto Del Rio

All time:

1. Macho Man Randy Savage
2. Stone Cold Steve Austin
3. Keiji Mutoh/Great Muta
4. Chris Jericho
5. CM Punk

Fave fives?

Current:
5 (tie). Kane/El Generico/Austin Aries
4. Ziggles
3. RAINMAKER (Okada)
2. Daniel Bryan
1. Antonio Cesaro - Whoever in the WWE decided to let Cesaro keep playing the same character he was in ROH/Chikara has my undying respect.

All Time:
5. Kane
4. Randy Savage
3. Bret Hart
2. Vader
1. Masahiro Chono

U.S. only:
5. The Rock
4. Kane
3. Randy Savage
2. Vader
1. Bret Hart

Japan only (top 3 because it gets real hard to pick after that):
3. Keiji Mutoh/Great Muta
2. Vader
1. Masahiro Chono

Johnz

Neo Member
No one knows and it's always going to be fan speculation but according to the DA:

I'd certainly say that it could hypothetically have happened that way.

Regardless I think the Crossface should be instant heat and it blows my mind when I see faces pull it out.

I mean..at least in the wwe the only one who I've seen in quite a while is Daniel..and it does have minor differences in leg placement...

More of a cattle mutilation man myself...

but yeah..I guess I'm just prone to nostalgia goggles in this case... I mean as a kid I genuinely thought he was the best...and then you know.. :<

Anth0ny

Current fave five:

1. Ziggler
2. Punk
3. Bryan
4. Cesaro
5. Sandow

All time fave five:

1. The Rock
2. Stone Cold
3. Bret Hart
4. Kurt Angle
5. Chris Jericho

UberTag

CenaGAF |OT| February WrassleGAF Still Wants More John Cena

OP is the Shadowlink sign. And that's it.

5. Dr. Isaac Yankem DDS
4. Fake Diesel
3. Voice Box masked Kane
2. Hell No Kane
1. Voiceless Masked Kane
Absence of Christmas Creature makes me a sad panda.

christmascreature.jpg

king zell

All-time:

1. Bret Hart
2. Kurt Angle
3. Eddie Guerrero
4. Undertaker
5. Shawn Michaels

Current:

1. Punk
2. Ziggler
3. Bryan
4. Del Rio
5. Sandow

Feb WrassleGAF |OT| Cena Nuff

Last febuary was HHH month so we should probably keep that tradition alive and dedicate it to another superstar past his prime who spends his time burying the next generation.

John Cena |OT| You cant Wrassle. clap clap clap

Top Bottom