• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January WrassleGAF |OT| Rocky Road to Wrestle Kingdom Starts Now

How do you people even have top 5s? I don't even have a favorite wrestler.

Hell, I watch too much wrestling to ever decide on a definitive top 5. It changes from week to week and I feel like I need to have 3 separate lists for indy, Japanese and WWE wrestling.

Currently;

1. Shinsuke Nakamura
2. Michael Elgin
3. Kazuchika Okada
4. Daniel Bryan
5. Samuray Del Sol

Kaladin

It also doesn't help that the crowds they draw and buildings they run are so small. I guess the iPPVs cut into their ticket sales somewhat.

I think they see iPPV and On Demand as the main portion of their business and only run bigger venues during WM weekend when they are guaranteed a crowd.

McNei1y

Sure you do, Christopher Jericho is everyone's favorite.

ALL TIME ALL TIME ALL TIME

1. Chris Jericho
2. Kurt Angle
3. Stone Cold
4. The Rock
5. DANIEL BRYAN!!!!

Honorable Mention: Jeff Hardy, ----- ------, Goldberg

It's hard because Jeff Hardy and ----- ------ were always some of my favorites but The Rock was always on top for me. Daniel Bryan definitely snuck in.

I think they see iPPV and On Demand as the main portion of their business and only run bigger venues during WM weekend when they are guaranteed a crowd.

It's just a shame they haven't really got a home market where they are guaranteed good crowds, like ROH used to have with Philly & NYC, as only the Mania weekend shows ever seem to have that big feel. It really doesn't help the presentation of the product when the majority of the shows only have fans a few rows deep.

Just got round to watching the rumble.

Rumble wasn't bad but the result tainted it. Therefore it sucks.

Anything other than that would have pleased me.

Actually fuck the whole PPV. All of the results were predictable.

Sokantish

1. Chris Jericho
2. Kurt Angle
3. Stone Cold
4. The Rock
5. DANIEL BRYAN!!!!

It's hard because Jeff Hardy and ----- ------ were always some of my favorites but The Rock was always on top for me. Daniel Bryan definitely snuck in.

Wow Jeff Hardy huh... I thought we kicked all the Jeff Hardy fanboys out of this thread!

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I hate this shit.

At least we got to see that amazing MITB build/match from Punk and some kickass matches with Daniel Bryan.

RIP CM Punk's reign

Fuck John Cena.

If tonight sucks, I'm done.

I came back to watching wrestling because I heard the Rock was coming back. I stayed because of CM Punk.

WWE has done everything in its power to fuck things up on both counts. What's the point?

Bowser

Punk's always said he's a lot closer to retiring than most people assume. I wouldn't be surprised if this was his last year with WWE. I could easily see him in some new and/or interesting programs (Taker at WM, Brock at SS), build to a feud with Austin at WM30 starting with Survivor Series and then retire after giving someone a rub (Ziggler? Cesaro?).

Kyoufu

Punk's always said he's a lot closer to retiring than most people assume. I wouldn't be surprised if this was his last year with WWE. I could easily see him in some new and/or interesting programs (Taker at WM, Brock at SS), build to a feud with Austin at WM30 starting with Survivor Series and then retire.

He has a 7 year contract though?

Punk's always said he's a lot closer to retiring than most people assume. I wouldn't be surprised if this was his last year with WWE. I could easily see him in some new and/or interesting programs (Taker at WM, Brock at SS), build to a feud with Austin at WM30 starting with Survivor Series and then retire after giving someone a rub (Ziggler? Cesaro?).

He signed a 7 year contract he's not going anywhere. He still has like 6 or so years left. Cena will still be there when Punk is gone though

Sokantish

I can't believe something that pretty much everyone knew was going to happen is the thing that is making some of you swear off wrestling. What they did to Daniel Bryan was worse than this, at least I think so. It seemed to work out just fine with Bryan, maybe we can have some more Punk/Bryan matches now.

Ithil

That was completely ambigious, and when people started throwing out dates and years he just said later they were jumping to conclusions. He might have just meant he won't go past 40 like most wrestlers, which would be a further six years.

TheBear

I couldn't really give a shit about Punk, he's top tier now and always will be. I'm more pissed off that they had the perfect opportunity to finally elevate Ziggler to be a cemented main-eventer and they shit on him. Again.

Forgot we were fave fiving:

1. Scott Norton
2. D. Bryan
3. Ultimo Dragon
4. Antonio Cesaro
5. Ziggler

Bowser

He has a 7 year contract though?

He signed a 7 year contract he's not going anywhere. He still has like 6 or so years left. Cena will still be there when Punk is gone though

lol oh yeah, nvm. I do wonder if Punk will take some extended time off soon, maybe after he fails at ending Taker's streak at WM and then comes back for a SummerSlam feud. He's mentioned that he's been dying to take some time off, but right now isn't the best time for that.

Entropia

No One Remembers
It's fave five time people! Bust em out!

5. Bully Ray
4. Austin Aries/Booby Roo
3. Archibald Peck
2. Daniel Bryan
1. Ultra Mantis Black

5. John Cena
4. The Rock
3. The Godfather
2. Goldust
1. Chris Jericho

But for realsies:

5. Chris Jericho
4. Antonio Cesaro
3. Daniel Bryan
2. Cody Rhodes
1. Dolph Ziggler

So when does Punk "get his win back" against the Rock, huh?

When does that happen?

He's going back to midcard/no title area. He's a heel that is no longer a champion back to being a jobber/New Nexus time Punk. He will job to Taker at mania and then have a feud with Cena over the title where he will get no wins. After that they will probably have him put Ryback over then Bo Dallas.

Bowser

My Fave Five (I only watch WWE - I know, I should expand my horizons considering how much I complain about it - although I did watch a bit of TNA when Aries was champ, that was fun) - no order here:

Daniel Bryan
CM Punk
Antonio Cesaro
Dolph Ziggler
Del Rio - have enjoyed face Del Rio quite a bit, though I didn't particularly like the finish to the title match last night

uhh ok.

5. La Parka
4. Shawn Micheals
3. Undertaker
2. ***** ******
1. Macho Man

Hell, I watch too much wrestling to ever decide on a definitive top 5. It changes from week to week and I feel like I need to have 3 separate lists for indy, Japanese and WWE wrestling.

Currently;

1. Shinsuke Nakamura
2. Michael Elgin
3. Kazuchika Okada
4. Daniel Bryan
5. Samuray Del Sol

It's fave five time people! Bust em out!

5. Bully Ray
4. Austin Aries/Booby Roo
3. Archibald Peck
2. Daniel Bryan
1. Ultra Mantis Black

1. Chris Jericho
2. Kurt Angle
3. Stone Cold
4. The Rock
5. DANIEL BRYAN!!!!

My fav five

1. Lou Thesz
  2. Jake Roberts
  3. DDP
  4. Barry 'the tickler' Terrence
  5. Robocop

1) D. Bry
2) Rainmaker Okada
3) Mr. Touchdown
4) Brian Cage
5) Nakamura

for the new page. Robocop OP.

Fave 5 Time? Lets go

1. CM Punk
2. Daniel Bryan
3. ***** *******
4. Christopher Daniels
5. Dean Amblows

honorable mention: Austin Aries, Antonio Cesaro

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
I wonder what happens with Shield now.

There was a brief period where it looked like they were setting up a 3 on 3 with Orton/Ryback/Sheamus but they've made it increasingly obvious they are in cahoots with Punk.

I wonder what happens with Shield now.

There was a brief period where it looked like they were setting up a 3 on 3 with Orton/Ryback/Sheamus but they've made it increasingly obvious they are in cahoots with Punk.

What would be more interesting is if Shield continues to beat up Rock during the Rock/Cena feud.

Sabucin

My fav 5:

Alberto del Río
CM Punk
Daniel Bryan
Antonio Cesaro
Dolph Ziggler

My fav 5 of all time:

Sabu
Chris Benoit
Kurt Angle
CM Punk
Brock Lesnar

Kyoufu

Current fave 5:

1. CM Punk
2. Dolph Ziggler
3. Daniel Bryan
4. Antonio Cesaro
5. EVERYONE ELSE SUCKS

All time fave 3:

1. CM Punk
2. Bret Hart
3. Kane

tumblr_mhcdccSXWT1rkxaj4o1_500.jpg

tumblr_mh8ot3swi81r6gt8vo1_400.gif

Current favourite ...5?!

1. CM Punk
2. Dolph Ziggler
3. Jericho count?
4. Randy Orton
5. ....erm struggling now, Cody Rhodes..

All time:

1. Bret Hart
2. Jericho
3. CM Punk
4. Mr. Perfect
5. Edge

Toki767

It's strange that Vince can give Heyman a performance review when he was brought in as Brock's legal counsel and theoretically shouldn't even have a contract.

Bowser

It's strange that Vince can give Heyman a performance review when he was brought in as Brock's legal counsel and theoretically shouldn't even have a contract.

What as Vince's line? Something akin to "No one remembers this shit a month later so why should we?"

Top Bottom